Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Mashallah,Allahu Akbar dear brothers Asad Abdullah Castilo and DanyalSAC for sharing your stories with us adn your way of accepting Islaam.
SubhanAllah that Allah has show you the right path and reword you with accepting islaam and love to Allah subahn we teala and Love for Islaam.

May Allah reword you both dear brothers on the both world and grant you with Jannatul Firdows.Ameen.:tti_sister:

We are also happy that you joined us to our comunity,and that Inhsallah you will have a nice time and increase your knowlodge about Islaam.

Your sister in Islaam,Asja

:wasalam:

kapasele

assalamualaikum wbt

dear brothers and sisters.my name is maliadie and i came from malaysia.recently i watched many videos from youtube regarding people converting to islam and i cried every time wathing the videos.thinking and wondering the feeling of embracing islam.and i prayed to Allah that He will always help all of us to keep our faith strong.

annettealim

asalam,alaikum lauren,layla,,,,,,i really enjoyed reading your story,,thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,annette alim,,,,,,trying to get on to the straight path,insha,allah

yasmeen7420

I had posted this elsewhere, but thought I would add it here too. lol hope thats ok.
:shymuslima1:

As-salamu alaykum,

I wanted to introduce myself and give you my story on how I came to Islam. My name is Yasmeen and I am from the US. I recently reverted to Islam about a month ago.

I grew up in a semi-religious family. As a young child I remember us going to church, but it didnt last very long. Then as a teenager, my mom and I would go once in a while, but not regularly, you know, the Sunday morning service only is what we would go to. After high school and in my 20s, I really didnt know what I believed or if I believed anything at all. I knew something was there, but what and what do I believe. I was very disenchanted with the church. Looking into other religions, but I didnt look into Islam, at that time, really didnt know much about it and never really heard much about it. When I turned 30, I started attending church again and went regularly and I did for 5 years. Back at the first of the year, my fiancee, who is currently working in Egypt, started telling me about Islam and that he was thinking about changing to Islam, but he wasnt sure. I guess, in March or April of this year, he finally asked me if I would at least read some and be open minded to it, at this time I hadnt been going to church in awhile, I had started falling out with christianity again. Finally, I told him, ok, I will read and learn but Im not going to promise you that anything will change. So, he started sending me stuff to read and sending me links to websites and we would talk about the things I read. We talked and finally I called and made an appointment at a mosque to speak with the Imam. The day I went to the mosque is the day i said my shahada. I called my fiancee on the way home and he was so happy and so excited, he reverted that day too.

That is my long/short story of how I came to Islam. lol. I am so glad that my fiancee didnt give up and kept asking me to be open to Islam. Allahu Akbar I am glad that I found this site.

Question for the other reverts: how did you tell your families and how did they take it? I still havent found the right way to tell them. Any suggestions?

:hijabi:

A'salaamulaykoum!

A'salaamulaykoum Brothers and Sisters in Islam-

I attempted to post my reversion story on here last week but I don't think it went through. It has been amazing to hear about everyone's journeys to Islam subhan'Allah. May Allah continue to strengthen our eman and keep us on the straight path and always of the guided ones, ameen.

Sister Yasmeen mash'Allah welcome to Islam. It is so neat to hear that both you and your fiancee came to Islam together, what a blessing from Allah (SWT). You had asked how some of us approached our families with our new Islamic changes....

I had and have had a difficult time myself, but I know that the more difficulties I am encountering, the more I am assured that I am practicing my faith. If I wasn't practicing my faith things would be a lot easier....example, when I first became interested in Islam I was fasting Ramadans and reading a lot. I started to change my lifestyle too-I stopped drinking, I started wearing conservative clothes. My family noticed the changes but didn't seem too incredibly concerned. Even when I took my shahada and told them months later, they weren't too surprised as they had witnessed my gradual changes over the years. My Mom never fully accepted things, and she created a lot of headache for me, but no where near the headache that she created when I started wearing hijab and then the world knew I was Muslim. That's when things got tough and when the true jihad of being Muslim in my family started.....and even though I have been through a lot, alhamdulilah for it all. It has made me stronger and has solidifed my faith to everyone in my life. They know that I am not going to change, no matter how uncomfortable they feel around me....

Basically what I am saying is do your best, and know that every situation and every relationship will be different and will probably have to be handled differently. Just stay strong, make lots of duaa and insha'Allah you are rewarded for your struggles for the way of Allah (SWT). I am not going to lie and tell you it will be easy to "come out" but it will be worth it (the struggle) in the long run.

You now have a HUGE Muslim family that will always be here for support and encouragement when times get tough, and most likely they will. Alhamdulilah we have a big family now for support.

Islam took 23 years to be revealed by Allah (SWT) so know that everything didn't happen over night. Even the sahaba (as) had to change a lot in their lives and it happened over an extended period of time. Islam is meant to be for all times and all people and all places.....sometimes telling our families is going to be a gradual thing that happens over time. Also, living by a good example is the best thing that you can do for yourself and your deen and insha'Allah your family will see from your example the truth and beauty of your reversion to Islam.

Wishing you the best in your journey, and all others as well.

Wasalaam

aaiwang

yasmeen7420 said:
Question for the other reverts: how did you tell your families and how did they take it? I still havent found the right way to tell them. Any suggestions?
My suggestion, tell to your family that Islam is the Thruth of Life,, Islam is your choice,, eventhough we as moslem, of course make silaturahim to them,, be give them tiny smiling and good-talking, don't hurt their heart! Insha-Allah, Allah will be with you forever in Iman/Islam! :)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I think this was the best story :D:D:D:D just jk

salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born I heard Azan in one ear and Iqama in other ear later after 2 Years I started to see my parents and other praying and listen to Quran and going to mosque with my dad and my grand fater, by 7 I was beaten to pray :D ;) jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah, that how I found out that I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom

salaam alikom

I think this was the best story :D:D:D:D just jk

Originally Posted by Mrmuslim
salaam alikom

My story is really long " on August 3 " I was born I heard Azan in one ear and Iqama in other ear later after 2 Years I started to see my parents and other praying and listen to Quran and going to mosque with my dad and my grand fater, by 7 I was beaten to pray :biggrin: :wink: jk, by 10 I was praying hamdulillah, that how I found out that I am a Muslim.

wa salaam alikom
:salam2:
How ironic, this happened to me too. mashAllah. And I thank and praise Allah and continually ask Him to keep me on the straight path.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
I was not raised anything. Sought God since I was about 6. Knew I didn't belong on this earth, that this was not home.
I was a Christian, but didn't believe many of the things they taught. Went from Church to Church, and every time, they all argued about something. Read the Bible, found so many un answered questions. Ministers say, "uh, well, uh, just have faith."

Met someone Muslim. Was gonna turn him into a Christian.....LOL so what do you do? You get all you can and start reading. First was the Qur'an.....then other writings, then the Sunnah, Hadiths, and history. LOL.......well armed I was to confront the Muslim right?? LOL Ended up saying Shahada, cos all made perfect sense, answered so many questions that I had since a young child.....I was everything from Baptist (Southern and Trinity-yes they are different) Nazarene, Pentecostal, New Life, Assembly of God, Mormon, Jehovah Witness, Catholic, Episcopalian, you name it. No one had the answers.

I KNEW that we weren't supposed to worship a creation, only the creator, and I KNEW Jesus was Created....I always felt sorry for God because no one wanted to put him into the picture and always made it sound like he was powerless to do anything unless he became a man, that worried me, cos to me God was everything, and all powerful, but in Christianity, he isn't he takes back seat. I knew there was consequences to everything, that is natural, and Gods law is natural. So, here I am ......3 years later a Muslimah! Alhumdulilah!

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashaAllah that is similar to some areas of the story of sister Amina Assilmi. May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) bless you.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

doctor38

the Quran (47:38) وَإِنْ تَتَوَلَّوْا يَسْتَبْدِلْ قَوْمًا غَيْرَكُمْ ثُمَّ لا يَكُونُوا أَمْثَالَكُمْ

which translates to "And if you turn away (from Islâm and the obedience to Allâh), He will exchange you for some other people and they will not be your likes.

These stories are amazing and I personally feel it is a fulfillment of this Aya of the Quran.

Peacesrch

:ma:

Nice stories, blessed all.

You know what? I think that we (born Muslims) should not just abide by being a part of a Muslim family, we should think deeply of why we CHOOSE Islam as a true religion. Through decades, 9as mentioned in the Quran) people were following what they grew up finding their parents and grandparents doing, worshiping idles? cows? fire? that's what's happening with us also, we're growing up in Muslim families and without thinking following Islam.

I'm trying to say that we should convert to Isalm again, by truly thinking and being convinced why it's the right way to follow.

Hope my point is clear for you :)
bests.

AlwaysLearning

Assalamu alaikum! I reverted this Friday, mashallah!

I had been looking, all my life it seems, but stronger recently, for the truth. I was raised in a christian home, a traditional/strict/old testament style christianity, though my mother and step father weren't practicing. But I was raised with strong morals in modesty and respect to parents, honesty, etc. I never really dated.

I married 4 years ago, and I know my purpose in this life is to be a wife and mother. I reverted, and my husband is deployed US Army, and I know that in my heart, our marriage is not true anymore, and even if (he says he wishes to revert) he reverts, I am feeling that Allah will find me a new husband, that I was meant for.

Back to my story!! I had been searching, and when I knew my (husband) was going to be deployed to the middle east, I began researching the area, the cultures, the religions...Islam I had glanced over, because I had thought it was a nation, not...Islam. :D

This last week, and feeling alone like I am with him gone, and missing God in my life (I became a practicing Christian years ago, but NEVER felt worshipping Jesus (pbuh) was correct!), but I felt Allah sent to me His message and truth, and I knew there was no reason on this earth to hesitate saying my shahadah...even if I need to handle things with my (previous?) husband, Allah will not give me more than He wants me to learn, inshallah..

I am learning, forgive if I don't say the right words. My heart is in a good place, and I am so happy to have been guided back to Islam!!

~S

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamu alaikum! I reverted this Friday, mashallah!

I had been looking, all my life it seems, but stronger recently, for the truth. I was raised in a christian home, a traditional/strict/old testament style christianity, though my mother and step father weren't practicing. But I was raised with strong morals in modesty and respect to parents, honesty, etc. I never really dated.

I married 4 years ago, and I know my purpose in this life is to be a wife and mother. I reverted, and my husband is deployed US Army, and I know that in my heart, our marriage is not true anymore, and even if (he says he wishes to revert) he reverts, I am feeling that Allah will find me a new husband, that I was meant for.

Back to my story!! I had been searching, and when I knew my (husband) was going to be deployed to the middle east, I began researching the area, the cultures, the religions...Islam I had glanced over, because I had thought it was a nation, not...Islam. :D

This last week, and feeling alone like I am with him gone, and missing God in my life (I became a practicing Christian years ago, but NEVER felt worshipping Jesus (pbuh) was correct!), but I felt Allah sent to me His message and truth, and I knew there was no reason on this earth to hesitate saying my shahadah...even if I need to handle things with my (previous?) husband, Allah will not give me more than He wants me to learn, inshallah..

I am learning, forgive if I don't say the right words. My heart is in a good place, and I am so happy to have been guided back to Islam!!

~S

let me the first to congratulate u....masyaAllah am so happy for u and may Allah grant ur wish and always keep ur iman strong :hearts:

Manaal_e_Afghan

Assalam O Alaikum wr wb Dear Sister In Islam
I am the 2nd one to Congratulate You Lolz
MashAllah Great
May Allah Swt Grant You ,ur wishes and May HE always keep You strong in your Faith
May You always be Blessed
InshAllah
HAPPY RAMADHAN KAREEM

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
:salam2:

I was born into a practicing Muslim family in Dhaka and grew up learning most of the things a Muslim needs to- but it was always just a normal part of life to me. Being influenced in school and everything around me I grew up believing in separation of the mosque and the state and so on.

It was not until I read the translation of the Quran a few years back (I am 18) that I was awestruck- Allah's Book had described 1500 years ago what I learn in the 21st century classroom! The description of Big Bang, expanding universe, water cycle, waters not mixing were given without the slightest error :mashallah:! Ever since then I always tried to lead my life as a better Muslim. I am still very very far away from perfection, my Allah be my aid in my journey to Him.