Zionists´ war against Palestinian poors and orphans

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
With the opening of the school year many families dream of buying book bags
25.08.08 - 10:10

Jenin / Ali Samoudi – Umm Khalid does embroidery in Jenin Refugee Camp. Her eyesight is failing so she must work with glasses to bring in some income. Her husband is unemployed due to the closures. As the new school year starts, they have found that there is no money to buy supplies for their children.

The family engages in other forms of manual work, anything they can find. But the market is tough as there are thousands without jobs now with just as many living below the line of poverty. Prices are on the rise along with the unemployment rate.

Umm Khalid said, “I consider myself lucky that I’ve learned embroidery. My husband can’t find work and we have seven children. We do suffer from hunger and deprivation of basic things, but I am able to support us at least partially. The price of food has risen a great deal, and the cost of the shared taxis has gone up too.”

Leading up to the opening of the 2008-2009 school year Umm Khalid was sewing more than ever in hopes of bringing in the greatest amount of money possible to buy supplies. She still is working to maximum capacity. “I am working 14 hours per day and this work is painstaking and painful. There is no part of my body that is not suffering: my eyes, my hands, my back. But in the face of deprivation there is no choice. Despite this, we have found that we cannot buy school bags for our children. I’m not bringing in more than 500 shekels a month and my husband has been unemployed for three years now.”

Mohammad Adis is a bookseller with a stationary shop in Jenin. He said, “I am trying to provide what the people need at the lowest possible cost. I know there is no money and that most are unemployed.”

Mahmoud Abahrh is a roving vendor. “I work 12 hours a day and make barely enough for some basic cooking needs. And with all of my working hours I still cannot buy the basic things that my son needs for school. We pay the price with recession and unemployment and poverty resulting from being surrounded by checkpoints and settlements, from the Wall and the siege. There is no worse feeling than not being able to buy a book bag for my son.”

With eight children in school, Jamal Salim works in the market. “I need to buy books and bags, but on my best day I don’t earn more than 20 shekels. How can I pay for their supplies and transportation and the electricity and water bills?”

He said, “As the school year opens I feel great sadness because my children have been asking every day when we will buy the bags.”

The child Yousef Asaad sobbed when his mother was unable to buy him a school bag. “I’m sad and I pray to God to bring bags to my brothers and me.”

Amin Hassan spent the summer selling chewing gum. “I worked every day because I wanted to buy a school bag.”
The solution has often been the charitable societies who provide these kinds of things: school bags in the fall, gifts at Eid, coats in the winter. This year is different after Israeli forces closed many of the charitable institutions. Nasri Ayesh found the doors of his charity closed “by decision of the occupation.”

He said, “The aid was helping the poor and unemployed, but the doors were closed by the occupation and I do not know when I can operate again.”

The Spokesperson for the Ihsan Charitable Society said, “Every year we distribute notebooks and bags to hundreds of families, but this year we can’t because the occupation has closed us down along with other associations saying we are a threat to Israeli security. This is a heinous crime against Palestinian citizens who are already deprived of their livelihoods by the Wall, the ring of settlements and checkpoints, and the siege. And then they blockade the institutions that help them. And it is impossible to function after being closed down by the Israelis.”

Umm Ahmed went to several institutions as she is a grandmother with no source of income. “I can’t buy bags for these four children. They are orphaned and I have to provide for them. We are truly living through the most difficult times yet. Is there anything sadder than not being able to buy school bags for your children?”

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3412&Itemid=1

----------------------
Is there any sense left? How some charity organizations whose main role is provide for example school bags or winter coats to orphan children might be serious risk for the security for Isreal?

:angryred:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, it makes no sense. It is not supposed to make sense. And we simply turn our backs and go on to the next thing.