19 yr old Professor!!!!!

Obase

Speaks his mind...
Why are some people so praiseworthy on this? Nothing is mentioned of her religion or view of Islam(just because she has a muslim sounding name)...she has no khimaar on her head.

If she said " Allah blessed me and I am always grateful" or similar, then one could feel proud to have her stand out agains those who say islam prohibits women from developing and gaining an education.

ShyHijabi

Why are some people so praiseworthy on this? Nothing is mentioned of her religion or view of Islam(just because she has a muslim sounding name)...she has no khimaar on her head.

If she said " Allah blessed me and I am always grateful" or similar, then one could feel proud to have her stand out agains those who say islam prohibits women from developing and gaining an education.

Salaam,
We don't know if she says it is all due to Allah, we only have this tiny soundbyte to view the situation. But regardless, she is this intelligent because of Allah swt and we are understandably impressed with her accomplishments. You nor I have any right to judge her and bring her low because she does not wear khimaar, it is possible she has not been raised with proper understanding of Islam (or even if she is even Muslim. ) Instead we should just say mashallah and try not to criticize a person's shortcomings. I wear hijab but it doesn't make me a good person, I am hugely flawed and a simple scarf on my head doesn't make me a better person than her.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

irish_muslim_08

Salaam,
We don't know if she says it is all due to Allah, we only have this tiny soundbyte to view the situation. But regardless, she is this intelligent because of Allah swt and we are understandably impressed with her accomplishments. You nor I have any right to judge her and bring her low because she does not wear khimaar, it is possible she has not been raised with proper understanding of Islam (or even if she is even Muslim. ) Instead we should just say mashallah and try not to criticize a person's shortcomings. I wear hijab but it doesn't make me a good person, I am hugely flawed and a simple scarf on my head doesn't make me a better person than her.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

All I can say is well said, you summed up everything I felt reading the above comment.

irish_muslim_08

Thank you Storm for posting this interesting video. If she is or isn't a Muslim, does that really matter. She should be judged on her actions and not on what religion she might belong to (then only to point out she doesn't wear a head scarf!) I know that this is a Muslim website, but i don't think we should only bring the good deeds or positive actions of others brought to our attention if they are muslim only.

Amir_of_spain

Relax bros and sistas, such examples should encourage us to study and work hard in our own subjects and fields. But i agree withthe previous bro, its not a praiseworthy matter, as its a dunya related activity, its never going to compare with the honour and praise given to someone who is a hafiz or a alim etc.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Relax bros and sistas, such examples should encourage us to study and work hard in our own subjects and fields. But i agree withthe previous bro, its not a praiseworthy matter, as its a dunya related activity, its never going to compare with the honour and praise given to someone who is a hafiz or a alim etc.

Agreed, well said:)

:wasalam:

Kayote

Salaam,

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salam all,

Well said by Sarah & to the point.