30 dajjal hadith

armanhaq

theres this hadth in bukhari & muslim that by Qiyamat there will the appearance of 30 dajjals.Is this hadith absolutely sahih?

Signor

Hadith - Bukhari 9.237, Narrated Abu Huraira
ranhu.gif

Allah's Apostle
saaws-long.gif
said, "The Hour will not be established

(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine,

(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle,

(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars)

(4) earthquakes will increase in number

(5) time will pass quickly,

(6) afflictions will appear,

(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,

(8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,'

(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings,

(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place,'

(11) and till the sun rises from the West.

So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."

https://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/088-sbt.php

armanhaq

but many dajjals have appeared, brother.
Musalaymah was outside Muhammad(sas)'s kingdom, we have had so many messiah claimants man.

Do the majority of scholars agree the 30 dajjal hadith is sahih??

Last edited:

Abu Juwairiya

I am not a scholar of Islam or a trained student of knowledge, so I wish to begin by saying I am sorry if I add anything that might be false or even partially based on or could lead to conjecture. The following are personal opinions based on my limited knowledge and if I am wrong, the mistakes are my own.

First, you are correct in asserting there may have been more than thirty Dajjals that have appeared since the time of the Prophet (PBUH). However, many of those may have been minor pseudo prophets with few followers, little actual effect on the state in which they lived (or the wider world for that matter) and the Muslims may not have been directly or seriously exposed to them over the past fourteen centuries.

To be a Dajjal, one does not have to call himself a prophet or preach to the Islamic World in general; issuing a challenge to Allah by becoming a self sent apostle, receiver of revelation or divine guidance is sufficient to be awarded the title. In that respect, it is possible the thirty Dajjals spoken of in Ahadith may be those who will have the largest and most detrimental impact in misguidance.

Abu Juwairiya

No, masiihu dajja only 2.

I can agree and disagree with you. A truthful Messiah (Isa Ibn Maryam) and a false Messiah (Al Masih Ad Dajjal). Both will appear near the end times. However, this does not negate the Ahadith which talk about other people who will also claim Prophethood, but not Messianic Office.

Al Masih Ad Dajjal, the Messiah of the Jews and I am also told, possibly also the Shia Messiah, will claim both. Hence no contradiction. I can supply you with the Ahadiths that refer to and speak of thirty Dajjals who will assert Prophethood after The Messenger of Allah (SAW) if you wish.

Abu Juwairiya

Do you understand that massihu dajja actually only 2 individuals (not pairs). So that those 30 will be only for 2 of its. And the meaning of 30 masiihu dajja is that there would be only 30 masiihu dajja. How about which going to come at the last? that instead only that one,while the other is its friend.

Every Al Ulama knew that.

It appears you are a either a deviant Muslim or even worse a Non Muslim trying to cause trouble here. We will be watching and monitoring you closely like we did 'Aallah', 'Halik' and others. Your knowledge and understanding of Masihu dajja show you have not shown sources to back up your claims and you did not say which Al Ulama [your own wrong phrase] support you and since you talk so similar to 'Aallah', I would not be too surprised if you are him as well.

Abu Juwairiya

The following people have been classified as being among the 30 Dajjals-

1. Musyalama
2. Tulaiha Asadi
3. Al Aswad Al Ansi
4. Sajah
5. Mukhtar Ath-Thaqafi
6. Elijah Muhammad
7. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad
8. Bahaullah
9. Timothy Drew Ali
10. Al Masih Ad Dajjal

Those not included among the 30 but claimed prophethood include-

1. David Berg (Family of God)
2. Harith
3. Mahmud Muhammad Taha
4. Al-Hussain Bin Hamdan Al-Khusaibi
5. Abu At-Tayyib Al-Mutannabi
6. Hamim Al-Mahkasi
7. Abu Mansur Al-Ijli
8. Al-Mughirah Bin Sa'id Al-Ijli
9. Ishaq the Mute
10. Mahmud An-Nisapuri

abou_elkacem

There will be no dajjal or mehdi in the future. Allah do not permit miracles to be performed on the hands of liars. Dajjal is one the many judeo christian thoughts infiltrated into Islam thanks to hadiths.