60 Jailed for Hijab in France

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam

While some of us enjoy some freedom to wear what we want, its queit the opposite in France...this what i found...

MUSLIM LADY GOES TO JAIL FOR COVERING HER BODY NAKED MAN ATTENTION & MONEY FOR RUNNING IN THE STREETS

A recently-surfaced video, meanwhile, featured a naked male running around the country’s streets while trying to cut a figure as a pole vaulter.
Kenza Drider, a young Muslim that left the southern city of Avignon for Paris to participate in a television program on the day the ban became law, was among the detainees.

“This law infringes my European rights; I cannot but defend them, that is to say my freedom to come and go and my religious freedom,” she said.

“This law breaches these rights,” said the mother of four.

Her husband, Allal, said, “According to this law, my wife would have to remain cloistered at home, do you find that normal?”

“They come here for their liberty for their freedom to dress as they want. I thank them to come here to defend this form of liberty,” said a female supporter of the Muslim women.

“I think the law is nonsense. Politicians have nothing better to do than attack our veils,” said another Muslim woman that had taken his child out while observing the Islamic dress code in spite of the restriction.

The recent move by France to impose a ban on burqa, a cover-all headdress some Muslim women choose to wear, has come in contrast with the country’s tolerance of public nudity.
The ban came into force on Monday and was followed by immediate arrest of nearly 60 women that defied the ban by walking outside the famed Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, reported a Press TV correspondent from the French capital.

Advocates of the ban in country that purportedly advocates democracy and basic freedoms say the regulation protects women’s freedoms as well as France’s firmly-embedded principles of secularism.

“Quite a large part of the people believe that the women are weak. So they think that the republic has to protect the minorities, the people, who are weak and then they thought that it was necessary to make a law,” said Velentine Zuber, religious practices professor at Sorbonne — the University of Paris.

Based on the procedures dictated by the burqa ban, the police would take the female violators to a police station until they consents to be unveiled for identification.

A spokesperson for the police officers’ union warily stated that the police have many other problems to solve.

Over thousands of Muslim women wear a full-face veil in France, which is home to more than five million Muslims — the largest Muslim community in the EU.

Crude Dude in the Nude
A French pole vaulting champion has run naked with his pole through the streets of Paris and posted the video on the Internet, hoping to draw attention to his quest for a new sponsorship deal.

Romain Mesnil, who won a silver medal at the 2007 Athletics World Championships in Osaka, used to be sponsored by US sports brand Nike but says his contract expired last year and was not renewed.

"It was probably for budgetary and strategic reasons. It's the crisis," he wrote on his website.

Many athletes have reported difficulties obtaining corporate sponsorship as companies cut costs because of the global economic downturn.

In his video, Mesnil runs with his pole as if preparing for a vault at tourist spots like Montmartre and the Pont des Arts across the River Seine. A black square has been added to the footage to cover his private parts.

This "nude dude" video has succeeded in drawing attention to Mesnil's plight, at least in France. It was broadcasted on primetime state television news bulletins.

Source: http://islamnewsroom.com/news-we-need/1548-60-arrested-for-hijab-in-france

May Allah swt help these young courageuos women
Ameen

Wasalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

Allahu musta'an, Allahu musta'an, Allahu musta'an

I pray to Allah that He grant me such power of authority or at least the way to help our sisters round the world. may Allah reward them who are fighting continuously.

wa bi-llahi fee tawfeeqi
wassalamu alaikum

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

This is because of the hypocrite Sakuzi one hand he said France is helping the libyan revolutionaries gain freedom and in his own country he has snatched the freedom of woman to wear what they want

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

well firstly il just like to tell the sisters in france to be patient and firm, inhsallah allah has prepared a reward for them, ameen.

well i just think its a government strategy to attack the muslims, this could be just the start, in 10 years time or something allah knows best, they may even try and get rid of the burka or scarf, they are just doing it systematically. i BLAME the muslims alot becouse lazy muslims like me and many others are just sitting and lazying around without takeing any appropiate actions to help the sisters.

and one other thing that helped the ban is A LACK OF POLITICAL PARTICIPATION by the muslims in france. we muslims cause OUR own downfall at times !

rose3

Assalamu`alaykum

This is because of the hypocrite Sakuzi one hand he said France is helping the libyan revolutionaries gain freedom and in his own country he has snatched the freedom of woman to wear what they want

exactlly brother

MalikBrother

Salaam!

The arrival of Imam Mahdi and Prophet Isa (PBUH) is very near. Be patience, and stay strong. Meanwhile, i will continue to pray for our sisters in France. Verily, Allaah (SWT) will punish them as they are unjust to you in France.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Salaam!

The arrival of Imam Mahdi and Prophet Isa (PBUH) is very near. Be patience, and stay strong. Meanwhile, i will continue to pray for our sisters in France. Verily, Allaah (SWT) will deal with them unjust as they are unjust to you in France.

Wa`alaykum us-Salaam

Brother what you said is blasphemous. Alaah is never unjust, He stressed that in the Qur'an many a time.

MalikBrother

Wa`alaykum us-Salaam

Brother what you said is blasphemous. Alaah is never unjust, He stressed that in the Qur'an many a time.

Thank you for correcting me. May Allaah (SWT) forgives me for accidentally sounded blasphemous. Didn't know my post sounded like this especially when i was trying to make point of how they are treating our sisters, and Allaah (SWT) will treat them the same in Afterlife. Thank you for saving me, my friend.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
This world is so backwards in terms of their princeipals. Muslims are the only ones with their heads on straight :/

I pray for my sisters in France who veil and cover, life must be so hard for them there :(