9 things a Women on Menses can do in Ramadan

The_truth

Worship from Fajr until 20 Minutes after Sunrise:

Annas (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallaahu `alayhi wa Sallam) said: “Whoever prays the Fajr prayer in congregation and then he remains sitting mentioning Allah until the sun rises, and then he prays two Rak’ahs, will receive the reward of one Hajj and one ‘Umrah, complete, complete, complete.” [At-Tirmithi with a good chain of narrators]

So a woman on her menses can still remain seated after the Fajr prayer and engage in Dua, contemplation, recitation of Tafseer (Meanings) of the Qur'an and in the glorification and remembrance of Allah until 20 minutes after sunrise and there is no reason why she cannot receive the same reward!

The_truth

Sisters recite the Dua of Laylatul Qadr abundantly during the last 10 nights:

اَللَّهُمَّ اِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ ، تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

Allahumma innaka ‘affuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘anni’ ‘
O Allah You are The One Who forgives greatly, and loves to forgive, so forgive me. [at Tirmidhi]

This Dua is a true blessing to our Ummah which was given to us by Allah the majestic to the Prophet [Sallallahu laihi Wasallam] to the most beloved person to him: Aisha [RA]. So that makes the Dua extra special.

Normally when we ask for forgiveness then Allah may forgive us but may still mention the sin to us on the Day of Judgement. But in this Dua we are asking Allah to completely wipe away our sins so that they are totally erased. So recite this Dua frequently during this blessed night to get your sins totally wiped out and come out as sinless as a newborn baby. Subhanallah!

The_truth

10 Easy Ibadaat for Women in Ramadan on their Menses / Periods

What is Ibadah?!

The term “Ibadah” (worship) in Islam is not only confined to the pillars of Islam as it comprises many other goodly aspects. Allah [Exalted be His mention] says [what means]:

“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” {Surat Adh-Dhariyat 51: Verse: 56}

Many people mistakenly understand the term “worship” to mean living an ascetic way of life. This is not true at all. In Islam, worship is not [only] restricted to prayer, going to the masjid, giving in charity, or going for Hajj, as one can even turn permissible acts such as sleeping, eating, drinking, going to work, etc. into an act of worship. How is that?! By having a good intention! So, if one sleeps with the intention to rest his body so he can have more energy to worship Allah then this is a good intention. If one goes to work so he can provide for his family and those under his care, then this is a good intention which he will be rewarded for.

Mu’aadh (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I sleep and I get up (to pray at night), and I seek reward for my sleep as I seek reward for my getting up.[Narrated by al-Bukhari]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “You will never spend anything that you spend for the sake of Allah, but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you put in your wife’s mouth.” [Narrated by Al-Bukhari]

Sheikh ul-Islam Ibn Tayimah (May Allah have Mercy on him) gave a very comprehensive definition of the word “Ibaadah” as he said: “Al-Ibadah is a collective term for all of the deeds and words which Allah loves and is pleased with [whether] inward or outward.”

WHAT CAN I DO DURING MY PERIOD?

Many sisters feel that they cannot do much of Ibaadaat while on their monthly period, this is not true. Allah (Exalted be His mention) gave us the blessing of time, we should take advantage of it in doing things that are pleasing to Him. So, here is a list of ten easy Ibaadaat that can be done during the period:

1. Make lots of du’a (supplication) to Allah

Being in that state of ritual impurity should not prevent you from making du’a.

It is reported from An-Nu’man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported the prophet (Peace & blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “Du’a is worship.” [Abu Dawud]

2. Visit a close family member

When you are visiting one of your close family members make sure to have the intention of keeping good ties of kinship between both of you.
The prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “And he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should unite his ties of kinship.” [Reported by Al-Bukhari]

3. Make lots of Istighfaar (seeking forgiveness from Allah) and dhikr (remembrance of Allah)

This can be done when you are cooking, cleaning, going to work, going to the shop, etc. Allah [Exalted be His mention] says [what means]:
“O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance.” [Surat Al-Ahzab: 33: Verse: 41]

4. Give Da’wah to Muslims and non-Muslims

This can be by sharing an Islamic post on face book, sharing Islamic knowledge in general through media, and most importantly being a good example through your manners, speech and actions. Allah says what means: “And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims.” [Surat Fussilat: 41: Verse: 33]

And the prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Convey from me even if it is (only) one ayah (verse).” [Narrated by al-Bukhari]

5. Read beneficial books

Choose books that will help you understand more about Islam, purpose of this life and duties towards our creator. Anas ibn Malik said, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim.” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

6. Visit the sick

It is one of the rights upon another Muslim to visit them when they are sick, and not only that, there are great virtues for visiting the sick as mentioned by our beloved Prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him): “When the Muslim visits his (sick) Muslim brother, he is harvesting the fruit of paradise until he returns.” [Narrated by Muslim].This would also enable us to be more thankful to Allah for the good health that we have and content with the condition we are in.

7. Listen to the Qur’an frequently

Listening to the Qur’an would enable you to prefect your recitation of the Qur’an, help you revise what you memorized, and constantly remembering Allah in your heart and mind.

8. Help others

If you see your sister in Islam going through hard circumstances, do what you can to help her. One day if you are in that same position, Allah will bring to you someone who will help you too.

9. Smile in your sister’s face

By doing so, we are following the prophet’s sunnah and will be rewarded for it Insha’Allah.

10. Spread the greeting of “Salam”

This should be done with those [sisters] we know or never met before. The prophet (Peace be upon him) said: “You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I tell you about something which, if you do it, will make you love one another? Greet each other with Salam.” [Muslim]

In conclusion, let’s renew our intentions and make sure we are doing all these good deeds sincerely for Allah’s sake and following the footsteps of our beloved prophet Muhammad and his companions (May Allah be pleased with them all).

Source:http://www.theidealmuslimah.com/201...for-women-in-ramadan-on-their-menses-periods/

The_truth

Taking on your Period During Ramadan!

So, you have been fasting consistently. The headaches and dehydration have passed. You are really beginning to take advantage of the blessings that Ramadhan brings. And no clearer than the end of this sentence. There it is, right on time. Your period. The worst thing that can happen during Ramadhan.

No more fasting, no more praying, until it has ended. What are you to do?

Continue earning the blessings of Ramadan during your menses!

Now is not the time to fall back into bad habits, you can still participate and earn the blessings of this holy month. I’m sure you spend plenty of time online, and/or listening to your iPod. Yes, Apple has an app for that. You can listen to and read Qur’an from your iPhone, iPod, or favorite web browser.

You may actually find yourself reading more than you realize, too! If you read a minimum of five pages of Qur’an per day, insha’Allah you will be done by the end of Ramadhan.

Okay, you can’t pray, no big deal. But you can do dhikr. Prayer is a way or remembering Allah (SWT) . As you are waiting for your family and friends to pray, simply do dhikr during the time in which you would be praying instead. Dhikr is repeating ‘Allahu Akbar‘, ‘Alhamdulillah‘, and ‘Subhanallah‘ 33 times each. It’s a very meditating and calming activity.

In actuality you can still pray. Even without purification, at any time you may fall in Sujood, or prostration (face on the floor, palms down) and make supplication to Allah (SWT) for anything that concerns you. You can make supplication sitting down with hands raised to your Creator at anytime as well.

You don’t have to have any special supplications memorized, or even speak in Arabic. Talk to Allah (SWT) as though He (SWT) were your best friend, and you will find that He (SWT) is. You will begin going to Him (SWT) more and more, even after Ramadan is over. It’s not only by doing more good deeds that you improve your character, but also by drawing yourself closer to Allah (SWT) ; as you grow closer to Him (SWT) , He (SWT) changes your character and therefore your deeds change as a result of the change in your heart.

Allah (SWT) says in the Qur’an:

“… Allah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you.” 2:185

Feeding people has a blessing of its own. However, during the month of Ramadan, it’s like a multi-level marketing business! If you feed a person who has been fasting, your earn the blessings of their fast as if you had fasted the entire day yourself!

Volunteer at your local mosque, sponsor Iftar one night, or contribute to a potluck. Encourage your friends who are also not fasting to join you, and gain blessings from their good deeds as well. Before you know it, your menses will be over.

Purifying yourself after your menses

After your menses has ended, you must purify yourself through a process called ghusool before you can begin fasting and resume praying as normal. First, remove all your jewelry or anything that may get in the way of the water touching your skin, and un-braid any braids or pony tails that you may have in your hair. Bathe your private parts, and pour three cup fulls of water of your hair, making sure that water gets to your scalp.

Then continue your ghusool as you would when making Wudhu. But before you wash your feet, bathe and wash your entire body until you are fully clean. Then, wash your feet and end your ghusool by saying the shahada: Ashhadu inna la ilaha illa Allah, wa ashhadu inna Muhammadun rasool Allah. Remember, the water should touch every single part of your body – if even one hair remains dry, your ghusool is not valid!

If, for some reason, your menses has continued for more than 15 days, perform ghusool as stated above, and go back to your praying and fasting as you normally would. Scholars differ on the number of days, between 11-15 days. They all agree however that it is not considered to be your menses but rather a discharge. You simply purify yourself before each prayer, then pray and fast as normal.

Don’t let something as small as your menses get in between you and your blessings. Remember that Ramadan is not simply about giving up food, praying, and fasting, but it is truly about purifying your heart and your deeds — leaving things that Allah (SWT) dislikes and doing more of the things that He (SWT) loves with no intention other than to please Him (SWT) .

Source: http://muslimgirl.com/2509/taking-on-your-period-during-ramadan/