__

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Evil doesn't come from Allah. If you question and it leads you to enjoining good, self-explanatory, nothing wrong with that. When you are burdened with grief, or face a trial of some sort, and you question the reason behind that, and do not submit, that is when you are questioning the decree of Allah. In any case, Allah likes those who, when in hardship, remember that we belong to Him and to Him is our return.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Evil doesn't come from Allah.

Some people get confused when they see read this sort of statement. So, just wanted to add a bit to it, inshaa'Allaah.

1. As Allaah `azza wa jall said in the qur'aan, "Say: All things are from Allaah", both khayr and sharr (good and bad) are from Him--by His Will and Decree.

2. Goodness Only can be attributed to Allaah.
Allaah `azza wa jall is Just and wrongs no one. (We're the wrongdoers)
He Forgives and turns away no one. (We're the ones that prefer following our own desires)

3. Whatever evil/calamity that befalls us is also from Allaah (by His Will) but because we have earned it (by sinning and disobeying Allaah, etc.). So it's really from our own selves.

Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

If we feel angry about evil things that happens in the world or we question them, like "Why do people do something like this...", does that mean that we are unhappy with Allah's decree?

Jazakumullahu khayran.

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.

Feeling angry and questioning people's horrendous acts are both part of human tendency. It would be strange and unethical if a person tolerated and never questioned it when anyone commits an evil action and end up wronging either themselves or someone else in the process.

But the this train of thought that always includes "why" in it can become a cause that may eventually lead to your downfall. Shaytaan's tricks are many, na`oodhu billaah. He can one day lead you to questioning, "*why* does Allaah let this happen"? And that is when you should know that you're not happy with the decree of Allaah `azza wa jall.

So inshaa'Allaah, keep your anger and questioning to a minimum. The best way to deal with this 'anger' that you may feel because of the evil things that happen everyday is to, yes, feel angry, but feel angry for the sake of Allaah because His rights are violated, just as our prophet :saw: has shown us in many incidents.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Sister Janaan, you haven't wasted a word. Beautifully put.

Well the question is at first why were we created on earth? The Answer is the test of god but this test is not rated, in fact it is pass or fail and then rating comes. But as God promised the believers with heaven which has a width of the earth and skys combined, which is really huge, we have predicted the size of hell which is length of the earth and skys, which means it is bigger. The wisdom in gods decision of making them this way is to Say that Evil is more than the good but that is an advantage to get through to heaven. The point is that We are allowed to have emotions but to believe if something didnt go as planned with no reason we have to believe that this is for our own good even if you feel its evil. This is also islam never condones violence as people claim, and the proof is when god created adam Satan protested and refused to show respect for adam and told god that if he is going to hell anyway hes not going alone, if someone claims that killing someone is part of our religion then it is complete bull *!*!*!*! because if the terrorist wants the killed people to go to hell then he is same as satan, this is a quot from Imam elduaa Elshaikh muhammed metwali elshaarawy rahemmaho allah. So my advice is embrace the evil thing that happened and know that there is wisdom from god to you, if u have any more concerns fell free to contact me here. I hope this helped. :D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
this is a quot from Imam elduaa Elshaikh muhammed metwali elshaarawy rahemmaho allah.

Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah, brother.

This part of your post stood out to me.

I'm guessing this is the same Muhammad Mitwalli Ash-sha`araawi from al-Azhar scholars?

Is he one of your many shuyookh that you mentioned in one of your other posts? Sorry I have to ask this, brother, but do you agree with his views about Waseelah, and graves inside the masaajid and 5th ayah of surat Taahaa?

PS. For anyone who might misunderstand my post, I'm not attacking the brother, those are sincere questions.

Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah, brother.

This part of your post stood out to me.

I'm guessing this is the same Muhammad Mitwalli Ash-sha`araawi from al-Azhar scholars?

Is he one of you many shuyookh that you mentioned in one of your other posts? Sorry I have to ask this, brother, but do you agree with his views about Waseelah, and graves inside the masaajid and 5th ayah of surat Taahaa?

PS. For anyone who might misunderstand my post, I'm not attacking the brother, those are sincere questions.

Ah sorry i am still new to the website i am having technical diffuculties, Yes he is one of the people i have mentioned, your question is it about building graves in mosques?

Yes, that and the rest of what I mentioned...
Yea ok ignore my other edit
Mmm.... the idea of building graves in masjid is not tollerated anymore due to the disagreements, the sheikhs point of view is completely right, the whole issue is if u are praying over a grave or into a grave, in almadina you find the prophets grave is in the masjid but it is enclosed around him so no one prays inside, so this is what most people misunderstood. Another view would say that it is just better to keep bodies in a certain place and not keep them in masjids. we dont actually make anyone get burried anymore in mosques. but both are right.

Islam!!yay

I think a lot of the problems on Earth are simply man-made problems. for exampe I believe the problems in Africa with its extreme poverty are man-made.I think that through Europes absolute control and colonization is really what contributed to Africas problems. just Imagine if the UK and France were to take control and used up all of Arab oil since the beginning, Arabs would definitely be living in poverty and they would not have any money to build a decent society. Im sure Allah SWT Wants all of us to have decent lives, but through human greed and pride we have allowed more than 870 million people to go hungry!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Yea ok ignore my other edit
Is that supposed to be sarcasm, akhy? I didn't even see that you edited your post.

Mmm.... the idea of building graves in masjid is not tollerated anymore due to the disagreements
There was really never a disagreement. The hadeeth has been pretty much clear to all, (Allaah cursed the Yahood and Nasaara; they took the graves of their prophets as mosques) except for those who refused to listen to reason.
, the sheikhs point of view is completely right,
His point of view was that, "yes, and there's nothing wrong with it (i.e., the building of masaajid over graves)". So, in your opinion, this is completely right?
the whole issue is if u are praying over a grave or into a grave,
Honestly, I do no understand this. What is the difference of praying "over" it or "into" it? They are both the same. Because at the end of the day, our qiblah is towards the Ka`bah and not any person's grave.
in almadina you find the prophets grave is in the masjid but it is enclosed around him so no one prays inside, so this is what most people misunderstood.
This was also ash-sha`rawi's evidence for his opinion. You really are his student.
However, the sahaaba did not bury the prophet :saw: in his mosque. He was buried in the house of `Aaisha (radiyallhu `anhaa). It was during the time of Al-Waleed ibn `Abdul-Maalik that he decided to incorporate the room into the expansion of the masjid, and of course the `ulamaa' of that time denounced him for that.
Another view would say that it is just better to keep bodies in a certain place and not keep them in masjids. we dont actually make anyone get burried anymore in mosques. but both are right.
No, akhy. Both cannot be right. The prophet :saw: clearly stated in numerous ahaadeeth not to take the graves as places place of worship.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on praying in a mosque in which there is a grave.
He replied:
Praying in a mosque in which there is a grave falls into two categories:
(i) Either the grave was there before the mosque, and the mosque was built over the grave. It is essential to shun this mosque and not pray therein, and the one who built it must knock it down; if he does not do so, then the Muslim authorities must knock it down.
(ii) Or the mosque was there before the grave, and the deceased was buried after the mosque was built. In the case the grave must be dug up, and the remains taken out and buried with the people (in the graveyard).
As for praying in such a mosque, it is permissible so long as the grave is not in front of the worshipper, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade praying in the direction of graves.
With regard to the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which is incorporated into his mosque, it is well known that the Mosque of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was built before his death, and was not built over his grave. It is also well known that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not buried in the mosque, rather he was buried in his house which was separate from the mosque. At the time of al-Waleed ibn ‘Abd al-Malik he wrote to his governor in Madeenah, who was ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez, in 88 AH, ordering him to dismantle the Prophet’s Mosque and add to it the rooms of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). ‘Umar gathered the prominent people and fuqaha’, and read the letter of the caliph al-Waleed to them. That caused them distress, and they said: “Leave it as it is, that is better.” And it was narrated that Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib denounced the incorporation of ‘Aa’ishah’s room into the mosque, as if he feared that the grave would be taken as a place of worship.
Umar wrote a letter to that effect to al-Waleed, and al-Waleed sent word to him ordering him to carry out his instructions, so ‘Umar had no other choice. So you see that the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was not placed in the mosque, and the mosque was not built over it, so there are no grounds for those who try to quote this as evidence that people may be buried inside mosques or that mosques may be built over graves.
It is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May the curse of Allaah be upon the Jews and the Christians; they have taken the graves of their Prophets as places of worship.” He said that as he was dying, as a warning to his ummah against doing what they did. When Umm Salamah told him of a church that she had seen in Ethiopia and the images therein, he said: “Those people, if a righteous man among them died, they would build a place of worship over his grave. They are the most evil of people before Allaah.” And it was narrated from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among the most evil of people upon whom the Hour will come when they are still alive are those who take graves as places of worship.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad with a jayyid isnaad.
The believer should not accept to follow the ways of the Jews and the Christians, or to be among the most evil of people.
Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 12/question no. 292

And I wonder why you didn't respond to the rest of my questions. But khayr, Inshaa'Allaah. I just wanted to see if you knew of Ash-sha`raawi's deviance and clearly you don't. So take into account that he says the following and is considered among the `Ulamaa' to be a Soofee and Ash`aree.

He said:
1. He doesn't believe that Allaah Has risen over His Throne. [As is known to all, this is part of the Ashaa`ariyyah creed]

2. Allaah Has created the Rasool ﷺ from a pinch, a pinch from His Face. A pinch from Light.

3. Waseelah can be sought through a dead person (i.e., you can make du`aa to a dead person and they'll intercede for you) [And thus, affirming to a the Soofi creed, as well)

Beware of who you take your knowledge from, akhy. May Allaah `azza wa jall guide us all and keep us firm in our faith.

:salam:

Is that supposed to be sarcasm, akhy? I didn't even see that you edited your post.

There was really never a disagreement. The hadeeth has pretty much clear to all, (Allaah cursed the Yahood and Nasaara; they took the graves of their prophets as mosques) except for those who refused to listen to reason.

His point of view was that, "yes, and there's nothing wrong with it (i.e., the building of masaajid over graves)". So, in your opinion, this is completely right?

Honestly, I do no understand this. What is the difference of praying "over" it or "into" it? They are both the same. Because at the end of the day, our qiblah is towards the Ka`bah and not any person's grave.

This was also ash-sha`rawi's evidence for his opinion. You really are his student.
However, the sahaaba did not bury the prophet :saw: in his mosque. He was buried in the house of `Aaisha (radiyallhu `anhaa). It was during the time of Al-Waleed ibn `Abdul-Maalik that he decided to incorporate the room into the expansion of the masjid, and of course the `ulamaa' of that time denounced him for that.

No, akhy. Both cannot be right. The prophet :saw: clearly stated in numerous ahaadeeth not to take the graves as places place of worship.

And I wonder why you didn't respond to the rest of my questions. But khayr, Inshaa'Allaah. I just wanted to see if you knew of Ash-sha`raawi's deviance and clearly you don't. So take into account that he says the following and is considered among the `Ulamaa' to be a Soofee and Ash`aree.

He said:
1. He doesn't believe that Allaah Has risen over His Throne. [As is known to all, this is part of the Ashaa`ariyyah creed]

2. Allaah Has created the Rasool ﷺ from a pinch, a pinch from His Face. A pinch from Light.

3. Waseelah can be sought through a dead person (i.e., you can make du`aa to a dead person and they'll intercede for you) [And thus, affirming to a the Soofi creed, as well)

Beware of who you take your knowledge from, akhy. May Allaah `azza wa jall guide us all and keep us firm in our faith.

:salam:
all of what youve said is implied in what ive said, i said praying into graves and over graves it meant the same thing as what u said about the prophets words of not taking a grave a masjid. and we all know the imam shaarawi`s history and what he has given in his years time of knowlege, and about the 2 opinions it is still a negotiation at least in egypt in the azhar. Any way the conclusion is meant to be that there is no problem in praying in a mosque that has a grave in it and now at least in my country the area where a person is buried in amosque is completely in a different room and not in the mosque it self. The shaikh shaarawis knowelege has preceded all our knoweleges and i am honoured to take his teachings even if no one thinks there right or in some cases making a big deal of 2 issues and then trying to state that his teachings where mutaswefa and that is not true i am afraid. the reason i wasnt replying is that i was sleeping and now i am awake.

I think a lot of the problems on Earth are simply man-made problems. for exampe I believe the problems in Africa with its extreme poverty are man-made.I think that through Europes absolute control and colonization is really what contributed to Africas problems. just Imagine if the UK and France were to take control and used up all of Arab oil since the beginning, Arabs would definitely be living in poverty and they would not have any money to build a decent society. Im sure Allah SWT Wants all of us to have decent lives, but through human greed and pride we have allowed more than 870 million people to go hungry!
All the problems on earth are man made thats a fact since god have said that in the quran, Since the arab world have some stuff that is not accepted in our religion, like the selling of alcohol in egypt and some other countries is a cause of corruption, and if you say that selling this is wrong they will say we have too, the fact is thats exactly what people said when god denied entry for non muslims in makkah, and they said our business will not work without them, so god told them if you fear lack of money god will enrich you from his own. so if we use the same way in selling alcohol then god will enrich us from his own and not in a way we know, the point is man made problems are the major cause of corruption.