__

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Bro the word entertainment is a contradiction in Islam. Muslims are not here to entertain themselves but seriously work towards attaining Paradise.

The best entertainment , if you can call it that. is learning about Islam reading the Qur'an and the Hadiths and the Seera of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Precious Star

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Bro the word entertainment is a contradiction in Islam. Muslims are not here to entertain themselves but seriously work towards attaining Paradise.

The best entertainment , if you can call it that. is learning about Islam reading the Qur'an and the Hadiths and the Seera of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).
r

Of course we are allowed to engage in entertaining endeavours. Entertainment just means activities that are enjoyable and keep us happy. We can be entertained by children and their antics. We can be entertained by a good book. We can be entertained by participating in a group activity with friends, or just chatting and laughing with friends. Movies are entertaining. I'm not saying a p**** flick is permissible in Islam, but there are many movies that are acceptable.

Life isn't meant to be serious all the time. We are allowed to smile, laugh, and make our eyes sparkle.

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D
Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

What we can do to entertain ourselves?
How do you entertain yourself, what do you find entertaining?

Walaikum as salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

If you mean hobbies, I love spending quality time with my friends. I love to go anywhere near the ocean, its so peaceful. Anddd I like to play/try to play any sports. Sports are especially fun to play with my bros and sis. I just love the whole jumping/running around and adrenaline rush.

How about you?

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

We are teached to consider moderation in our life and a muslim can have free time to use it for different activities, like reading books (but choose them wisely), practice some sport, visit places, have dinners with friends, play with his kids, care for environment, care for animals etc.
Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The deen is easy. Anyone who makes the deen too hard on himself will find it becomes too much for him. So aim for what is right, follow a middle path, accept the good news of the reward for right action, and seek help [to reach your goal by being constant in worshipping] in the morning, evening and some of the night."[al-Bukhari]

And pay attention also to not fall in traps : Prophet
icon--1.gif
said: “The slave will not go forward on the Day of Judgment until he is asked four questions: about his age and how he spent it, about his youth and how he used it, about his wealth and how he acquired it and spent it, and about his knowledge and what he did with it.”

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

A lot of things ! Just make sure you can keep it within the confines of what is allowed in Islam.

hopintobelucky

I like to watch some episodes of a korean variety show called running man. It is quite clean and consists of a lot of laughs. The team players are absolutely hilarious! I hope its not too bad to watch it, nothing too bad in it~

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
You can entertain yourself with anything and everything as long as you don't cross the limits which Allah and His messenger(PBUH) have set.
You can do sports , go on a picnic, make family gatherings , sit with your friends on a study circle, etc etc
Always remember no matter what you do , you never follow the footsteps of shaitaan
When I read your question the first thing which came into my mind was that Hadeeth where Prophet (PBUH) joined Aysha (Radh) when she wanted to watch a show !
I can remember on which book it was recorded,
If anyone could find that hadeeth , and paste it here; that would be nice Insha Allah

In this video Brother Abdel Rahman explains that hadeeth , for the time being go through this until someone come up with the hadeeth along with the reference Insha Allah
(The title seems off the topic, still the content is relevant to your question)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

What we can do to entertain ourselves?
How do you entertain yourself, what do you find entertaining?
Wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakaatuh.

Make new friends, in sha Allah. By Allah time will fly if you are around guys with good and clean sense of humour. Just make sure you don't engage in back biting.

Or Learn new things that keep your brain cells busy.