A Cockroach crawled in to my pants while at Fajr prayer!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
..I'm trying to think of making some remark or comment to this highly interesting story, but I'm just speechless. How could he ever concentrate in his prayers when the lizard was wriggling around his pocket, probably trying to nibble a hole in it to get free, etc..

:salam2:

I think he wanted everyone else to have a peace of mind while praying. So he took it upon himself to bear the consequence of a lizard trying to get out of his pocket while he was praying.. May Allah reward him for his good intention. Ameen.

And I don't think a lizard can nibble a hole through. It can just very restless in a confined place. So yea, I would say his concentration would have been affected to a certain extent.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
and also I am not afraid of cockraoches and to tell you the truth I love bugs. not because they smell good, its awful, but if you look at their structures their anatomy their body parts, its so amazing that they have various functions as though they are very complex biological machines and indeed it is!. It reminds me of Allah's creative power and I enjoy learning about them. BUT THAT DEFINITELY EXCLUDES GETTING INSIDE MY PANTS!
well yeah but they are real itchy!!the legs all covered with bristles and hairs.that's what amazes me.how can you stand still with those things itching you:confused:..

mashallah and my mother thinks i'm the only one collecting bugs:cockroaches,butterflies,prying mantis,scorpian...the last one was killed:(

stargazer

Clear Skies!
..I'm trying to think of making some remark or comment to this highly interesting story, but I'm just speechless. How could he ever concentrate in his prayers when the lizard was wriggling around his pocket, probably trying to nibble a hole in it to get free, etc..

That brother must have had some real guts. I admire his processing speed. As soon as he saw it, he knew what that means, and what to do. I mean he caught it, confined it in his pocket until the prayer is finshed and released it. Thats some real fast thinking.

stargazer

Clear Skies!
well yeah but they are real itchy!!the legs all covered with bristles and hairs.that's what amazes me.how can you stand still with those things itching you:confused:..

mashallah and my mother thinks i'm the only one collecting bugs:cockroaches,butterflies,prying mantis,scorpian...the last one was killed:(

It did itch. Real bad, but Alhamdhulillah I managed to stay still. You know the cockroaches can withstand an awful amount of torturing and stomping on your feet. You have to be very tough to beat these guys.

You must love your hobby. Its real fun isn't it.

let your masjid know that they should use chalk. a roach will not cross chalk, I was told by a vietnamese person.

it is not as bad as the time a young boy about 6 or 7, was with his grandfather in the front row and I was behind them. The boy, (shy and scared) started urinating in his pants in the spot near where my head would meet the ground in sajood.

luckily I was able to make sajda in a tight constricted fashion.

we cheered up the boy after wards as he was crying and scared.

:wasalam:

abu'muhammad

I think he wanted everyone else to have a peace of mind while praying. So he took it upon himself to bear the consequence of a lizard trying to get out of his pocket while he was praying.. May Allah reward him for his good intention. Ameen.

And I don't think a lizard can nibble a hole through. It can just very restless in a confined place. So yea, I would say his concentration would have been affected to a certain extent.

Assalaamu alaykum,

That is appreciative. With a curiosity element here I suppose that action is invalid in salaat. Did he prayed again akhi, if so or that’s ok ? If there is any fatwa or ruling over this please do quote that, inshaAllaah so that we all may have benefit of that. jazaakAllaahu khayran brother for sharing.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
it is not as bad as the time a young boy about 6 or 7, was with his grandfather in the front row and I was behind them. The boy, (shy and scared) started urinating in his pants in the spot near where my head would meet the ground in sajood.

:wasalam:

err akhi,no way...
rofl.gif

It did itch. Real bad, but Alhamdhulillah I managed to stay still. You know the cockroaches can withstand an awful amount of torturing and stomping on your feet. You have to be very tough to beat these guys.

You must love your hobby. Its real fun isn't it.

got no wrords but to say masha'ALLAH.yeah i know,i had one with intentions of living on my neckbut i couldn't comply.it was too itchy.i don't kno what came to me i caught it and started counting it's abdomenal segments when my mom started screaming at me!!

best was the my prying mantis(i'm fond of green)and lime butterfly.it was such a sweet lil egg,then a fat green worm and finally a BUTTTTIFLLY:)!!it was nice feeling to have her walk on my hand before her wings dried up and flew away.
and the most trilling was the scorpian:D!!

i do love it except that sometimes i'm jumpy,once i overcome that it's fun!!

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
to stargazer

mashallah i cant believe you didnt even make a sign and no one saw or could tell what happened to you. no attention. this is great and big reward for you inshallah.

if this was me, i would have probably made the biggest scean out of it and everyone not just some worshippers, everyone, would have stopped their prayer to help me. well, im a female but im saying if this happened to me and i was in your situation, for sure i would not help myself and i would cry for help.

i hate insects and spiders. they give me goosebumps sometimes i can vomit if someone killed it infront of me and it made that crunchy noise. yaaak.

my husband knows that if there is an spider he has to kill and im present. he just has to say 'close your eyes and block your ears and sing' i would know exactly whats going to happen.

before my husband knew this of me, one night we were sitting down, i didnt see the cockroach but my husband did and decided to hit it without telling me or warning me and when i heard that crunchy noise, i screamed and got goosebumps and almost vomited, i was sick in the stomach for 2 hours, if i vomited i would have felt better. thats when i told my husband about how i feel when a spider is killed or i hear it being killed.
the next day, i was eating a crunchy chocolate bar, my husband said he hates this chocloate bar because of the crunchy noise it makes. then i started to be silly and make it crunch harder, he then said, it sounds like the cockroachi hit yesterday. i stopped and stop till now eating crunchy bar and i do not like anything crunchy. yaak.

this is probably way out of the topic but i wish i knew why the crunchy noise of a spider kills me hearing it being killed and plus, you could image what would have happened if this happened to me. so well done for keeping your cool. what you should do next time, my advice is, TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! lol.

elysetexel

I must say your story is the best, and you have a good emaan for staying on your place.

But when I pray my cats want to cuddle and when I do Tashahud they give heads to my finger. It's so cute but I try to pray on.

Salaam everyone and Eid mubarak

Peaceful661

Once i was praying asar prayer and suddenly a baby lizard got in the pants of the man standing next to me, the imam had just begun the prayer so i hadn't started my prayer.lol

Michelle_A

Just reading this made me start to get itchy all over. eew, I don't know what I would do if it was ever me. It shows great strength to have been able to cope as long as you did.