A muslim's Concern

revert2007

Love Fishing

rayray

...I wonder why that is...maybe it's just because majority of Malaysians are Muslims?

...By saying that majority of HIV/ AIDS sufferers are Muslims, it's as if the council is implying that there is a correlation between being Muslim and tendency to have HIV/ AIDS....but is it?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'laykum wa rahmatullah,

More than 70% of AIDS/HIV sufferers in Malaysia are Muslims: AIDS Council

The word "Muslims" above should be replace with "Malays". We have various ethnicity here in Malaysia such as Malays, Chinese and Indians. And what is miserably sad is most of the crimes : abandoning babies, drugs, thefts, and AIDS/HIV will usually involve MALAYS as the majority of population.

This was actually in the newspaper last weekend in Berita Harian. So the question is WHY with the Malays? The answer (taken from the article) is lack or incomplete of education especially education which starts at home. Or we can also said lack of tarbiyyah which eventually leads the teens to do anything they want, without being fear of the punishments and wrath from Allaah. Wa iyyathobillahi minthalik. May Allaah protect our children from such things. To be honest, everytime if one is known to be a Malay, automatically everyone will think he/she is a Muslim. But like any other part of the world, and because now is at the near end of this world, there are lots of Muslims by name than true, pious Muslims. But of course, Allaah is The Best Judge so Im not in to judge anyone here.

I wouldnt say much on this as this is what I am facing in my community every single day. One thing I've always believe, if the parents tried hard to bring up the children properly, with enough Islamic education, creating bia'ah solehaah at home and acknowledging them on what is Haram and Halal, inshaAllaah they will come out as a good human being, a humble a'bdu to Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala and be among the pious son/daughter whose dua'a will still be heard by Allaah even after the demise of their parents.

May Allaah protect us and our future generations from the fitnah of this world. Ameen Ya Rabb al-Alameen.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

revert2007

Love Fishing

The word "Muslims" above should be replace with "Malays". We have various ethnicity here in Malaysia such as Malays, Chinese and Indians. And what is miserably sad is most of the crimes : abandoning babies, drugs, thefts, and AIDS/HIV will usually involve MALAYS as the majority of population.

This was actually in the newspaper last weekend in Berita Harian. So the question is WHY with the Malays? The answer (taken from the article) is lack or incomplete of education especially education which starts at home. Or we can also said lack of tarbiyyah which eventually leads the teens to do anything they want, without being fear of the punishments and wrath from Allaah. Wa iyyathobillahi minthalik. May Allaah protect our children from such things. To be honest, everytime if one is known to be a Malay, automatically everyone will think he/she is a Muslim. But like any other part of the world, and because now is at the near end of this world, there are lots of Muslims by name than true, pious Muslims. But of course, Allaah is The Best Judge so Im not in to judge anyone here.

I wouldnt say much on this as this is what I am facing in my community every single day. One thing I've always believe, if the parents tried hard to bring up the children properly, with enough Islamic education, creating bia'ah solehaah at home and acknowledging them on what is Haram and Halal, inshaAllaah they will come out as a good human being, a humble a'bdu to Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala and be among the pious son/daughter whose dua'a will still be heard by Allaah even after the demise of their parents.

May Allaah protect us and our future generations from the fitnah of this world. Ameen Ya Rabb al-Alameen.

I agree...

kayleigh

Yes, it is a high population of Muslims because Muslims make up the majority of Malaysia. However, I don't think the fact that they're Muslim should be ignored. Some Muslims ignore the issue of HIV/AIDS because they think it won't happen to Muslims... and that isn't reality. as a result, brothers and sisters with HIV/AIDS feel abandoned because they have no real support for it in the community, and often times they are judged instead, like "oh you must be a bad muslim because you were promiscuous/did drugs/whatever".

sistersalina

I agree with you. I don't understand why they have to mention the word MUSLIMS though. Is that really necessary?

Allah knows best.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

first of all I am also feeling bad as i can see the topic MUSLIM:angryblue::angryblue:

hmmmmm..... i recently got a mail regarding aids and i think it will be better if i share it here.....

here it is.... go through it

Dear All,
It's in INDIA - Karnataka - Bangalore

A 10 year old boy, had eaten pineapple about 15 days back, and fell
sick, from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his Health check
done......
doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS.

His parents couldn't believe it...Then the entire family under went a
checkup... none of them suffered from Aids. So the doctors checked again
with the boy if he had eaten out....The boy said 'yes'. He had pineapple
that evening. Immediately a group from the hospital went to the
pineapple vendor to check.

They found the pineapple seller had a cut on his finger while cutting
the pineapple; his blood had spread into the fruit.

When they had his blood checked...the guy was suffering from AIDS...but
he himself was NOT aware. Unfortunately the boy is suffering from it
now.

Please take care while u eat on the road side (particularly tasty vada
pav & Paani Puri) and pls fwd this mail to your dear one's..

PEOPLE TAKE CARE

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL TO ALL THE PERSONS YOU KNOW AS YOUR MESSAGE MAY
SAVE ONE'S LIFE !!!!!

rayray

first of all I am also feeling bad as i can see the topic MUSLIM:angryblue::angryblue:

hmmmmm..... i recently got a mail regarding aids and i think it will be better if i share it here.....

here it is.... go through it

Dear All,
It's in INDIA - Karnataka - Bangalore

A 10 year old boy, had eaten pineapple about 15 days back, and fell
sick, from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his Health check
done......
doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS.

His parents couldn't believe it...Then the entire family under went a
checkup... none of them suffered from Aids. So the doctors checked again
with the boy if he had eaten out....The boy said 'yes'. He had pineapple
that evening. Immediately a group from the hospital went to the
pineapple vendor to check.

They found the pineapple seller had a cut on his finger while cutting
the pineapple; his blood had spread into the fruit.

When they had his blood checked...the guy was suffering from AIDS...but
he himself was NOT aware. Unfortunately the boy is suffering from it
now.

Please take care while u eat on the road side (particularly tasty vada
pav & Paani Puri) and pls fwd this mail to your dear one's..

PEOPLE TAKE CARE

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL TO ALL THE PERSONS YOU KNOW AS YOUR MESSAGE MAY
SAVE ONE'S LIFE !!!!!

I think that's...inaccurate...

HIV is found in blood and other body fluids such as semen and vaginal fluids. It cannot live for long outside the body, so to be infected with HIV you need to allow some body fluid from an infected person to get inside your body. The virus can enter the body via contact with the bloodstream or by passing through delicate mucous membranes, such as inside the vagina, rectum or urethra.

The most common ways that people become infected with HIV are:

having sexual intercourse with an infected partner.
injecting drugs using a needle or syringe that has been used by someone who is infected.
as a baby of an infected mother, during pregnancy, labour or delivery, or through breastfeeding.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Salam everyone. Just wanted to share this news with you guys. Since its regarding our brothers and sisters. Following is the link

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/6/9/nation/20100609151422&sec=nation

This is so sad. It's the same even in Singapore :(

Hope things will change. May Allah bless us all always...
Wassalam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:

Thank you for the posting sister i understand that you are concern so do i BUT i have to make some Correction about your quote that This is so sad. It's the same even in Singapore :(

The Majority of Aid sufferer in Singapore are coming from the non muslim Chinese.

Aids can be transmitted in many ways like contacting of sufferer open wound,sharing needle(Injection) like the drug addict often and many other beside intercourse so be very very careful!!!
And i understand the rise in Malaysia for this is due to among the many reason stated cause i have read and come across about this in local newpaper more to sharing needle.
:astag:

Please visit:http://www.tip2000.com/health/aids.asp

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)