A question concerning a surah in the Quran

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum :) Inshallah everyone is in the best of health and imaan.

I have a question concerning Surah 31 Luqman in verse 10.
(Yusuf Ali translation)

10 "He created the heavens without any pillars that you can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs."

What does Allah swt mean by this?
Is it the animals like male and female?
Because I came upon this information (see below) and it got me rather confused :(

"Some species of North American whiptails and European lacertid lizards have only female individuals; adult females lay unfertilized eggs that hatch only into females." reference

My mate was on about it the other day, that these are the only things in nature that are "homo" lol - and then I came upon the verse which said everything is in pairs :S

This question perhaps might be weird, stupid and straight up silly :) but hey I don't like being confused - and you guys are the only friends I got to clear it up :)

mhamzah

Hope this helps

:salam2:

There is another verse as well.

Surah 51 verse 49 states that... 'Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge.'

This is a misunderstanding of the meaning "pairs" or zawjain. It's meaning is very broad, and includes opposites.

Ibn Kathir says: all are created in pairs, the heaven and earth, light and darnkess, faith and disbelief, death and lfe, misery and hapinness, paradise and fire, in addition to the animals and plants.

We could add sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction.

And of course Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
We know that the miracles of Allah swt are endless... Or at least can't all be comprehended in this lifetime. Scientists can only make so many discoveries and just because they've found this only to be a female lizard doesn't mean the male doesn't exist. :)

Just a thought :D

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
:salam2:

There is another verse as well.

Surah 51 verse 49 states that... 'Glory to Allah, Who created in pairs all things that the earth produces, as well as their own (human) kind and (other) things of which they have no knowledge.'

This is a misunderstanding of the meaning "pairs" or zawjain. It's meaning is very broad, and includes opposites.

Ibn Kathir says: all are created in pairs, the heaven and earth, light and darnkess, faith and disbelief, death and lfe, misery and hapinness, paradise and fire, in addition to the animals and plants.

We could add sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction.

And of course Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Walaikumasalam lol I totally forgot about ASEXUAL-REPRODUCTION :( :SMILY346::SMILY346::SMILY346:
Jazakallah khair for the answer bro :D

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
We know that the miracles of Allah swt are endless... Or at least can't all be comprehended in this lifetime. Scientists can only make so many discoveries and just because they've found this only to be a female lizard doesn't mean the male doesn't exist. :)

Just a thought :D

Assalamualaikum
LOL :) Jazakallah for the reply sis

May Allah swt keep you both (Summer03 + mhamzah) strong in imaan and in health :)

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Translation is not very good. The last part of the verse refers to the earth and what happens when rain water falls on it. It says, "and We caused plants of every noble pair to grow in it." (31:10) Lizards did not spring out of the earth's soil. The article does not explain how these lizards conceive eggs.

Besides, the verse does not exclude creating creatures of one gender! When I say to you, "I have every hard-cover book in my library." Would you conclude that I do not have any paperbacks?

Muhammad Qutb, Barak-Allaahu Feeh, published a book called, "They will not come up with anything like it" (La Ya'toona bi Mithlih). "In this book, he talks about the atom being made of pairs of micro particles each with its own polarity." He concludes that this confirms God's statement, "And of everything We created two pairs!" (51:49)

Assalamualaikum brother, Jazakallah khair for the very informative answer :D :D
May Allah reward you with good health and strong imaan :)