A response from a detainee

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

As many of you may know I have started to communicate with Dr. Sami Al-Arian. For those who need background information please go to www.freesamialarian.com. It is worth your while.

I am printing part of his letter to me. It is important for our youth. I pray this touches your hearts:

....We're more encouraged today than we've been for the last 6 years that more of our Muslim brothers and sisters ( actually more sisters than brothers) are willing to stand up and speak out.
Many communities in this country have faced challenges and discriminations. But they were able to overcome these challenges through their common resistance and willingness to fightback. The Muslim and Arab communities are no exceptions.
Unfortunatley, many of our fellow Muslims have been too afraid and too timid to stand up for thier rights and face teh heat that comes with it. But, I feel the tide is turning and that more of our youth are now willing to take a stand. This is the Prophet's way. He did not back down in the face of tyranny and injustice. We should be mindful that our struggle in this country is not only for our constitutional, civil and human rights but also a religious struggle. Meaning that the forces of evil and darkness want Muslim Americans to be devoid of their faith. Hence, we can only win this struggle if we stay strong and steadfast to our faith and resolved to adhere ot our prinicples..."''

My sweet brothers and sisters our brother has handed you the batton to work within a system and fight for justice for all human beings.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

JazakAllah khair sister for posting this up.
May Allah bless Sami Alarian and his family and grant them jannah...
Im going to read more about him....inshAllah
He is a role model for our youths and his story , alhamdulilah, has spur me on even further...

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

May Allah (swt) reward you for brining this to our attention.

All I can say is La hola wa la qowata ila billah.

I've read his case, and I was really shocked by the evidences they provided to the jury. For instance ''In one particularly bizarre instance, the prosecutors presented as evidence a conversation a co-defendant had with my father in a dream.'' Unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having read his biography and his case, Dr. Sami was a great contributor to the society via events and speeches ect. Subhanallah, if he was an advocate and important individual to the soceity and detained 'innocently' that way, and suffered so much despite his good deeds within the community and internationally, I can only say may Allah (swt) help him and the rest of the detainnes who are innocent and unrepresented.

If a dream is an evidence that can add up weight to an individual sentence, then the whole ummah would be behind bars.. Pathetic..

May Allah (swt) remove his shackles...

Wassalamu Alykom..