A Serious Matter - Please Answer!!!

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I'm going to tell you a story about my grandmother who is a beautiful person and has been through a very tough time lately. This is a heartbreaking story... A few years ago my grandmother was diagnosed with uterine cancer. It was a very tough and stressful time for my grandmother, myself and my family. Masha'Allah through all the tough times with chemotherapy etc, my grandmother underwent surgery and the cancer was removed. She was free of this terrible cancer and getting back to her normal life...

However, the doctors said if it came back it would be a much tougher task to remove it again. To my deep sadness the cancer came back. :SMILY23: This time it was located in a different place than the previous cancer she had the first time. This time the doctor's said they could not remove the cancer because it was in a position where it isn't possible to remove it. For the past year and a half she has had chemotherapy, been to hospital many times and had all these other examinations.

Today we got the very dreadful news that the cancer has now spread into her blood and the future for her isn't very promising. It looks that it is only a matter of time when she will pass away. She is such a beautiful person that is so caring and respectful to others. Recently I have been thinking of giving her a copy of the Qur'an for her to read or somehow promote Islam to her because she definitely deserves Jannah (Paradise). She is a Catholic and I would like her to embrace Islam so she can feel the happiness and joy of this beautiful religion for the time she has left in this world. Plus I'm worried that she won't be given Jannah because she is a religion other than of Islam. I really don't know how to approach this... Please, I seriously need help brothers and sisters. I'm very upset writing this. My heart is broken. :SMILY23: :SMILY23: :SMILY23: Please make dua for her and keep her in your prayers. I hope Allah rewards her with Jannah. Ameen.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters. I'm going to tell you a story about my grandmother who is a beautiful person and has been through a very tough time lately. This is a heartbreaking story... A few years ago my grandmother was diagnosed with uterine cancer. It was a very tough and stressful time for my grandmother, myself and my family. Masha'Allah through all the tough times with chemotherapy etc, my grandmother underwent surgery and the cancer was removed. She was free of this terrible cancer and getting back to her normal life...

However, the doctors said if it came back it would be a much tougher task to remove it again. To my deep sadness the cancer came back. :SMILY23: This time it was located in a different place than the previous cancer she had the first time. This time the doctor's said they could not remove the cancer because it was in a position where it isn't possible to remove it. For the past year and a half she has had chemotherapy, been to hospital many times and had all these other examinations.

Today we got the very dreadful news that the cancer has now spread into her blood and the future for her isn't very promising. It looks that it is only a matter of time when she will pass away. She is such a beautiful person that is so caring and respectful to others. Recently I have been thinking of giving her a copy of the Qur'an for her to read or somehow promote Islam to her because she definitely deserves Jannah (Paradise). She is a Catholic and I would like her to embrace Islam so she can feel the happiness and joy of this beautiful religion for the time she has left in this world. Plus I'm worried that she won't be given Jannah because she is a religion other than of Islam. I really don't know how to approach this... Please, I seriously need help brothers and sisters. I'm very upset writing this. My heart is broken. :SMILY23: :SMILY23: :SMILY23: Please make dua for her and keep her in your prayers. I hope Allah rewards her with Jannah. Ameen.

walaikum isalam ..dear sister,,,my heart feels for ouy ..and what your going through

my grandmother the dearest person to me passed from this world,,,while not a muslim..i tired to tell her about islam but she was past 85 when i beame muslim..really late in life to c onvince someone,,, its one of my deepest regrets,,

i really hope someone here an advoxe you becasue its a very diffiult and heartbreaking situation ,,,

all ian say now is to pray for help to find the way

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum,

I have the same feeling about my grandparents that died recently...good people and with fear of God...but Christians...when i read this ayah i was thinking about them Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. S. 2:62, maybe there is hope for people that never get to know islam, but are included in the conditions above for a less tormented afterlife... ?....:shymuslima1:

rahman2040

Assalam

Brother approach her directly when she is alone. and start conversation by asking questions of her faith. then it will be easy to put forth the history of Humanity before her. surely she will understand.
May Allah guide her.

lovefordeen

wa'alaikum assalaam

wa'alikum assalaamu wa rahmathulahi wa barakathuhu

first let me congratulate you on understanding the deen and becoming a muslim without being born into a muslim family..maha'allah..its a great achievement indeed..
may Allah swt bless you and make you steadfast in your deen..ameen

i understand how it feels when a close relative goes through so much pain....

im so glad that you and esperanza tried to revert your grandmothers..that's true love...many of us would want our loved ones to acheive in this duniya forgetting their hereafter...
may Allah make all of us like you both in this aspect..ameen..

try to begin by telling your grandmother about the similarities between islam and christianity...tell her that muslims also believe in the prophethood of isa(as)...tell her that muhammed (saws)was sent to mankind after isa(as) and that he is the last and final messenger of God...tell her that the bible foretells the arrival of muhammed saws

i'm attaching three videos(parts1,2 and 3) about zakir naik on "(muhammed saws foretold in the torah and bible)"..

insha'allah the videos might help

http://youtu.be/n2NZqrJ3AKg

http://youtu.be/orPqlRnXBQU

http://youtu.be/x-s3WAx47-g

perhaps you can pick points form the videos and mention it to her ;or show her the video(it is possible for her to see) insha'allah

keep making duas for her..and donnot stop trying to make her accept islam..remind her of jannat and jahannam ...

tell her that Allah says“...The only religion in the sight of God is Islam...” (Quran 3:19)

and tell her that once one reverts to islam purely for the pleasure of Allah,Allah swt forgives all previous sins..Allah is the kindest...

muhammed( saws) said:
“Do you not know that accepting Islam destroys all sins which come before it?” (Saheeh Muslim)

if she accept,try to make her say the shahada (with sincerity and conviction)...please dont stop trying

our beloved prophet muhammed(saws) tried to make his uncle abu talib become a muslim till abu talib died..

i'll make dua' for her insha'allah ..

:jazaak:

a_stranger

Try to explain to her meaning of tawheed in the best way you can. I pray that Allah open her heart to the truth.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamua llaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

May Allah cure your beloved grandmother dear brother and help you to advice her on the best way about Islam and that with help of Allah she say only Shahadaah before her death" Ashadu ann la Illaha IlAllah, wa ashadu anna Muhammedun Abduhu Resullahi", because if she die without Shahadah in her heart and without beliving in One God- Allah and our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam, she will die as unbeliver.

Inshallah dear brother you should read her Quran on both Arabic language and on translation so that you grandmother can understand the meaning of Quran,and maybe after listening, and thinking about words of Allah,she may say Shahadah and accept Islam.

Inshallah I will keep her in my duas brother. :tti_sister:

May Allah help her and your family. Ameen.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Brother do a lots of Du'a, and try to talk her in a good time for both. Treat her the best you can, and tell her that you wish her nothing but the BEST. Then when you feel she is ready to hear, tell her that there is ONLY ONE God who can heal her. Tell her about Allah, and the condition of accepting her by Him. (I meant worship Him alone). etc

May Allah help you and guide her. Ameen!

If you go to Sheikh Nazim al-Haqqani and become blessed then Allah may forgive your ancestors up to 7 generations inshaAllah.

Prophet Noah ('alaihissalam) received direct Revelation (Wahy) from Allah, and he was a Prophet. However, he could not save his disbelieved son from Hell Fire.

Who is Nazim al-Haqqani and who is Noah ('alaihissalam)???

Be aware of what you speak my dear brother.

Allah says in the Noble Quran, in Surah al-Isra, Verse 36, "And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart - about all those [one] will be questioned."

May Allah guide us all, and keep us steadfast in His Deen! Ameen!

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamua llaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

May Allah cure your beloved grandmother dear brother and help you to advice her on the best way about Islam and that with help of Allah she say only Shahadaah before her death" Ashadu ann la Illaha IlAllah, wa ashadu anna Muhammedun Abduhu Resullahi", because if she die without Shahadah in her heart and without beliving in One God- Allah and our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam, she will die as unbeliver.

Inshallah dear brother you should read her Quran on both Arabic language and on translation so that you grandmother can understand the meaning of Quran,and maybe after listening, and thinking about words of Allah,she may say Shahadah and accept Islam.

Inshallah I will keep her in my duas brother. :tti_sister:

May Allah help her and your family. Ameen.

:wasalam:
Thank you sister and everyone else who has contributed. I greatly appreciate it. At the moment I have given my grandmother a slideshow that is about the similarities between Islam and Christianity. I'm sure she will see the light from this, Insha'Allah. I'll continue my best in trying to make her see that Islam is the truth. I'll update here with the latest. Thank you all once again. :)

World Peace

Islam is Light
Asalam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato brother ATA95

I pray that Allah enlighten your grandmother's heart, and guide her to Islam.

Continue to serve your grandmother to the best of your ability, while facing all hardships with patience. Visit your grandmother, and give her support and care. And continue to make du`aa’ for her too.

Allah guides to His deen whom He wills. For Islam to enter the heart of another is not directly a factor of our efforts, but by Allah. We can only try to work for a person’s change of heart. In all da’wah efforts, our niyyah (intention) should be to get Allah’s pleasure, by working for a change for the better in the person we address (1) (2).

Put your trust in Allah and try your best to give your grandmother a good understanding of Islam. In calling to Islam, Allah Almighty says,
Let there be no compulsion in religion…” (The Holy Quran, Al-Baqarah: 256)

And:

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.”(The Holy Quran, An-Nahl 16:125).

Be gentle with her, and allow her to reflect upon information. Show her the mercy and qualities of true believers in words and actions, your character may draw her to Islam.

There is no more sure way of appealing to hearts than by connecting them to the Holy Qur'an.

You may read to hear i.e chapter Mary.

The following articles/booklet may be of help to you, it may provide her better understanding. You may like to start with them.

The Story of Adam
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1190/viewall/

Regarding "The Original Sin"
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/13/viewall/

The Historical Fallacy of Atonement
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/629/viewall/

Jesus son (of Mary) peace be upon them
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/1412/viewall/

The booklet called "My Great Love for Jesus Led Me to Islam" by Simon Alfredo Caraballo is highly recommended. You can order this book free from the following link:
http://www.islamunveiled.org/eng/modules.php?name=free_books
-------------

The Bible Denies the Divinity of Jesus (peace be upon him)
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/662/viewall/

Is Jesus God?
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/35/viewall/
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/560/

Video
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77891
-----------------

The Truth is One
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/8/viewall

The True Religion: Which is the True Religion of God?
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/448/viewall

Prophet Jesus and Mohammad (peace be upon them) in the Holy Quran and previous scriptures
http://theradiantlight.blogspot.com/2009/12/common-questions-asked-and-their.html

Wasalam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato

--------------------------------------
(1) Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, onislam.net
(2) Shahul Hameed, onislam.net

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Update

Recently my grandmother's condition has worsened unfortunately. They have to give her drugs that kill the pain but that has side effects which make her drowsy and weak. I saw her today in this condition. She was out of it as she would talk about something then slowly trail off and fall asleep then come back to waking up again. It's so saddening. She can't even concentrate for a few minutes. My cousin and I couldn't help but cry when visiting her today.

It's hard for her to stay focused and it makes me think that how am I going to show her Islam when she can't concentrate and is in a bad state. She has such a strong heart and soul. She has never complained about her condition and is usually very patient and calm. I have been praying for her a lot in Salah that she'd be cure from this cancer and live many more happy years before going to Jannah. Despite her being Christian (Church of England) she is such a good person. It looks like that I won't be able to show her Islam due to her state. Before getting cancer she would always look after myself and my cousins and help the family out a lot. I can only hope in the mercy of Allah (SWT) that he will answer my prayers. It's just so tough, please give me help on what I can do.

a_stranger

:salam2:

Recite verses from Quran near her, pray to Allah to open her heart for the truth, say la ellah Ella Allah Muhammad rasool Allah in a soft voice near her. I pray that Allah subhanahu guide her heart . Be as gentle as you can when presenting Islam .

K-A-K

Salam Brother.

I am sorry that your grandmother is going through such pain. i can relate.. my grandmother is in so much agony too, not because of cancer, but due to her old age, and her sufferings that life challenged her with. But God be with them.. and ease their pains, ameen.

Look, you can't jump her with so much knowledge. She is old... She'll get confused. So how about you just tell her that your Book talks about One God, and we all stem from Abraham pbuh.

And then tell her what if God were to destroy Jesus pbuh and his family? As God says in the Quran... who can stop Him? We should seek the source and not the individuals.

Just little bit of knowledge. And maybe how dreadful is that that we lie against God and His Dignity... Just little little things..

I hope She passes away as a person loved by God, ameen.

Best wishes.

MuslimShadow

i'm sorry to say but sometimes it happens...........

when she is at deathbed ask her if she wants to say the shahada......she might agree.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

May Allah grant you peace. Please pray for strength.

As this is a very serious matter for you..please talk to an imam. What we say is limited. We are not scholars. We know the depth of this issue.

Keep vigilant in your dua. Dua is what can change circumstances and we will make dua for you. Believe in the power of dua 100%.

Please keep us informed as you are not alone.

esperanza

revert of many years
salam brother

i know this is so hard for yu as you care so deeply for your graNDMOTHER iunderstand how you feel ..iwas very lose to my grandmother,,,and until now it saddens me that iwas not able to onvince her to become muslim before she passed away

she was in her eighties when i became muslim ,and at this age is very hard to onvine someone who lived all thier life that wya

but oyu cano only try your best ,by talking to her gently and quietly ,and even she does not respond,you do not know what is happening in her heart

be strong and faithful brother,and inshallah tings happen as you hope for

you an only pray and aks Allah to guide oyu