A sister in need of photographic help

eli.

Hey Salam brothers and sisters
Not long ago I decided to convert to islam and I've been dreaming to relate one of my school proyects to islam, finally I got a chanse in my photograhy class ( am not sure if taking pictures is haram or not either way if it is please not lecture me on how bad this is since I already picked the subject and I need to complete it in order to finish my studies)
We were told to pick a subject, and I tought I would pick backbiting
I thought it was a nice idea, pick some models represent some saying on the quran about backbiting. A few minutes later I remember the most important thing I don't know quran/ scholars sayings about backbiting and here's when I can use your help.
My idea is simple take a quote/saying/quotation/etc and translade it to a picture, this will either be done by models or by stuff I will determine later.
Your help comes now:
I need as many quotations as you can give me for the pictures
deadline: TOMORROW ( some of them are due tuesday morning) I will keep collecting as much as I can but I need them ASAP
So brothers and sisters have a great ramadan and please help me :D:ma:

kiki18

¡Vosotros que creéis! Abandonad muchas de las suposiciones.Es cierto que algunas de ellas son delito. Y no os espiéis unos a otros ni habléis mal de otros cuando no estén presentes.¿Acaso le gustaría a uno de vosotros comer la carne de su hermano muerto? Os resultaría horrible.Y temed a Allah pues realmente Allah acepta a quien se vuelve a Él y es Compasivo.

(al-hujraat,12)

O ye who believe! avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other, nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it...but fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

hope it helps sister :)

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

I am glad to hear of your conversion MashaAllah the only quotation i know and remember that has backbiting mentioned in it is the ayah posted above sorry i am not of much help I hope you all the best in your studies and hope it all comes together and serves as dawah :ma:

Ramadan karim :hearts:

eli.

THanks brothers and sister I lvoe that's in spanish thanks a lot that's kind og what I was looking for since on the photoshoot I will represent it literally like people eating people zombie like I promise I am not weird lol seriously and thanks

kiki18

Esos que dan en los momentos de desahogo y en los de estrechez, refrenan la ira y perdonan a los hombres. Allah ama a los que hacen el bien.
3:134

Responde a la maldad de la mejor manera. Nosotros sabemos mejor lo que atribuyen.
23:96

¡Vosotros que creéis! Es cierto que entre vuestras esposas e hijos hay enemigos para vosotros*, guardaos de ellos.Pero si sois indulgentes, pasáis por alto y perdonáis... Es verdad que Allah es Perdonador y Compasivo.
64:14
Los que no prestan atención a la mentira y cuando pasan junto a la frivolidad lo hacen con nobleza
25:72

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salam alikom

You could look up the backbitting in ISLAM videos on google and gain some idea on how people look so simple and pure and they might be commiting a huge sin, You can state some verses and hadith ** Saying of the prophet peace be up on him with your pictures** I am sure the public will learn something from these photos speically in now days Muslim and non Muslims we hope you post these picture on TTI too.

Prophet Muhammad said :"Do you know what backbiting is?" They said, "God and His Messenger know best." He then said, "It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike." Someone asked him, "But what if what I say is true?" The Messenger of God said, "If what you say about him is true, you are backbiting him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him." (Muslim)

Most famouse video on how backbiting look like in islam

[yt]c9QEadXjJSc[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QEadXjJSc

This is is the verse listed at the end of the video

"O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is The One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful" (Qur'an 49: 12)

[yt]EaiYwf1cHD4[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaiYwf1cHD4&feature=related

revert2007

Love Fishing
Have spoken against backbiting and speaking ill of other Believers many times on the forum. I thought I'd create a seperate topic for this subject since the message doesn't seem to get through. And this applies more to the Hadith-Rejecting-Qur'an-Abusers too (the Qur'an-only or freeminders who keep speaking ill about Sunnis).

Let's begin with this verse:

Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly (for forgiveness) and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean. (Quran, 2:222)

It is best that we turn to Allah (swt) and seek his forgiveness of our sins instead of going around disclosing the sins of others, as the following words of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) shows:

Whosoever covers (the sins of) a Muslim, Allah covers (his sins) on the Day of Judgment. (Reported by Bukhari)

If we find that we cannot remain quiet about the sins of others, the most we are allowed to do is to discuss the issue with them, IN PRIVATE, and try to encourage them to stop committing the sin(s). Allah (swt) said:

The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and they forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden). [Holy Qur'an 71:9]

The exception to this is of course, if someone has committed a crime that killed or injured someone, in which case, public anouncement of such a person needs to be made for trial and justice purposes.

Talking about sins of others is backbiting. Talking about the weakness of someone that IS NOT true, behind their back, is called lying. Talking about the weakness of someone that IS true, behind their back, is called backbiting. Allah (swt) compares this kind of action to eating your brother's flesh:

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. [Holy Qur'an 49:12]

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:

Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Apostle (peace be upon him) know best. Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that weakness) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that weakness) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander. [Reported by Muslim]

Some people enjoy spreading the actions of others. They must think about what they are doing. Allah (swt) says in the Holy Quran:

Those who love (to see) scandal published (and) broadcast among the Believers will have a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: Allah knows and ye know not. [Holy Qur'an, 19-24]

For such people who like spreading scandals, disgrace and gossip about the Believers, Allah (swt) warns them of "a grievous Penalty in this life and in the Hereafter".

May Allah (swt) protect us all and may He forgive all our sins. Ameen.

source:http://forum.bismikaallahuma.org/islam-basics/2019-avoid-backbiting-suspicion.html

Maartje

Jazakalogeiren MrMuslim,
I really enjoyed that reminders ,also I wonder if anyone goes without gossiping and or backbiting it's not an easy thing to do .May Allah guide us to stay silent or speak good ,Incha Allah.

eli.

Jazakalogeiren MrMuslim,
I really enjoyed that reminders ,also I wonder if anyone goes without gossiping and or backbiting it's not an easy thing to do .May Allah guide us to stay silent or speak good ,Incha Allah.

I know is like so hard for me to avoid backbiting specially on people clothes
Thanks brother and sister
And specially the one of the video, I got my inspiration from that one that's why I thought of doing a photoshoot based on that video is so like raw that it might work I mean honestly after all backbiting sometimes can destroy people like in the video

Thanks a lot guys it means a lot to me

eli.

salam alikom
I am sure the public will learn something from these photos speically in now days Muslim and non Muslims we hope you post these picture on TTI too.

I would like to but most probably my pictures will be kind of haram in the fact that I doubt any of my woman models will like to wear a hijab or cover properly since I live in a weird non-muslim city I will gladly post it but I wonder if it's ok with the website:blackhijab: