A woman wearing perfume when going out!!!

Mehry

:salam2: all sisters

This practice is widespread nowadays, despite the stern warning of the Prophet :saw: who said: "Any woman who applies perfume and then goes out among the people so that they could smell her fragrance is zaaniyah(adulteress)". reported by Imaam Ahmad, 4/418; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 105

Some women are very careless and take the matter too lightly, especially in fornt of drivers, shopkeepers, school porters etc... even though the Sharee'ah states very strictly that the woman who wears perfume must wash herself like a person must wash when in a state of janaabah (i.e. perform ghusl), if she wants to go out to the mosque. The Prophet :saw: said: "Any woman who wears perfume then goes out to the mosque so that the fragrence can be discerned, her prayers will not be accepted until she performs ghusl like the ghusl to be performed when in a state of janaabah". reported by Imaam Ahmad, 2/444; see also Saheeh al-Jaami, 2703.

we can only complain to Allah about the bukhoor and 'ood (types of incense) used at weddings and women's parties before people leave, and the use of strong smelling perfumes in market places, means of transportation, and mixed gatherings in the mosques even during the nights of Ramadhan. Islam tells us that women's perfume should be that which has color but little smell.

We ask Allah not to despise us and not to punish righteous men and women for the deeds of foolish men and women. May He guide us all to the straight path

:jazaak:
:wasalam:

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
i have one doubt about that, i know we can't wear it outside, but for our husbands is true that even than the perfum cant have alchohol ?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
i have one doubt about that, i know we can't wear it outside, but for our husbands is true that even than the perfum cant have alchohol ?

Firstly you have to know that there is a difference between drinking alcohol and using alcohol in perfumes.

There is a difference opinion among scholars . Some say alcohol is najaasa( not pure) , some say it is not.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sisters, think of our vanity and remember alcohol dries out your skin. There are many perfumes that are alcohol free and oils that we are free to use at home. We are allowed to be very feminine with our hubbies. That is the one we can have fun with.

Quratulaine

:salam2:

yes, the alcohol in perfume and alcohol for drinking are different. i think there was a thread about this....i've never heard of perfume with alcohol being haram! if you have dry skin, you can apply the perfume on top of lotion and that should prevent overdrying.

:wasalam:

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Very true

Salaam,

Sisters, think of our vanity and remember alcohol dries out your skin. There are many perfumes that are alcohol free and oils that we are free to use at home. We are allowed to be very feminine with our hubbies. That is the one we can have fun with.

:salam2:
That is very true
Why would someone want something that would harm them?
That is well known sister that we are not allowed to go out in public with perfume on, but thanks for reminding us again.

May Allah grant us Jannat Firdaus:tti_sister: