Accusations in Islam

Shak78

Assalamu alakium,

I have a question regarding the making of accusations towards another muslim and what happens if these accusations are false. What if a Muslim is accused or called a prostitute but no proof is offered? What happens to the person who calls the woman that name? Is there a penalty for the false accusation?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu alakium,

I have a question regarding the making of accusations towards another muslim and what happens if these accusations are false. What if a Muslim is accused or called a prostitute but no proof is offered? What happens to the person who calls the woman that name? Is there a penalty for the false accusation?
Wha? Seriously!

Good thing Islam is strict on this one. If you lie against someone this BIG. I mean if it's about their honor [You know what I mean] and you can't prove it [Four eye witnesses], brace your back for 80 lashes! This is what the Qur'an tells us and it is women mentioned in that verse, though the scholars say the verse is general i.e for both men and women.

By you I don't mean you.

Shak78

Wha? Seriously!

Good thing Islam is strict on this one. If you lie against someone this BIG. I mean if it's about their honor [You know what I mean] and you can't prove it [Four eye witnesses], brace your back for 80 lashes! This is what the Qur'an tells us and it is women mentioned in that verse, though the scholars say the verse is general i.e for both men and women.

By you I don't mean you.

I knwo you didnt mean dear Sister lol It was a questions about something I read and was not sure what the punishment was. I hope they find these people and punish them for the accusations they made against the sister. Thank you for letting me know, I knew it was a punishable offense but didn't know how bad.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullah,it is really a bad thing to accuse another muslim.Only yeterday I was reading about how rancour ,jealousy and backbiting is a serious cause of defect in heart.
As sister said punishment in this world is 80 lashes in akhirah it is much serious to ,the person who has made such accusations ,they will be melted in hellfire untill they fully taste what they have earned(according to a hadith's mafhoom).Truly it is a despicable act,which arises because of bughz (rancour harboured in heart),which comes in form of backbiting and slandering .May Allah protect us from it.Ameen.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I knwo you didnt mean dear Sister lol It was a questions about something I read and was not sure what the punishment was. I hope they find these people and punish them for the accusations they made against the sister. Thank you for letting me know, I knew it was a punishable offense but didn't know how bad.

Right:D

I thought I should share the verses:

And those who accuse chaste women, and produce not four witnesses, flog them with eighty stripes, and reject their testimony forever. They indeed are the Faasiqoon (liars, rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Noor 24:4]

These verses apply equally to slander against both women and men.

Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer: Allaah mentioned women in the verse because they are of greater concern and accusing them of immorality is more abhorrent and more hurtful, but slandering men is also included in the meaning of the verse, and the ummah is unanimously agreed on that. End quote.

And:

Indeed, those who [falsely] accuse chaste, unaware and believing women are cursed in this world and the Hereafter; and they will have a great punishment

On a Day when their tongues, their hands and their feet will bear witness against them as to what they used to do.

That Day, Allah will pay them in full their deserved recompense, and they will know that it is Allah who is the perfect in justice.

[al-Noor 24:23-25]

sulaiman786

Aslaam Alaikum

First we must all refrain from accusing others unless we have not seen somethig with our own eyes. We cannot take the testimony of others because we haven't seen it ourselves. May Allah swt guide us all and forgive us. The punishment indeed is 80 lashes.