ADHKAR PROTECTION FROM SATAN AND FROM ANY HARM

bemuslim

There are some today who are ignorant of these Adhkar, and very few recite them on a daily basis. As a result, we see many Muslims constantly falling victim to Shaitan and his associates from mankind and jinn, living in misery and depression all their lives. I hope that we take heed from this, and from now on make the Adhkar of the morning and evening a daily part of our lives.

The Adhkar of the Morning and Evening –
The following Adhkar of the morning and evening have been taken from authentic Ahadeeth that I've gathered together from various books. I first mentioned the particular Dhikr in Arabic, then its translation, along with its reference in the books of Hadeeth. The Prophet (SAW) mentioned certain virtues and rewards for those who recite these Adhkar. If one is interested, he can refer to the Hadeeth where the Dhikr is mentioned for further detail.

1. The Adhkar that are said both in the morning and evening:

اللهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاء وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَؤُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
“Allah – none has the right to be worshipped except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of all existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the Earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is presently before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi (chair or footstool) extends over the heavens and the Earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.” [Al-Baqarah 2:255] [Nasa'i and Hakim]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
قُلْ هُوَ اللهُ أَحَدٌ * اللهُ الصَّمَدُ * لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ * وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
(Three times)
“Say: He is Allah, who is One. Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor was He begotten, nor is there to Him any equivalent.” [Al-Ikhlas 112:1-4] [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ * مِن شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ * وَمِن شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ * وَمِن شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ * وَمِن شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ
(Three times)
“Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak, from the evil of that which He created, from the evil of darkness when it settles, from the evil of the blowers in knots (those who practice magic), and from the evil of an envier when he envies.” [Al-Falaq 113:1-5] [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاس * مَلِكِ النَّاسِ * إِلَهِ النَّاسِ * مِن شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ * الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ * مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَ النَّاسِ
(Three times)
“Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind, the Sovereign of mankind, the God of mankind, from the evil of the retreating whisperer (a devil), who whispers evil into the breasts of mankind, from among the jinn and mankind.” [An-Nas 114:1-6] [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ أَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ وَلاَ تَكِلْنِي إِلى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ
“O Ever-Living, O Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, by Your Mercy I seek assistance, rectify for me all of my affairs and do not leave me to myself, even for the blink of an eye.” [Nasa'i and Hakim]

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي، لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي، فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْت
“O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You. You created me and I am Your servant. I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed, I acknowledge Your favour upon me, and I acknowledge my sin. So forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin except You.” [Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim]

اللَّهُمَّ فَاطِرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ رَبَّ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَمَلِيكَهُ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ نَفْسِي، وَشَرِّ الشَّيْطَانِ وَشِرْكِهِ، وَأَن أَقْتَرِفَ عَلَى نَفْسِي سُوءًا أَو أَجُرَّهُ إِلى مُسْلِمٍ
“O Allah, Creator of the heavens and the Earth, Knower of the unseen and the seen, Lord and Sovereign of all things, I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I take refuge in You from the evil of my soul and from the evil and Shirk of Shaitan, and from committing wrong against my soul or from bringing such upon another Muslim.” [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ahmad, Darimi, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim]

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَافِيَةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي دِينِي وَدُنْيَايَ وَأَهْلِي وَمَالِيَ، اللَّهُمَّ اسْتُرْ عَوْرَاتِي وَآمِنْ رَوْعَاتِي، اللَّهُمَّ احْفَظْنِي مِنْ بَيْنِ يَدَيَّ وَمِنْ خَلْفِي وَعَنْ يَمِينِي وَعَنْ شِمَالِي وَمِنْ فَوْقِي، وَأَعُوذُ بِعَظَمَتِكَ أَنْ أُغْتَالَ مِنْ تَحْتِي
“O Allah, I ask You for well-being in this life and the next. O Allah, I ask You for pardon and well-being in my religious and worldly affairs, and my family and my wealth. O Allah, conceal my weaknesses and set at ease my dismay. O Allah, preserve me from in front of me, from behind me, on my right, on my left, and from above me, and I take refuge with You lest I be swallowed up from beneath me (by the Earth).” [Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim]

بِسْمِ اللهِ الَّذِي لا يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَيْءٌ فِي الأَرْضِ وَلا فِي السَّمَاءِ، وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيم
(Three times)
“In the name of Allah with whose name nothing is harmed on Earth nor in the heavens, and He is the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing.” [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, Ibn Hibban, and Hakim]

رَضِيتُ بِاللهِ رَبّاً، وِبِالإِسْلامِ دِيناً، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ نَبِيّاً
(Three times)
“I am pleased with Allah as a Lord, Islam as a religion, and Muhammad (SAW) as a Prophet.” [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, and Hakim]

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْدِهِ، عَدَدَ خَلْقِهِ وَرِضَا نَفْسِهِ وَزِنَةَ عَرْشِهِ وَمِدَادَ كَلِمَاتِه
(Three times)
“How perfect Allah is, I praise Him by the number of His creation, by His pleasure, by the weight of His Throne, and by the ink of His words.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah]

اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لا إِلَهَ إلاَّ أَنْت
(Three times)
“O Allah, grant my body health. O Allah, grant my hearing health. O Allah, grant my sight health. None has the right to be worshipped except You.” [Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكُفْرِ وَالْفَقْرِ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْت
(Three times)
“O Allah, I take refuge with You from disbelief and poverty, and I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. None has the right to be worshipped except You.” [Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

حَسْبِيَ اللهُ لا إِِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ، عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ، وَهُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ العَظِيم
(Seven times)
“Allah is sufficient for me, none has the right to be worshipped except Him, upon Him I rely, and He is the Lord of the exalted throne.” [Abu Dawud]

لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِير
(Ten times)
“None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is over all things omnipotent.” [Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَبِحَمْدِه
(One hundred times)
“How perfect Allah is, I praise Him.” [Muslim, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ اللهِ، وَاللهُ أَكْبَر
(One hundred times)
“How perfect Allah is, all praise is for Allah, and Allah is the greatest.” [Nasa'i]

2. The Adhkar that are said only in the morning:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْماً نَافِعاً، وَرِزْقاً طَيِّباً، وَعَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلاً
“O Allah, I ask You for beneficial knowledge, good provision, and accepted deeds.” [Ibn Majah]

اللَّهُمَّ بِكَ أَصْبَحْنَا وَبِكَ أَمْسَيْنَا، وَبِكَ نَحْيَا وَبِكَ نَمُوتُ، وَإِلَيْكَ النُّشُور
“O Allah, by Your leave we have reached the morning and by Your leave we have reached the evening, by Your leave we live and die, and unto You is our ressurection.” [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban]

اللَّهُمَّ مَا أَصْبَحَ بِي مِنْ نِعْمَةٍ أَو بِأَحَدٍ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ فَمِنْكَ وَحْدَكَ لا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، فَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ وَلَكَ الشُكْر
“O Allah, whatever blessing I or any of Your creation have risen upon, is from You alone, without partner, so for You is all praise and unto You all thanks.” [Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, and Ibn Hibban]

أَصْبَحْنَا عَلَى فِطْرَةِ الإِسْلامِ، وَعَلَى كَلِمَةِ الإِخْلاصِ، وَعَلَى دِينِ نَبِيَّنَا مُحَمَّدٍ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، وَعَلَى مِلَّةِ أَبِينَا إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفاً مُسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِين
“We rise upon the Fitrah (natural disposition) of Islam, upon the word of pure faith, upon the religion of our Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and upon the religion of our forefather Ibrahim, who was a Muslim and of true faith, and was not of those who associate others with Allah.” [Nasa'i, Ahmad, and Darimi]

أَصْبَحْنَا وَأَصْبَحَ الْمُلْكُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ هَذَا الْيَوْمَ، فَتْحَهُ وَنَصْرَهُ وَنُورَهُ وَبَرَكَتَهُ وَهُدَاهُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا فِيهِ وَشَرِّ مَا بَعْدَه
“We have reached the morning, and at this very time unto Allah belongs all sovereignty, Lord of the worlds. O Allah, I ask You for the good of this day, its triumphs, its victories, its light, its blessings, and its guidance. And I take refuge in You from the evil of this day and the evil that follows it.” [Abu Dawud]

أَصْبَحْنَا وَأَصْبَحَ الْمُلْكُ ِللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ ِللهِ، لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ، رَبِّ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ مَا فِي هَذَا الْيَوْمَ وَخَيْرَ مَا بَعْدَهُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ هَذَا الْيَوْمَ وَشَرِّ مَا بَعْدَهُ، رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكَسَلِ وَسُوءِ الْكِبَرِ، رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابٍ فِي النَّارِ وَعَذَابٍ فِي الْقَبْر
“We have reached the morning, and at this very time unto Allah belongs all sovereignty, and all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, and He is over all things omnipotent. My Lord, I ask You for the good of this day and the good of what follows it, and I take refuge in You from the evil of this day and the evil of what follows it. My Lord, I take refuge in You from laziness and senility. My Lord, I take refuge in You from torment in the Fire and punishment in the grave.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَصْبَحْتُ أُشْهِدُكَ، وأُشْهِدُ حَمَلَةَ عَرْشِكَ وَمَلائِكَتِكَ وَجَمِيعَ خَلْقِكَ، أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ اللهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ وَحْدَكَ لا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُكَ وَرَسُولُك
(Four times)
“O Allah, verily I have reached the morning and call on You – along with the bearers of Your throne, Your angels, and all of Your creation – to witness that You are Allah, none has the right to be worshipped except You, alone, without partner, and that Muhammad is Your servant and Messenger.” [Abu Dawud and Nasa'i]

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْه
(One hundred times)
“I seek Allah's forgiveness, and to Him I repent.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِير
(One hundred Times)
“None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, and He is over all things omnipotent.” [Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Malik, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban]

3. The Adhkar that are said only in the Evening:

اللَّهُمَّ بِكَ أَمْسَيْنَا وَبِكَ أَصْبَحْنَا، وَبِكَ نَحْيَا وَبِكَ نَمُوتُ، وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِير
“O Allah, by Your leave we have reached the evening and by Your leave we have reached the morning, by Your leave we live and die, and unto You is our return.” [Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban]

اللَّهُمَّ مَا أَمْسَى بِي مِنْ نِعْمَةٍ أَو بِأَحَدٍ مِنْ خَلْقِكَ فَمِنْكَ وَحْدَكَ لا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، فَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ وَلَكَ الشُكْر
“O Allah, whatever blessing I or any of Your creation have risen upon, is from You alone, without partner, so for You is all praise and unto You all thanks.” [Abu Dawud and Ibn Hibban]

أَمْسَيْنَا عَلَى فِطْرَةِ الإِسْلامِ، وَعَلَى كَلِمَةِ الإِخْلاصِ، وَعَلَى دِينِ نَبِيَّنَا مُحَمَّدٍ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، وَعَلَى مِلَّةِ أَبِينَا إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفاً مُسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِين
“We rise upon the Fitrah (natural disposition) of Islam, upon the word of pure faith, upon the religion of our Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and upon the religion of our forefather Ibrahim, who was a Muslim and of true faith, and was not of those who associate others with Allah.” [Nasa'i, Ahmad, and Darimi]

أَمْسَيْنَا وَأَمْسَى الْمُلْكُ ِللهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ هَذِهِ الْلَّيْلَةَ، فَتْحَهَا وَنَصْرَهَا وَنُورَهَا وَبَرَكَتَهَا وَهُدَاهَا، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا فِيهَا وَشَرِّ مَا بَعْدَهَا
“We have reached the evening, and at this very time unto Allah belongs all sovereignty, Lord of the worlds. O Allah, I ask You for the good of this night, its triumphs, its victories, its light, its blessings, and its guidance. And I take refuge in You from the evil of this night and the evil that follows it.” [Abu Dawud]

أَمْسَيْنَا وَأَمْسَى الْمُلْكُ ِللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ ِللهِ، لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ، رَبِّ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ مَا فِي هَذِهِ الْلَّيْلَةَ وَخَيْرَ مَا بَعْدَهَا، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ هَذِهِ الْلَّيْلَةَ وَشَرِّ مَا بَعْدَهَا، رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكَسَلِ وَسُوءِ الْكِبَرِ، رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابٍ فِي النَّارِ وَعَذَابٍ فِي الْقَبْر
“We have reached the evening, and at this very time unto Allah belongs all sovereignty, and all praise is for Allah. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, and He is over all things omnipotent. My Lord, I ask You for the good of this night and the good of what follows it, and I take refuge in You from the evil of this night and the evil of what follows it. My Lord, I take refuge in You from laziness and senility. My Lord, I take refuge in You from torment in the Fire and punishment in the grave.” [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, and Ahmad]

أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَق
(Three times)
“I take refuge in Allah's perfect words from the evil He has created.” [Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, Ahmad, and Ibn Hibban]

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَمْسَيْتُ أُشْهِدُكَ، وأُشْهِدُ حَمَلَةَ عَرْشِكَ وَمَلائِكَتِكَ وَجَمِيعَ خَلْقِكَ، أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ اللهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ وَحْدَكَ لا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُكَ وَرَسُولُك
(Four times)
“O Allah, verily I have reached the evening and call on You – along with the bearers of Your throne, Your angels, and all of Your creation – to witness that You are Allah, none has the right to be worshipped except You, alone, without partner, and that Muhammad is Your servant and Messenger.” [Abu Dawud and Nasa'i]
Whoever is able to recite and memorize all of these Adhkar, then indeed that is a great blessing from Allah. As for those who are not able to do so, then let them suffice with that which they are capable of, even if it be just one of these Adhkar. We ask Allah to grant us the ability to recite and memorize these Adhkar on a daily basis, and reward us with what He has promised those who recite these Adhkar.