Advice about being promoted and marriage

Ashima33

Salaam Alaikum,

I am wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I will be interviewing for a promotion. I know the question will come up of how long do I see myself working for this company. I'm in the process right now of looking for a husband... so if I find one really soon (which is unrealistic, but could happen) I won't be able to hold this position. It will be too much with school, my art career, and a new marriage. But.... I might not find someone to marry for another 2+ years so taking the position wouldn't even be an issue!!!!
I don't want to be dishonest, so how should I approach this. Financially, the promotion would REALLY help me out and my family.

Any advice????

Thank you!!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Prioritize ukhti!

Give *future possibility* the backseat for now...and go with what is *current* and you know *for certain*..give a diplomatic answer without *specifications*..and inshallah dishonesty will have no room to exist that day :)

I pray that Allah Grants you all that your heart seeks at the best of states inshallah!

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Sister a-muslimah86 has given a wonderful answer.

Just wanted to add something into that. I advice to do Istikhara before attending the interview. Also do Istikhara before selecting a life partner. InshaAllah everythign will go smoothly then. :)

Keep no worries. Seek help of Allah.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Prioritize ukhti!

..give a diplomatic answer without *specifications*..and inshallah dishonesty will have no room to exist that day :)

I pray that Allah Grants you all that your heart seeks at the best of states inshallah!

:salam2:

You almost sounded like a politician, you would make good diplomat. :D

Sister Ashima,

I think the 3 responders above me gave you the correct advice. Like you said, marriage can happen within the next 3 months or the next 3 years, so you shouldn't depend upon this uncertainty and miss out on your promotion. :D
I hope you get the job!

Ashima33

Thank you all for the advice. I have been praying istikhara, but don't feel I have been given a clear sign, yet. But it does help a lot to hear others' opinions.

Thank you!