Age Difference Between The Married

Ibn Uthaymin

I got this from Ahl Hadeeth website.

Sheikh Albani رحمه الله said in " al-Taalikat ar-Radiyyah " ( 2-151 ) :

A person should not accept marrying his daughter - even if she is mature - to a man who is very much older than her, instead he should take in consideration that their ages should be close, because an-Nasai ( 2-70 ) reported that Buraidah Bin al-Husaib رضي الله عنه said :

" Abu Bakr and Omar رضي الله عنهما asked The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم to marry Fatimah رضي الله عنها .

The Prophet did not accept saying to them : " She is young " .

Then Ali رضي الله عنه asked to marry her, and The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم agreed " .

As-Sindi said in his Explanation of an-Nasai : We benefit from this Hadith that ages of the married - being the same or close - is considered, because it is more likely to combine them . Yes, sometimes it is neglected for something higher, like in the case of The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم marrying Aisha رضي الله عنها .

End of Albani's Quote.

Fatimah died 11 H , after 4 or 5 months of the death of The Prophet صلّى الله عليه
وسلّم . She died at an age of 24 or 25 years .

Ali married her in the second year after Hijrah when her age was 15 or 16 (quoted by Adh Dhaahabee in his biography" Siyar Aalam an-Nubalaa " ) .

Abu Bakr died 13 H at an age of 63 , he asked to marry Fatimah when he was at an age of 52 , which makes their age difference about 36 years .

Omar died 23 H at an age of 63 , he asked to marry Fatimah when he was at an age of 42 , which makes their age difference about 26 years .

Ali died 40 H at an age of 60 , he married her at an age of 22 , which makes their age difference about 6 or 7 years .

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is easier when you are the same age. You grow old together.

However, when the man is younger it is fun.

When the man is older...you the wife has luxury.

islamtrureligion

asaalamu alykum wr wb

I got this from Ahl Hadeeth website.

Sheikh Albani رحمه الله said in " al-Taalikat ar-Radiyyah " ( 2-151 ) :

A person should not accept marrying his daughter - even if she is mature - to a man who is very much older than her, instead he should take in consideration that their ages should be close, because an-Nasai ( 2-70 ) reported that Buraidah Bin al-Husaib رضي الله عنه said :

" Abu Bakr and Omar رضي الله عنهما asked The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم to marry Fatimah رضي الله عنها .

The Prophet did not accept saying to them : " She is young " .

Then Ali رضي الله عنه asked to marry her, and The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم agreed " .

As-Sindi said in his Explanation of an-Nasai : We benefit from this Hadith that ages of the married - being the same or close - is considered, because it is more likely to combine them . Yes, sometimes it is neglected for something higher, like in the case of The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلّم marrying Aisha رضي الله عنها .

End of Albani's Quote.

Fatimah died 11 H , after 4 or 5 months of the death of The Prophet صلّى الله عليه
وسلّم . She died at an age of 24 or 25 years .

Ali married her in the second year after Hijrah when her age was 15 or 16 (quoted by Adh Dhaahabee in his biography" Siyar Aalam an-Nubalaa " ) .

Abu Bakr died 13 H at an age of 63 , he asked to marry Fatimah when he was at an age of 52 , which makes their age difference about 36 years .

Omar died 23 H at an age of 63 , he asked to marry Fatimah when he was at an age of 42 , which makes their age difference about 26 years .

Ali died 40 H at an age of 60 , he married her at an age of 22 , which makes their age difference about 6 or 7 years .

ru sure that this hadeeth is sahiih if is sahiih how come fatimah was too young for omar but he married her daughter,

According to Sunni Muslim sources, the third caliph Umar ibn al-Khattab married Umm Kulthum, the daughter of Ali ibn Abu Talib and Fatima bint Muhammad.

fatma_said

Assalaam walaikum,

It is easier when you are the same age. You grow old together.

However, when the man is younger it is fun.

When the man is older...you the wife has luxury.

:salam2:
Personally i would Never say NEVER marry a man even a day younger than me. It would just make me feel old and i don't want to look after him, he needs to look after me!

i know its got no religious basis but that is a golden rule for me :hearts:

amer05

my parents are asking me to marry a girl who is 12 years younger than me. She is one of close relative of me. If i refused they ask me to pack up and leave them forever. The reason for
me to refuse is that I have good understanding for last five years with a girl and I planned to get marry with her. But now in this
situation, totally confused what to do. I am here to take advise from all of u.
I just pray that i can keep both sides and live a normal life.

In addition:
(we both are from different background but mashallah we have same religion)

zainali

assalamualikum brother first thing i would like to advice u , go ahead and tell ur parents that u like some one and want to marry her , dont be disrespectful in saying this , just be nice and make ur parents seat down and tell them calmly that why one want to marry , so that one gets a partner with whom one can live an islamic life , with whom one feel relaxed and feel really comfortable living ,

and also tell ur parents that 12 years age gap is alot and if we think there might be alot of communication gap , but allah swt know best ,

so bro firstly tell ur parents .

zainali

assalamualikum everybody nice thread ,

in todays world people want just half there age , im talking about guys they want some one who is half his age i dont understand why do think like this ,

in papers there are all kinds of advertisements for marriages which says looking for young , beautiful , slim and also very very fair for groom ????

what is this , what are we looking for a life partner for life ?

why have we forgotten about islamic way of finding a girl or guy ??

first and foremost thing that is to be looked is is she or she religious , some one who practice islam and is pious who has all the knowledge of islam after this comes rest of the things ,

but we are end up in looks , physic , age ??

may allah swt make us practice islam in our daily life ameen .

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
thanks for the info.

my question below maybe not related that much to your thread but im curious:

how did the prophet's (saw) wives treat each other? i was married to a few so how did they all cope with each other? if a guy marrys four wives today, they will probably kill each other.

plus, did they live together or each had their separate homes? how did the children all relate to each other, like did they play and love each other whether they were from different mums and one dad?

i always wonder how the prophet (saw) had time for all of them, the wives, kids, responsibilities, and his prophercy

i'd love to know.

Perseveranze

thanks for the info.

my question below maybe not related that much to your thread but im curious:

how did the prophet's (saw) wives treat each other? i was married to a few so how did they all cope with each other? if a guy marrys four wives today, they will probably kill each other.

plus, did they live together or each had their separate homes? how did the children all relate to each other, like did they play and love each other whether they were from different mums and one dad?

i always wonder how the prophet (saw) had time for all of them, the wives, kids, responsibilities, and his prophercy

i'd love to know.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I don't know much on the subject, but I've read that the Prophet used to visit each wife every day, and he'd sleep over one wife's house and all the other wife's would come over etc. He tried to be as fair as possible, but even he prayed for forgiveness for any unequal treatment he may have done.

In the Quran, it encourages you to marry 1 wife only, but only in certain circumstances can you marry upto four and even then you should only do it if you are 100% confident you won't sin by (favouring one or something like that).