Question: Am I being ungrateful to Allah?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alykum

I've been crying so much lately because of something I am going through. The thing is, it's not a big, big deal, but it has affected me depply, and therefore, I'm always crying non-stop. Sometimes I feel like I can't cope with it at all. But when i really think about it, it's really not a big deal and nothing to be so devestated about. So am I being ungrateful for crying soooo much over this small thing? I don't question Allah why He has afflicted me with this, I tell myself to be patient, but I can't help but still be depressed. I get so depressed sometimes that I don't eat for days (not on purpose), and I am not able to do things that I normally would be able to do. All for nothing. This thing is NOT a big deal. What do I do? I don't want to be ungrateful to Allah just because He took away just one blessing, while I have sooo many more. Am I being ungrateful?

Wasalam.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
If it's affected you, don't go hard on yourself for feeling the way you are. It's natural.

When I have felt my emotions rise, and my world turned around, I have asked for patience. I haven't necessarily had a desire to stop crying. I've asked for a soft heart, one that can weep. Your tears are not a sign of being ungrateful. It's what is in your heart, tongue and actions that would need amends if you felt your response to your situation was not submission.

Think it over, make dua. Particularly at the time of Fajr. They will extinguish all your fires.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah, ukhty.

Good to see you around on TTI again!

Patience, ukhty. Pray to Allaah `azza wa jall for patience.

I think most of us are in truth often ungrateful...except for those rare ones. At the end of the day, it all comes down to taking Allaah azza wa jall's blessings for granted. He has given us so much without us having to ask for it.
Take a hand for example. Allaah has given us FIVE fingers to use. We often use all of them. The least used one is the little pinky finger. As in the case of most things, if it's often useless we could simply care less if we had it or not. But...if one day we ended up losing that little finger and only had four remaining, it's just as bad as losing the whole hand to us. Because it no longer appears like a "hand". It's a hand but with one less finger now.

What I'm getting at is, regardless of it being beneficial to us or not we naturally have a tendency to want for things to stay the way they've always been.
And when it doesn't, we feel emotional/depressed because, yes, it does affects us.

So ukhty, I pray that Allaah gives you the patience to deal with thing thing and blesses you with many, many more happy years.
You'll be fine inshaa'Allaah. :)