American television is rubbish!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
GRRR! I was walking around today looking for something to do, and my sister is watching television. It's Tyra, and she has couples on a bed talking about swinging, if you dont know what that is, it's where couples switch partners with other people. :angryblue:

We NEED an Islamic television channel! Why is the only Sh. Estes the only one trying to get us one? And to be honest, I dont know if it will happen. He wants to get Guide US TV, and I'm unaware of the progress :girl3:

Do any of you watch Guide US TV online?
Do you get tired of never having anything to watch?
:shymuslima1:​

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Television puts me to sleep. I sit down for two minutes and I am out. Poor Tyra..she does as she is told. People act upon what they hear. It is so uncool.
We are fortunate. I will watch a moive once in a blue moon. I know there was a post a while back about Islamic TV. I get happy watching the videos on youtube and islamic sites. Thats is how I found out about TTI.

I am rambling..need sleep and coffee.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

Television puts me to sleep. I sit down for two minutes and I am out. Poor Tyra..she does as she is told. People act upon what they hear. It is so uncool.
We are fortunate. I will watch a moive once in a blue moon. I know there was a post a while back about Islamic TV. I get happy watching the videos on youtube and islamic sites. Thats is how I found out about TTI.

I am rambling..need sleep and coffee.

I dont think you can have sleep and coffee, i think you should choose one or the other x3

I also watch Islamic things online, like on TubeIslam.Com, but if I'm going to watch something 1 hour long, I'd like it to be on television. No buffering and the quality is better.

Valerie

Yeah, television is pretty bad here. There's 2 or 3 shows I watch... Talk shows are always about scandal though (okay, the vast majority of the time. there are exceptions... I think I've seen a couple of Tyra's shows that were good, but I"m not big on talk shows).

I wouldn't mind an Islamic channel. I know there's a mormon channel, a catholic channel, an SDA channel where I am... I usually end up watching dvds anyways :) And when I do have the tv on it's usually background noise so the house isn't so ... scary :)

DanyalSAC

Al Jezeera is available in English on satellite. Not on cable though. I am not sure of its quality though - one of the local halal markets near my home sells receivers for the Arabic version, and when I asked him if I could also get the English with that receiver he said "No...but you wouldn't want to, its like watching Fox News". Its carried by Link TV (channel 375 on Direct TV and 9410 on Dish Network).

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Al Jezeera is available in English on satellite. Not on cable though. I am not sure of its quality though - one of the local halal markets near my home sells receivers for the Arabic version, and when I asked him if I could also get the English with that receiver he said "No...but you wouldn't want to, its like watching Fox News".

See, I know its available on "Satelite" but it doesnt give a channel. It gives a degrees and I dont get that. I'm not the most technologically advanced person :girl3: To me, Comcast is satelite. And it uses channels, not degrees or whatever.

DanyalSAC

See, I know its available on "Satelite" but it doesnt give a channel. It gives a degrees and I dont get that. I'm not the most technologically advanced person :girl3: To me, Comcast is satelite. And it uses channels, not degrees or whatever.

I edited my post to include the channels. The "degrees" you need are only if you have the satellite receiver, you set the dish to that setting. Comcast is fiber cable, not satellite. It comes to your house via cable, not a dish.

Kakorot

:salam2:

In the UK we have 'Islam' Channel. I think they're available in the US, are they not? You can check their website: www.islamchannel.tv

And what about Peace TV? I'm sure they broadcast worldwide.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I edited my post to include the channels. The "degrees" you need are only if you have the satellite receiver, you set the dish to that setting. Comcast is fiber cable, not satellite. It comes to your house via cable, not a dish.

OKay i see the edited post, I'll have to look into Dish again.
When I had Dish about 6 years ago, my family was not satisfied with the price or the selection...Lets see how it is now.

Yikes. 24.99US a month (plus box) is a bit steep.

Edited: I actually change my mind - 24.99 is not bad really especially for all those channels.

I agree. Especially if I dump Comcast :D

kayleigh

TV in general is a bore. There is a small list of television shows I watch, and I watch them online. So, literally, the only time I ever watch TV is at the gym (the news), at work (CNBC), or if I'm just passing by. I never sit down the purposely watch TV and I don't understand the appeal.

DanyalSAC

As soon as I clicked I saw "Free Channels" and got interested, they always lure me in with the free things :SMILY149: Jazakallah Khair for this! :SMILY252:

I am dinkering around with this at work... I am overwhelmed by the amount of music on each of these channels.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
aslam o alaikum

why dont you try this? a brother told me about it i never used it but i heard good things about it

http://www.islambox.tv/

Aslam alai kum

Jazakhallah khair for this information brother Shaheerpak.

At the moment I have Sky TV, with a few Islamic Channels. I was just wondering what's the quality like with using an "Islam Box".

If anyone already has one, perhaps you could tell me if it's TV quality or not as good.

Would be great to hear from anyone that already has an "Islam Box".

Peace2u

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

I dont put my eyes on that devil box.....television.
I even dont watch peace tv,much in tv,rather I download vdos from internet.
Movies/music/drama....I cant waste my valuable time witching this(where I can die anytime,may be the next minute)...where I can say 2rakah Salah or can recite the Quran...

May ALlah SWT guide us and bless us
Jazakallahu Khair
Barakallahu Feeke
wassalam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Aslam alai kum

Jazakhallah khair for this information brother Shaheerpak.

At the moment I have Sky TV, with a few Islamic Channels. I was just wondering what's the quality like with using an "Islam Box".

If anyone already has one, perhaps you could tell me if it's TV quality or not as good.

Would be great to hear from anyone that already has an "Islam Box".

Peace2u

:salam2:
Wa iyak

I dont know but i heard the quality is good i have never seen it or tried it, if someone is willing its good to try it for one month and see how it goes or call them and ask such Questions

Inshallah taala they can help you
walaikum salam

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Yuck! I can't stand the sight of T.V anymore,,,
I shud actually say Alhamdulillah!:biggrin::biggrin:
There were times when i was LiterallY addicted to it subhanallah....
I would stay up at nights for movies/shows,-even tho we had Islamic chnls tht I cud've watched...Now, am sooo GlaD my aunt cut off that
waste-of-time thingy:)

Sakeena

I have some amazing ideas, but some of you guys are so damn strict, it's so hard to do anything!!! :angryblue: