an ideal marriage

esperanza

revert of many years
with divorce rates so high and on the increase even in the muslim world ...do you think there is such thing as an ideal marriage....does it really exist>>>

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum,

All I can say is that we plan and we plan and do our best but Allaah is the best of planners.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
There is no ideal marriage, nor ideal partner or rather Mr./Ms. Right. It is what you make of it and what you get out is what you put in it.

Perseveranze

Reason for divorce is due to lack of education in Islam. I think men in general aren't as good of husbands as they were during the early years of Islam.

If one reads the sirah, it's amazing how he treated his wives and the love he showed them. If men really imitated the Prophet(pbuh), there would hardly be any divorces.

Having said that, there are also women today who don't act right/follow sunnah either.

esperanza

revert of many years
Reason for divorce is due to lack of education in Islam. I think men in general aren't as good of husbands as they were during the early years of Islam.

If one reads the sirah, it's amazing how he treated his wives and the love he showed them. If men really imitated the Prophet(pbuh), there would hardly be any divorces.

Having said that, there are also women today who don't act right/follow sunnah either.

yes ithink your right...men should really follow the example of the prophet PBUH and yes women are of course to blame too

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No one said women are to blame. Both men and women have to decide how they wish to practice their faith.

And yes, the sisters could take a repeat class in following the Sunna. I would be the first student.

strive-may-i

Divorce is nothing but "I Quit". Now, "I quit" because...... has 101 reasons, but very very few are genuine. The most common reason for quitting a marriage, is because we in the current times suffer from "Me First" illusion. and the Illusion is constantly fed, by the increasingly commercial exploitation.

Kids want to quit from parents, Parents want to quit from each other, everyone wants more n more from others, but have less and lesser to give others...

.Its said when going gets tough the tough get going, now where one choses to go, depends. An ideal relation ship is one which survives despite the rough weather, which strengthens when put to test... Is it not?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

There are reasons Allah has permitted divorce. It is not an easy thing nor is it always a good thing. But, sometimes it is the only thing.

But this thread is about ideal and marriage...

now think of this...someone who prays with you...someone who plays with you...and everything inbetween...