Problem Any converts who were married/engaged to a non muslim when they converted?

Asalam Alikum brothers and sisters, I am a recent convert (Alhamdulilah) and when I became a Muslimah I was already engaged to a non-muslim man. To begin, I want to make it clear that I am NOT about to ask for someone to tell me that it is halal to marry a non-muslim. What I want is insight into how I should handle this situation.

Alhamdulilah, my fiance is a wonderful man. He loves me deeply and I love him. He has always treated me with respect and done everything he can for me. Once, alhamdulilah, he even saved my life. Since I have become Muslim he has done everything he can to support me in Islam. He bought an Arabic Quran for me because I only had an English one in my house, stopped drinking alcohol around me, and even reminds me to pray when I forget to do it (which is a lot as I have memory problems... Alhamdulilah I have him to remind me).

In sha Allah, my fiance will be guided to Islam and there will be no problem. However, as of now this has not happened, and logically I have to accept the probability that he will never be a Muslim. I have only been a Muslim for a few months - so maybe I am rushing, but our wedding is scheduled soon. I do wish for him to become Muslim, but at the same time I feel like it would be unwise to just leave him now. He has been so supportive of me, and if it wasn't for him I would have died before I had the chance to become a Muslimah in the first place.

I also believe that Allah (swt) guides whom he wills to Islam, when he wills. I believe that there is a reason he guided me to Islam at this specific time in my life, after I became engaged to this man, not before.

Are there any other Muslims out there who went through something similar? How did you manage your love for your partner and your love for Islam? Any advice and insight would be greatly appreciated, but please no judgments.

Asalam Alikum brothers and sisters, I am a recent convert (Alhamdulilah) and when I became a Muslimah I was already engaged to a non-muslim man. To begin, I want to make it clear that I am NOT about to ask for someone to tell me that it is halal to marry a non-muslim. What I want is insight into how I should handle this situation.

Alhamdulilah, my fiance is a wonderful man. He loves me deeply and I love him. He has always treated me with respect and done everything he can for me. Once, alhamdulilah, he even saved my life. Since I have become Muslim he has done everything he can to support me in Islam. He bought an Arabic Quran for me because I only had an English one in my house, stopped drinking alcohol around me, and even reminds me to pray when I forget to do it (which is a lot as I have memory problems... Alhamdulilah I have him to remind me).

In sha Allah, my fiance will be guided to Islam and there will be no problem. However, as of now this has not happened, and logically I have to accept the probability that he will never be a Muslim. I have only been a Muslim for a few months - so maybe I am rushing, but our wedding is scheduled soon. I do wish for him to become Muslim, but at the same time I feel like it would be unwise to just leave him now. He has been so supportive of me, and if it wasn't for him I would have died before I had the chance to become a Muslimah in the first place.

I also believe that Allah (swt) guides whom he wills to Islam, when he wills. I believe that there is a reason he guided me to Islam at this specific time in my life, after I became engaged to this man, not before.

Are there any other Muslims out there who went through something similar? How did you manage your love for your partner and your love for Islam? Any advice and insight would be greatly appreciated, but please no judgments.
allah will show you a right path,and strong you on that

Scarf

I'm in the same boat. I've been married to an atheist for a couple years now and I recently reverted to Islam. He's certain that I'm going to change my mind and turn away from Islam, but he says he'll let me practice and learn for myself the "error of my ways"... There are many things in our marriage that trouble me and this is just one more thing.

zaman-gm

Salam.
Dear sister Scarf give him Dawah of Islam. Listen to him and try to give right Answer.
We have good scope to share here. In Sha Allah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Sweet sisters,

How difficult it is to be in your shoes.

I was married to a man, the father of my sons, who took Shahada to marry me. After 15 years of marriage I divorced him.

You can not give them dawah. It is the will of Allah, swt. There will come times when they will not listen to you. It is the individual soul that chooses Islam. But as you walk on the Path of Islam you will lose friends, family members, and lovers.

The simplest way I can state it is this: Islam teaches you a new way of thinking. Thus as you grow in faith it becomes difficult to communicate with non-Muslims. You will prefer the company of Muslims.
( now there are Muslims who get on my last nerve...another topic).

We have people we meet and are deeply committed to that have played significant roles in our lives. When we are strong enough Allah, swt, gives us options. There is no randomness in the Plan of Allah, swt.

Slow it down. Don't punish yourselves. The haram police is always on the go. They have not walked on the other side of the road.

May Allah swt, ease your hardships. I pray this opens a dialogue for us.

zaman-gm

There is a Hadith, I can't remember but It like said that "Allah SWT said to our prophet saw to keep going with Dawa'h. "

Sister Aapa I'm sorry to hear your life story. But I'm happy to see your believe in Islam and Allah SWT. Allah is enough for one who get him.
I pray for all,as Allah SWT bless us. Allah with US.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Sister, Why are you sorry? I am a very happy woman. I pray our sisters find the balance and peace. Reversion is not easy. These sisters truly love Allah swt.