Arabic rigorous law

sparkling

hello everybody

Law in Saudi Arabia is very rigorous. If you steal something you most likely may loose you hand. If you resign Islam you are most likely to loose your life. So the law is very rigorous. Or if a woman reveal some body she can be punished by flogging.

I have heard the law is there based on Islam(?). I mean the way you treat a guilty person is based on Koran. Is it true? Does Koran says to be so rigorous to people? Or perhaps it is not connected to Koran?

thanks

alf2

Islam is a way of life
We have MANY Saudi Arabians on this site, i am waiting their reply to you :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Hello and welcome brother in humanity

First of all brother, the Law for which you asked a question is not Arab law, but it is Islamic Law, the same like Islam is not only religion of Arabs but it is religion from Allah for all mankind, InshAllah.

Regarding stealing in Islam and its practise in Shariah ( Islamic law) it is from Islam Alhadmulillah and it is ordered from Allah for many reasons. If there is not any restrictions and harder punishment for some crimes like zinaa( forniification, adultary) killing, stealing, than it is more likely that human beings will commit more these crimes, because if they do not fear Allah, they will at least fear the punishment of law. And that is why there is so much hard punishment in Islam Alhamdulillah,and it is only for keeping moral and honour of one society and its inhabitants.

Allah subhaana wa teala sais for the crime of stealing in Quran: "Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All-Powerful, All-Wise." ( Surah Al maidah, Ayah 38).

If you read brother, in the begining of this ayah Allah is first ordering that those who have commited this crime be punish with cuting off hands,and on the end of ayah Allah sais for Himselfe that He is the most wise, SubhanAllah. And Alhamdulilah we Muslims belive that Allah knows the best why He is ordering and forbidding us something and that is only for our own good, on this world and Ahirah, Inshallah.

I do not know the asnwer for other two questions,and I hope Inshallah other more knowledgable brothers and sisters will answer you. Ameen. :tti_sister:

dunno

Yes, law is based on the quran especially the hanbali madhab.
But in islam there are many rules and conditions need to be met before cutting someone's hand....he has to steal something on you ( so car stealing is not included ). It is very rare for someone hand to be cut due to the rigorous conditions.

None was killed ever for leaving islam....that is in the Quran but it is in your heart. Saudis alhamduallah never left islam.....never heard of such incident...but if you are a non-muslim you cannot be a saudi national.

as for flogging women for showing body parts...that is not true they simply ask them not to and people wear abaya ( black covering ) alhamduallah
Please make sure you get your facts straight

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you brother and sister. Many who are unaware of Sharia get confused. What happens is the truth becomes distorted.

Allah's law is absolute. People need to understand that unlike manmade law there are no changes. Non-Sharia based law changes with the wind. The laws differ for the poor and the rich. People who commit white collar crime serve time in recreational jails yet, these criminals have hurt many many innocent people.

The Law is fair. It is clear. Yet, there are ayats and suras that remind us of Mercy. Why is that when people question our faith they do not understand this is the faith of Mercy and Love.

esperanza

revert of many years
hello everybody

Law in Saudi Arabia is very rigorous. If you steal something you most likely may loose you hand. If you resign Islam you are most likely to loose your life. So the law is very rigorous. Or if a woman reveal some body she can be punished by flogging.

I have heard the law is there based on Islam(?). I mean the way you treat a guilty person is based on Koran. Is it true? Does Koran says to be so rigorous to people? Or perhaps it is not connected to Koran?

thanks

law in saudi is very strict ,yes and is based upon islamic law...
yes the law stands stealing is punishable by cutting the hand,,,,
murder..drug dealing are without doubt death penalty..
s recent case of a man who sexually assaulted many young girls is expected to lead to death penalty

ion the past women were hit on legs wiht sticks,,,in public for showing hair...
but mucch has cchanged in last 10 years

Hatty

With regards to cutting the hand of someone who steels. I would like to know what are the conditions which must be met before such a step is taken?

Also I would like to say that: why there is a lot of emphasis on what happens to the thief because of his action? why people do not focus on the steeling activity. why does he steal? does he have a right to steal other people's properties? what about the rights and feeling of the person whose property was stolen? should not we feel more sorry for the victim? if he does not want his hand to be cut then do not steal. it is as simple as that. full stop...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

i live in saudi arabia but i do not hear news of thieves getting their hand cut and women being flogged for exposing.

yes but drug dealers and murderers are executed. and the drunkards are punished too.

let me also tell you that when thieves were getting their hands cut, saudi arabia was a lot more safe. it hardly had any incidents of theft. but now its not same anymore infortunately.

and crimes like rapes, murder, drug and alcohol related are less here as the punishment is strict. alhamdulillah it instills the fear in the people's mind and heart.

PS:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

When one steals out of necessity the law is forgiving.

It is a just law. It is the Law of Allah. We forgive as much as we can..that is the best for us..but it all spelled out for us in the Kitab of Allah. Dare I question what Allah has told me is good for our souls. The laws are for the welfare of humanity given by the Creator.

Kakorot

Not everything Saudi does is according to Islam or sometimes the leaders contradict themselves. Like when King Abdullah came to England, he shaked the Queen's hand and was alone with her in one of those fancy carriages she rides in. So imagine Saudi citizens did this, they'd get punished but it's okay for King Abdullah to do these things and get away with it? Isn't that like hypocrisy though?

I hope I didn't backbite about K. Abdullah but I just wanted to give an example and besides he done it in public for all to see soo...

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
This is Islamic sharia law not Arabic law. We've long passed into 21st century, surprise you still can't differentiate it. You are at the right forum to clear your misconception about Islam anyway. Islam is a universal way of life not Arabic religion.

Pertaining to your question, firstly you must know that it is not that easy to lose your hand, being flogged or death sentencing for denouncing Islam. Like in civil cases, you have trials and verdict.

The fundamental principle in any law is "let criminals acquitted not single innocent shall found guilty", but Islam prove it by making it difficult to prove any offence or will find excuses to let convicted person free.

E.g. if you have killed somebody, if found guilty you will be given capital punishment. That is the basis of the law. But you still have a lifeline, if the family of the victim forgive you, the court will set you free. You will not find in any civil law.

You steal money because you was hungry, your neighbours are aware you are poor but they did not help, if proven you will be acquitted but your neighbour will be charged. I'm sure civil law does not have such thing.

Adultery, if caught you can be either stone to death (for married couple) or flogged 100 times (unmarried couple). But the court requires 4 eye-witness testimony of just men and women before it can sentence you. Do you think it is easy to prove adultery? Nobody will commit adultery with 4-just men or 3 + 2 just men and women watching it. Impossible.

It is rigorous on the surface, you go deep into it you will find that Islamic law is about warning you and scare you. It is not about punishment, it is about educating you.

Read more here:

http://www.netplaces.com/understanding-islam/islamic-guidance-and-law/islamic-law.htm

Evidence required before the trials are made so difficult and it is almost impossible to convict anybody. It is true, recently it was acknowledge by one of M'sia most senior criminal lawyer and opposition leader:

http://www.freemalaysiakini.com/?p=441

(Hudud here refers to one part of Islamic Sharia law).

amer05

All the rules are for ordinary people and expecially for foreigners. King and prince have exception for that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have a simple suggestion. We have two ideas going here. May we continue learning more aspects of Fiqh and Sharia for our benefit and open a new thread devoted to the political theme. That would satisfy two different needs.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
for starters, shari'a law is very very complicated. but because you mentioned the cutting of the hand or the death penalty for certain crimes; i will say this:

the only people that should be fearing the shari'a are those that know that they'll be breaking shari'a law. only thieves, adulterers, drug dealers etc should be worried. because if you arent taking part in these things, your life goes on normally and the punishments for these crimes wouldn't pertain to you.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
If one is convicted in the Islamic court and found guilty of a crime, say stealing and his hand is cut off, does it mean that after death he will not receive the punishment for this crime? or he will receive punishment after death as well even tho he was punished in this world?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

I have a simple suggestion. We have two ideas going here. May we continue learning more aspects of Fiqh and Sharia for our benefit and open a new thread devoted to the political theme. That would satisfy two different needs.

Nah! won't do, TTI won't allow that. I would have started one many months ago. I've got some questions. Some leading me to doubt our noble scholars sometimes, Astaghfirullah! But let's not suggest that which is going to go against TTI and the Green gang *Smile*

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
If one is convicted in the Islamic court and found guilty of a crime, say stealing and his hand is cut off, does it mean that after death he will not receive the punishment for this crime? or he will receive punishment after death as well even tho he was punished in this world?
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

That is not for us to determine. The case is between him and Allaah azz wa jal. If he has repented or done good deeds or whatever excuse that Allaah wants, to show mercy to His slaves; he'll be excused. If not, than Allaah knows best. He may punish with the most severe punishments. Authobillah.

The Punishments in Sharia are the punishments set for this world. To keep the Muslim Society in good shape, pure and protected. It has little to no connection with that which will happen in Akhira as far as I know.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong Inshaa'Allaah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The study and absolute clarification of understanding is important in practicing our faith. If we do not know we do not know what we worship.

Secondly, many of the comments we make on TTI are used on other forums. They find us to be restrictive and unforgiving. Because their knowledge is weak.
We have to secure knowledge. ( my name popped up on a forum I do even visit)

In matters of Fiqh we can not use our lack of knowledge we must be absolutely clear. We have to have evidence.

We are presenting knowledge to uphold and protect our faith. Let it be the best of knowledge available. If we use sound hadeeth and Quran there can be no judgments against TTI and its members being fanatical and unforgiving.

Perseveranze

hello everybody

thanks

Along with what others have said, Saudi -

- Has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
- Has the lowest rape rate in the world
- Is regarded as the safest place in the world (ie. People can leave their jewelry shops and return with nothing stolen)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Along with what others have said, Saudi -

- Has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
- Has the lowest rape rate in the world
- Is regarded as the safest place in the world (ie. People can leave their jewelry shops and return with nothing stolen)

Please verify your sources.. lowest crime rape in the world - definitely not!Note that all stats are based on what is REPORTED...
In Saudi Arabia as well as other Islamic countries, in a lot of cases, the woman will be charged and lashed even tho she may be legitimately raped. This is well known and is a factor in why a lot of cases do not get reported at all. This is especially the case with maids in households.
I am living in the Middle East now and I hear (altho not always believe) of a lot of women raped but never reported out of fear of their own conviction.
So sometimes the law plays it the otherway... At the end of the day Allah is most just. Altho we have His guidelines, we cant expect human beings to make ultimate judgements without their own opinions/thoughts/experiences coming into it.
As for crime, I agree. Again a lot does not get reported but the Middle East generally has very low crime rate. But this is not soley attributed to Sharia law punishment. More than 50% of the Middle East right now is made up of cheap labour which is being used for these countries' development. In cases of crime, they lose their livelihood by being deported. Where I am, THIS is the main reason why crime is so low.
But yes, Alhamdulillah I have little worry about leaving my house open while I go outside.