Are Muslims disorganized ???

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:

In the program called (ONE FAMILY) on MAJD channel. The speaker was Dr.Yahya Alyahya (head of the CALL to Islam Committee).

He said that Muslims are never disorganized; they just need to be CONVINCED.

THEN HE TOLD A STORY OF AN AMERICAN NON-MUSLIM MAN WHO WAS DISCUSSING ABOUT ISLAM WITH HIM WHILE HE WAS WATCHING LIVE BROADCAST OF SALAT ISHA FROM KAABAH, ON TV.

The American man was so amazed ot how crowded the Masjid was, about 3 million Muslims were there at the last nights of the holy month of Ramadan, so crowded, so disorganized.

The sheikh asked the Non-Muslim man: How long do you think they'll take to organize themselves in rows and start the Prayer?

He answered: at least 2-3 hours

The sheikh said: but the Masjid (HARAM) of Kaaba is 4 floors ?

The man said: OH, then it might take about 10 - 12 hours

The sheikh said: put in your mind that they are from countries all over the world and they speak different languages.

The American man said: THEN IT's IMPOSSIBLE TO ORGANIZE THEM BY ANY MEANS!!

Then the Salaat time came, and sheikh Sudais of Makkah stood up and said (ESTAWOO)= Arrange yourselves.

And within seconds, the whole scene changed and the crowd of 3 million Muslims arranged themselves in well-organized rows in NO TIME !!

The American Non-Muslim man stared at the TV screen for a moment, and then said:

ASH-HADU AN LA ILAHA ILLA ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASOOLOLLAH.

(I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but ALLAH, and I bear witness that Mohammad is His Servant and Messenger).

:wasalam:

JenGiove

I think I'd have that same "shock and awe" <:)> look on my face....I'd love to see that. Does anyone have a link for that?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I think I'd have that same "shock and awe" <:)> look on my face....I'd love to see that. Does anyone have a link for that?

You need to be *there* really to experience it. Or you could perhaps tune in on Saudi TV channel 1 at prayer time to watch the telecast from Makkah. Link

And to watch from the Prophet's mosque in Madeenah from Saudi Tv 2. Link
Saudi Tv 2 has coverage in English, so perhaps it might be easier to follow.

Saudi time is 8 hours ahead of US central time.

Call to prayer (Adhaan) in Saudi is approximately at the following times (KSA time) these days (current schedule).

Fajr 5 am
Zuhr 12:10 pm
Asr 3:30 pm
Maghrib 6 pm
Isha 7:30 pm

Note : Prayer starts few minutes after the adhaan.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:bismillah:,

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

Subhana'Allaah.....indeed all praise and thanks is to our Lord for all that He has blessed us with. Subhana'Allaah

This is JUST beautiful.....alhamdulillaah :D

Maha*

[yt]xEYkc1Ck1t0[/yt]

That's the best one I could find. If you type in "makkah taraweeh" in youtube, you'll get more of these videos.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

You need to be *there* really to experience it. Or you could perhaps tune in on Saudi TV channel 1 at prayer time to watch the telecast from Makkah. Link

And to watch from the Prophet's mosque in Madeenah from Saudi Tv 2. Link
Saudi Tv 2 has coverage in English, so perhaps it might be easier to follow.

Saudi time is 8 hours ahead of US central time.

Call to prayer (Adhaan) in Saudi is approximately at the following times (KSA time) these days (current schedule).

Fajr 5 am
Zuhr 12:10 pm
Asr 3:30 pm
Maghrib 6 pm
Isha 7:30 pm

Note : Prayer starts few minutes after the adhaan.

JazakAllah Brother BrotherInIslam7 for your links.

But sister JenGiove, these days Kabba (the Makkah Mosque) aka Haram, does not get filled. It gets filled either during Ramadan or at Hajj time when 3-4 Million Hajis come from all over the world.
So you may have to wait.

JenGiove

Munawar,

I'd have to wait till Jannah.....I'm not a Muslim and if I have learned correctly, Makkah is off-limits to non-Muslims.....(which makes me wonder how it is that so many documenteries about Hajj have been made and broadcast on American tv...)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Accept Islam and become muslim, sister Jen. You can then visit Makkah and worship Allah the way He commanded us to worship Him. Then you will earn the pleasure of Allah that will lead you eventually to Jannah. :)

This sounds like one happy happy story. :SMILY84:

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Masha'Allah - I went to Hajj with my husband about 7 years ago - I hope that Allah swt writes it again for our whole family. I miss it very much.

Your story is amazing Masha'Allah - it's true!! I wish I, too, could have seen the look on his face!

I only wish we could be so organised when lining up in public institutions to be served!!

Rabilu Haruna

Munawar:
Thank you for sharing this nice story.
May Allah give us the opportunity to be there.

Jen:
May Allah Azzawajal guide us to the right way.

:salah:

omahmed

Sister in Islam
I know - have you ever seen people forming a queue in an Arab country! :)
Everyone's in a hurry and can't wait- and it's not even a line, it's more like a wave of humans from all directions descending on the poor people at the desk. We need discipline at those times too.

JenGiove

hehehe...In the native tradition...we line up in a que as well, two by two!! lol! First the Eldest men, then the younger men, then the eldest women and the younger woman and then the children in the same order with a few of the strongest young men at the end to "protect" the movement of "tribe" from one encampment to another..<that's what it all symbolizes, in reality, we enter the dance ring/circle>.

JenGiove

It gets even more interesting...

At most powwows, within each of those groups you line up according to what regalia (native clothing) you are wearing and what style of dancing you are doing. If you are an elder man in traditional (made from leather and styled at 'pre-contact' era, then you get to stand before an elder man who is in 'fancy dance' (Buffalo Bill, post-contact) regalia.

Age is a HUGE factor as well. The same holds true for the women and the children.....it it only takes a few minutes to get organized because regalia is understood by all. We just know what to look for.

Once we enter the circle for regular dancing (vs what is called "Grand Entry") it is generally haram to pass between the center of the circle (where there is usually a prayer fire) and someone who is older than you, ESPECIALLY the elders! In some powwows, it is haram to pass an elder at all! No matter how slow they are dancing.

Their journey in this life has already been long and they deserve the respect of having the shortest distance around the circle and to be acknowledged for their wisdom and life. HOWEVER, if the elder chooses to dance on the far outside of the circle, it is halal to pass them, for they are choosing to dance the longest way. Whatever their reasons, either to signify that they HAVE traveled the longest or they are reviewing their life (each dance step is a prayer and a story) or they just like to watch the other dancers....it is their choice and we respect that as well.

Some people choose to stop their dancing and dance with the elder. If an elder enters the circle as people are passing the entrance gate (the East Gate) then people approaching dance in place to allow the elder in. If the elder has problems walking, then warriors who are dancing come to stand on each side and usually a woman (yes, in order of age if there is that option) will dance behind so as to help the elder and protect them from falls and uneven ground. BrotherInIslam7, you spoke about the sight of all your brother's and sister's in Makkah, I have seen hundreds of dancers line up in que, 2 by 2 behind an elder who could barely walk. A site to see! Fancy dancers with their feathers and bells and fringe colors spinning and hopping in place at the end of a line, women gently bobbing up and down straight as a board with their shawls and fringe swinging like prairie grasses in the wind and children silent and dancing either alone or beside their parents.