Are we suppose to join/Like Facebook groups opposing anti islamic groups???

tariq353

:salam2:

Hope by the grace of Allah all brothers n sisters r doing fine...

i wd like ur help in this matter..

manier time my muslim friends snd me reqst in FB to join/like Groups/causes regarding groups Opposing the disrespecting of islam in any way for eg "Removal of Pics of Prophet Mohammed(saw)"

but what i v noticed that the original group disrespecting islam is a small one while the group created to oppose goes mch bigger..

in this way that grp starts appearing agn a agn on the side bar making it visible to friends in list .. arent we publicising these anti islamic group indirectly...???

plz have ur say over this.. i wd like to get some advise

Jazak allah khair

:)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

personally, i think it will have a negative impact if your purpose of using facebook is to give dawah.

when your friends clicks on the link through your profile, he may get to see some hatred comments by our brothers and sisters. further, what is the benefit of joining such groups when we cannot stop those unlucky ones from slandering against our prophet peace be upon him.

Thats my opinion. may Allah guide us all.

PS- i have a polytheist friend who supports the cause 'stop degrading Islam in facebook' or something similar. may Allah guide his heart to islaam.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikuim: Now I discard facebook. You will notice even Islamic groups on the Facebook have Muslims members with Non-Islamic usernames and not only that their profile reflects their photographs too,including by our sisters.

Aren't there many many platforms like TTI to discuss and even propagate basics of Islam to Non-Muslims.

Regards.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Assalam Alaikuim: Now I discard facebook. You will notice even Islamic groups on the Facebook have Muslims members with Non-Islamic usernames and not only that their profile reflects their photographs too,including by our sisters.

Aren't there many many platforms like TTI to discuss and even propagate basics of Islam to Non-Muslims.

Regards.

Can you please give some examples of non-Islamic usernames?

tariq353

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

personally, i think it will have a negative impact if your purpose of using facebook is to give dawah.

when your friends clicks on the link through your profile, he may get to see some hatred comments by our brothers and sisters. further, what is the benefit of joining such groups when we cannot stop those unlucky ones from slandering against our prophet peace be upon him.

Thats my opinion. may Allah guide us all.

PS- i have a polytheist friend who supports the cause 'stop degrading Islam in facebook' or something similar. may Allah guide his heart to islaam.

As salam wa alaikm wa rehmatullahu wa barkatuhu

Brother Kader.... i agree with u...actually even i cm to knw abt that there are such type of hate groups thru my friends, they join/like groups opposing hate groups n it keeps on popping(daily) on side bar "UR FRIEND LIKED THIS".
so similarly it mst be gng to others friends too(non muslims) in this way hate groups r getting indirect publicity thru muslims(well intention of our brothers is good).....but the end result is not good.

i think we shd ignore such type of hate groups there were/are/will remain people who hate islam without any/personal reason..

Allah has described such kind of people as (Quran 2:18)
Deaf, dumb and blind – so they will not return [to the right path].

The thing we can do is to try to clear the misconceptions and live our life as per Quran & sunnah n present it as an ideal to them...that look this is islam not what is mentioned in that group!

MAY ALLAH GIVE HIDAYAT TO UR POLYTHEIST FRIEND.....

Jazak allah khair

wa salam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum Dear All..

1st of you should unlike or leave anti islamic (pages and Group) ..
2nd:Report them as following

*report page/group
*Contains hate speech or attacks an individual
*targets religious group
*submit

163225_10150114377416454_565121453_7714941_1164525_n.jpg

<wasalam>

tariq353

Assalam Alaykum Dear All..

1st of you should unlike or leave anti islamic (pages and Group) ..
2nd:Report them as following

*report page/group
*Contains hate speech or attacks an individual
*targets religious group
*submit

<wasalam>

As salam wa alaikm,

jazak allah khair for ur post i think this is a better option.......

shukran

wa salam