ARE YOU FROM BIRMINGHAM ? ARE YOU A REVERT TO ISLAM ??

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
ARE YOU FROM BIRMINGHAM ? ARE YOU A REVERT TO ISLAM ??

THIS IS DEFO FOR YOU....

Islam can be a lonely place, but if you’re a revert its even lonelier, no friends or family understanding what you’re going through or why your prostrate 5 times a day or why you can only eat halal food... well there is in Birmingham we have a gathering every month at green lane masjid just for reverts because they know it’s hard. So please come along show your support to other Muslims sisters and make new friends!

Reverts Talk & Dinner

Date: Sunday 25th January 2009

Time: 4pm

Place: Green Lane Masjid – Old Masjid (Door E)

This month’s event will consist of:

‘My Story’ – Inspiring reflections from a revert sister

Main Lecture - How to increase your Imaan

Dinner

Please note that this is a revert sisters event only. All sisters who wish to participate must register by emailing [email protected]

Your contact details will be used ONLY by us to contact you via email and text message about news & events happening at Green Lane Masjid.

please come along and pass this on to other brummie reverts that there are other sisters out there!

Attachments

• 4.gif
    4.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 209

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
I received an email from a brother not so long ago asking why only reverts where invited.

a bit taken aback as I don’t organise the event i am simply attending and trying to spread the word i answered like all reverts would inshallah i told the truth to why i think that this is a revert only dinner and talk. And i would like to let you all know why.

it’s not victimising or leaving born Muslims out, but ,most born Muslims have family and friends who support them and go with them with their religion - most reverts don’t and are very very lonely!

i spent my last eid on TTI as i had no body in the world who i could spend Eid with, but i had plenty of Christmas offers which upsets me a great deal. So these monthly dinners and talks talk about the basics of Islam which born Muslims should know about and can always ask their mum and dad where we can’t. they also give us reverts a chance to meet others so we can organise ways to have fun, like i met a wonderful sister called Amy, leana, and ameala just to name the few, who has taken me to mosque, learnt me to pray and taught me so many valuable lesions because they have been reverted longer than me but have patients knowing what it is like as a revert. they have shown me so much compassion as a revert, that i don’t think a born Muslim could as they wouldn’t be on the same level of understanding due to they have got it all, we having to work for it. (no offensence) you weren’t learnt form a young age prayer and Arabic where i am learning at 20 which believe me is a dam hard job as i am juggling being a student, working, and doing all my obligations as a Muslim!

So i feel strongly about this issue as why born Muslims weren’t invited to this dinner as reverts may get shy and can get intimidated very easily. So need a lot of patients and kindness just like i get shown by my revert sisters.

This was my reply to the brother

"Brother I am not the organiser simply the messenger passing on this sooo all reverts like myself have a chance to go and are not on their own in front of the PCS all day on websites like this, many reverts have not even entered a mosque sadly. So it gives them a chance to integrate in to Muslim society. Some born Muslim sisters can be harsh and look down on reverts. So it’s a chance to come together and share stories of reversions and make friends etc the go out to the big wide Muslim world and take born Muslims who are sometimes worse than western people.

I too wish that I may bring non reverts, born Muslims but I understand why I understand both sides."

i am not trying to be nasty but it’s how we feel as reverts scared, intimated and very very alone!

May Allah help all reverts and born Muslims

Revert sister

Yvette

umaisha

umaisha

salaamalakium sister im having problems trying to email you about tomorrow iv reverted with my 3 children to islam 3 years ago and find it realy hard pleazzzzz get in touch