Are you getting ready?????

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my respected brothers and sisters in Islam

Are You Getting Ready?​
Allah says, in Surah Fajr:

فَأَمَّا الْإِنسَانُ إِذَا مَا ابْتَلَاهُ رَبُّهُ فَأَكْرَمَهُ وَنَعَّمَهُ فَيَقُولُ رَبِّي أَكْرَمَنِ
وَأَمَّا إِذَا مَا ابْتَلَاهُ فَقَدَرَ عَلَيْهِ رِزْقَهُ فَيَقُولُ رَبِّي أَهَانَنِ
Translation: And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, “My Lord has honored me.” But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, “My Lord has humiliated me.” [Surah Fajr, verses 15-16]

You’ll notice here, Allah is commenting on the mentality of the human race. When Allah gives … the human being says: “My Lord has honoured me.”

Because it’s all about wealth … money … dunya. This is the metric we use. You see the president of a country? You’re very respectful. If the same president was a homeless bum asking you for change? You wouldn’t even look at him. We equate money with respect and honour … as Allah points out.

And the flip side? When Allah constrains the rizq, the human being says: “My lord has humiliated me.”

Notice … really notice, this person, what is his metric of honour or humiliation? It’s money. Wealth. Dunya! Nothing but shallow, shiny dunya, that will come to an end in a day or two, or maybe a year or two.

Lesson: The test starts in the good times, not just in the bad times. We recognize that 9/11 was a test; but we don’t realize that 9/10 and 9/9 and all those other days were a test, too–a test of thankfulness. But, as we saw in Surah ‘Ala, and again we’ll see in Surah ‘Aadiyaat, human beings prefer dunya over akhirah. They’re not thankful.

Then Allah says:

كَلَّا!​

Kalla! A very strong, emphatic no–the same word you use if your child pulls something hot off the stove. Allah says: this understanding is wrong. Dead wrong. And in ayah 20, Allah says:

وَتُحِبُّونَ الْمَالَ حُبّاً جَمّاً​

Translation: And you love wealth with immense love.

Again, the theme of wealth, appearing again and again. So where is this going? Allah continues:

كَلَّا إِذَا دُكَّتِ الْأَرْضُ دَكّاً دَكّاً
وَجَاء رَبُّكَ وَالْمَلَكُ صَفّاً صَفّاً
وَجِيءَ يَوْمَئِذٍ بِجَهَنَّمَ يَوْمَئِذٍ يَتَذَكَّرُ الْإِنسَانُ وَأَنَّى لَهُ الذِّكْرَى
يَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي قَدَّمْتُ لِحَيَاتِي​

Kalla! When the earth has been leveled - pounded and crushed - and your Lord has come and the angels, rank upon rank, and brought [within view], that Day, is Hell - that Day, man will remember, but what good to him will be the remembrance? He will say, “Oh, I wish I had sent ahead [some good] for my life.” [Surah Fajr, verses 21-14]

It goes to the Day of Judgment. Kalla! when the earth has been pounded (dukkat), dakkan dakka–with a pounding after pounding after pounding. Grammatically, it’s not emphasis–it’s pounding after pounding.

“And your Lord comes, with the angels, saffan saffa,” lines after lines of angels. How many angels? In one hadith, the Messenger of Allah said: “Hell will be brought forth that Day by means of seventy thousand ropes, each of which will be held by seventy thousand angels.”[Saheeh Muslim]. Do the math–that’s almost 5 billion angels. That’s a lot of angels! What an enormous creation Hellfire is!

And then Allah says: “That Day, man will remember, but what good to him will be the remembrance?” This is the end-result. The why of sending all the prophets, the reason behind all those MSA events, halaqahs, classes, conferences, khutbahs … reminder after reminder, but we just don’t want to be reminded. That day, we will feel the reminder, when we see the Day of Judgment, and all its doings.

One last point to conclude, is that the human says “hayaatiy,” my life, when he feels sad about what his hands sent forward. Why? Because this is his real life. This is what life is–dunya is only a testing-grounds for 10, 20, maybe 50 or 70 years, then life, real life, begins. And we already discussed what kind of life the people of Hellfire are in, wa na’oodhubillah, may Allah protect us from that evil end.

This is a wake-up call to all those parents who don’t let their sons and daughters fast in Ramadan for fear of failing exams; to all those employees who won’t go to jumu’ah for fear of losing their jobs; to all those students who refuse to talk to their professors to get five minutes out for salah in the middle of an exam and choose to miss it.

You won’t ruin your life

… but you might ruin your afterlife. And that’s the real life, khaalideena fiyhi abadan, for ever and ever and ever without end.

Source: www.ilmfruits.com

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum,

Thankx! for the message, nice read and definatly a wake up call :)

Walaikumasalam

IbnAdam77

Assalamualaikum,

Thankx! for the message, nice read and definatly a wake up call :)

Walaikumasalam

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You are most welcome my dear brother. :)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalmu Alaikum:)

SubhanaAllah! this is truely a wake up call, subhanaAllah, please more threads like this akhi fiAllah...
to all those students who refuse to talk to their professors to get five minutes out for salah in the middle of an exam and choose to miss it.
SubahanAllah, this speaks to me:( may Allah forgive me inshaAllah, with your post and with an advice from a bro I am definately changing. JazakaAllah khairan for this.
Allah hafiz now and always:)

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN
assalamualaikum brother,
jazakallah khairan for sharing this message with us.
We have just finished studying the tafseer of surah fajr in my madrasa,and i must say it really is very interesting.

IbnAdam77

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Assalmu Alaikum:)

SubhanaAllah! this is truely a wake up call, subhanaAllah, please more threads like this akhi fiAllah...
SubahanAllah, this speaks to me:( may Allah forgive me inshaAllah, with your post and with an advice from a bro I am definately changing. JazakaAllah khairan for this.
Allah hafiz now and always:)

MashaAllah it is really a great happiness to see my brothers and sisters are benefiting. BaarakiAllahu khair dear sister.

assalamualaikum brother,
jazakallah khairan for sharing this message with us.
We have just finished studying the tafseer of surah fajr in my madrasa,and i must say it really is very interesting.

BaarakiAllahu khair dear sister. How true is the word of Allah.

fada_all

salam alikom

just a few days i listened to a lecture by an imam which talk so much about -assalah-the important of praying at the exact time whereas if one pray after the exact time it will never be accepted and the prefering of duniya in contarst to akhirah............... , ...wallahi wallah you have masha allah a very good post so far all your thread are very beneficial brother , in fact im not praising you brother but masha allah this the reality , may allah reward you the hightest palce in al jannah and all muslims... JAZAKA ALLAH KHIR KATIR

salam alikom