As-Salamu Alaykum some christians say the Trinity is 1 God ?

Fatima Amenda

Sister Fatima, forgive me for saying that for someone who professes a wish not to argue you are trying hard to insults that are not in my posts. My remarks were not addresses to you personally and please accept my apologies if you thought they were. I meant in general terms muslims seek to discredit the Bible, this is clear from the many posts on this forum. I don't know why this need be so, for if the majority of members are muslims, which is the case ya...they will all hold the same view of other faiths. By the rules Christians as myself are somehow hampered giving replies if not wishing to go against the rules of interfaith debate. When does a discourse became a debate? I'm not sure on this point. So why the need to discredit the faiths of others?

Regarding my post 14 above, you replied which is fine, but my reply was in response to another's question. It was not meant as an affront to yourself or what you choose to believe. You are making the assumption that I am not familiar with the Essa or Isa of the Quran. I am, and in my opinion it is not Yeshua.

It is clear to me that the Quran totally misrepresents the Messiah. The very idea of Yahweh having a son in the manner portrayed in the Quran is blasphemous and offensive. Never have Christians believed that Yahweh took Mary as consort to produce a "son". Surely not even Catholics believe this.

Just accept we hold different beliefs and it is for Yahweh alone to decide the rights and wrongs of our choices which we will answer for at the end of days. best we can do is live in Peace and love each other in the Spirit of Yahweh. Because we are nothing without love.

Peace and Blessings. C x

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Cariad correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to be a Jehovas witness?

Also, other Christian sects consider Jesus to be God, and they have no quarrels in directing their worship towards him.

Muslims do not believe that God created the world through Christ, nor do we believe in the original sin.

Islam is pure monotheism. If a person sins, they repent, and only Allah forgives.

Cariad

With respect Mabsoot, I have to correct you. I am not a Jehovah's Witness. :D where you get the idea that I do not believe the mainstream doctrine of Christianity? Yahweh, Yeshua the Holy Spirit one and the same in essence. NOT..three separate deities. Which I believe is how you see the Godhead. This is not hard for me as I believe nothing is impossible for God, it's not seemly to measure God by our understanding.

It is your prerogative not to believe in original sin, but Yahweh showed that he is just, he gave us laws to live by because he knew we by our nature are sinful creatures. When we sin according to his Holy law we place a veil between us and cut ourselves off from Gods Holiness. God is Holy, no mistake. Just as God is merciful he has to be just, there has to be atonement for sin..that was ordained by Gods law for man from the beginning.

Christ was our atonement, I'm not sure how you atone for sin according to Gods law. Good deeds alone is not enough. I agree that only God can forgive our sins and we have to truly repent in order for him to do so.

Oh..a small agreement..ya. :D

Fatima Amenda

Sister Fatima, forgive me for saying that for someone who professes a wish not to argue you are trying hard to insults that are not in my posts. My remarks were not addresses to you personally and please accept my apologies if you thought they were. I meant in general terms muslims seek to discredit the Bible, this is clear from the many posts on this forum. I don't know why this need be so, for if the majority of members are muslims, which is the case ya...they will all hold the same view of other faiths. By the rules Christians as myself are somehow hampered giving replies if not wishing to go against the rules of interfaith debate. When does a discourse became a debate? I'm not sure on this point. So why the need to discredit the faiths of others?

Regarding my post 14 above, you replied which is fine, but my reply was in response to another's question. It was not meant as an affront to yourself or what you choose to believe. You are making the assumption that I am not familiar with the Essa or Isa of the Quran. I am, and in my opinion it is not Yeshua.

It is clear to me that the Quran totally misrepresents the Messiah. The very idea of Yahweh having a son in the manner portrayed in the Quran is blasphemous and offensive. Never have Christians believed that Yahweh took Mary as consort to produce a "son". Surely not even Catholics believe this.

Just accept we hold different beliefs and it is for Yahweh alone to decide the rights and wrongs of our choices which we will answer for at the end of days. best we can do is live in Peace and love each other in the Spirit of Yahweh. Because we are nothing without love.

Peace and Blessings. C x
You know Jewish would be offended to you referring to their sacred name for G-D is Yahweh, they only say and spell G-D.

Fatima Amenda

When the Christian’s call Jesus alayhi wasallam ‘the Saviour’ who or what do they believe he is ‘saving’ them from? God? Why would Jesus alayhi wasallam need to save people from God? Do Christians truly believe God is cruel and unjust? I always wondered when I was a Christian if Jesus alayhi wasallam pays for our sins, this means we are free from sin, so why do Christians then need to go to church, confess and repent? It means they believe they are incapable of sin which means they are not in need of forgiveness? If it’s for original sin like they said, again, why they need to repent if they believe they are sinless. This why I was a very confused person growing up, it just didn’t make sense. And they say Muslims think we are perfect, a Muslim is the first to say we are not perfect that is why we pray and repent so much!

Cariad

Fatima, you used to be Christian? You must know then that Christians do not believe that we are free to sin as we will and will automatically receive forgiveness simply through the atonement of Christ. Only Catholics go to church and confess there sins..I do not believe any man on earth has the power to forgive our sins. Only God himself can do that. We are all human ya..so all are prone to sin.

We need to repent before God for our sins, Blood atonement is Gods by will to cover for our sin, this he ordained as law from beginning for the Jewish people, as they are the promised people of God. Through the convenient with Christ this grace was also made so for the Gentiles, Jews and all who accepted this gift.

No one is sinless...except for Christ. Not me not you. I had never heard that Muslims thought to be perfect, I don't think this is so as we are all human in nature. This does not need be a big problem, here we have difference of opinion..it is nothing before God who not only sees all but knows what is in our heart before we know it ourselves. I take my salvation with Gods grace given through Christ, along with living my life as best I can to be to be good and true and strive to live my life as free from sin as I can, for my weakness I throw myself upon Gods mercy secure in his love for me that he would not wish a soul who tried their best with the time they had to perish. That is my way, everyone else must make their own, ya.

No offence meant to any Jewish brothers and sister here..may hap I should have left out the vowels..YHWH. but thank you for pointing it out.

Peace and Blessings C x

Fatima Amenda

Although I can understand your love of Prophet Jesus alayhi wasallam as my love never died for him, in fact my love for him and his message increased because I am Muslim but the understanding in Christianity is Jesus alayhi wasallam atones for the sins of humanity, which means he himself makes the sacrifice for what we do wrong and confesses them to God and reconciles the sin of man with God the Creator, in essence this is saying God the Creator is not a just and merciful God if someone needs to come between man the Creation of the Almighty Powerful God and his Creation. This is something that goes against the laws set by God himself in the Scriptures and logically it does not make sense. The God I worship and trust and love and fear with all my heart and soul is a just God and will decide my fate on the day of Judgement based on how I submitted and worshiped only Him and believed in his last Seal of the Prophets who guided humanity to the right way of life in every aspect of living that pleases the Creator. What you are denying is a book, the Qur'an, that is the final and uncorrupted revelation and truth sent through Angel Gabriel to the Prophet. You are denying a the Truth, but Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala guides whom he will and sends astray whom he will. Islam is the right and only way to salvation as all the Prophets before Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam lived the same.

I should ask you, the first Thursday evening of every month, do you prostrate for one hour without lifting your head from 11pm to 12am because Jesus alayhi wasallam told his Christians followers to do this. If you are going to follow your Prophet you should you not then be celibate, should you not then sell all your worldly goods and walk only with the poor relying Only on the mercy and faith of God to feed, shelter and cloth you as Jesus alayhi wasallam told the man when he asked how to inherit the kingdom of Heaven? This is what I see with Christians, they say they follow Jesus alayhi wasallam but do they really? Only to the cross and it this is when Jesus alayhi wasallam stated in the Gospels about those who take him to the cross, here comes my betrayers and the sinners. He also stated he doesn't sit with the righteous, only with the sinners because it's the sick that needs the physician. Matthew 9:12

Fatima Amenda

Fatima, you used to be Christian? You must know then that Christians do not believe that we are free to sin as we will and will automatically receive forgiveness simply through the atonement of Christ. Only Catholics go to church and confess there sins..I do not believe any man on earth has the power to forgive our sins. Only God himself can do that. We are all human ya..so all are prone to sin.

We need to repent before God for our sins, Blood atonement is Gods by will to cover for our sin, this he ordained as law from beginning for the Jewish people, as they are the promised people of God. Through the convenient with Christ this grace was also made so for the Gentiles, Jews and all who accepted this gift.

No one is sinless...except for Christ. Not me not you. I had never heard that Muslims thought to be perfect, I don't think this is so as we are all human in nature. This does not need be a big problem, here we have difference of opinion..it is nothing before God who not only sees all but knows what is in our heart before we know it ourselves. I take my salvation with Gods grace given through Christ, along with living my life as best I can to be to be good and true and strive to live my life as free from sin as I can, for my weakness I throw myself upon Gods mercy secure in his love for me that he would not wish a soul who tried their best with the time they had to perish. That is my way, everyone else must make their own, ya.

No offence meant to any Jewish brothers and sister here..may hap I should have left out the vowels..YHWH. but thank you for pointing it out.

Peace and Blessings C x

Fatima Amenda

Peace and Blessings C x

Adam alayhi wasallam had to sin so Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala could show mankind how to repent and earn forgiveness and teach to resist temptation that Iblis is always there waiting to take away those of mankind who do not use their freewill to submit to God only. Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is the best of planners and knows what we know not nor can we understand why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala plans the way he plans, we are to accept the greatness of his power and submit to his will. To say there is original sin to be atoned for is to say God the Creator has no power over his creation and why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala allowed Adam alayhi wasallam to sin or he would have stopped him and man would be in perfection, but that is not logical, Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is logic even if we do not have the capacity to understand this logic we cannot deny it or then we are disbelievers in God the All Powerful Creator

Fatima Amenda

I do not wish to debate this matter I respect your right to hold different view to my own, that is same for everybody. But you are wrong to say Christianity got the Trinitarian concept from Hinduism. Their concept of Trinity is very different. Your Religion course must have told you that the three Abrahamic monotheist religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Sister if you believe that Allah is the very same God as Yahweh from the beginning of eternity, then I am content with that. For anything else is like window dressing..how we all worship is for each of us to decide our path, Yahweh gave us the choice. We only answer to Yahweh.

We should love and respect each other not saying nasty things about each others Holy Books and thinking one is better person than another. This is not Yahweh's way. As long as we hold God in our heart it does not matter what name you call him by..Yahweh knows who he is..he is all knowing, ya.. He does not need us, but we need him.

Peace and Blessings. C x

There is more symbolism in the Gospels for those who take thought then there is the written word of God given to Jesus alayhi wasallam and reasons why they are called passages. The Qur'an is straightforward and confirming word of God without corruption, the miracle of the Qur'an for those who have experienced the Qur'an is irrefutable

Fatima Amenda

Peace and Blessings C x

Cariad, you seem like a very intelligent man with much love for God, you may be interested in searching out a better understanding then I can give, I am no scholar, and register for Dr. Bilal Philips free online University studies course. Muslims and Non Muslims take this who are looking for a deeper understanding of our Creator and an understanding of Islam. If you begin and don't think is for you, you can unregister at anytime, but you should read his course material, even if it's the first module I think you would enjoy this and may help you understand Islam better Insha'Allah. May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep us all guided to peace and serenity in this life so we can reach the next ... Ameen

http://www.fanarinstitute.com/opencampus/

Fatima Amenda

Peace and Blessings C x

Here is also an excellent read by Dr. Bilal Philips Insha'Allah you will enjoy

http://www.bilalphilips.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/pcreation.pdf

Fatima Amenda

Peace and Blessings C x

Just to express my last thought, I do not deny Jesus alayhi wasallam saved people by healing them or raised them from the dead or that he is not born from Virgin Mary,and I believe he will be sent back to rid the world of disbelievers and kill the Dajjal, but what I believe and understand is Jesus alayhi wasallam could not do this without the permission of Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and to say he could puts him as equal to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and Jesus alayhi wasallam never claimed he could do anything without the permission of Allah Subana wa Ta'ala, I also do not believe he went to the cross but instead was replaced by one of his disciples who when asked volunteered to take up the cross in place of Jesus alayhi wasallam as taught in Islam. Jesus alayhi wasallam also taught his followers to submit to the will of Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala. 'Thy will be done'

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Suban'Allah When I began studying Islam I recognized Islam for the truth because of the Gospels and message of Jesus alayhi wasallam although as a Christian I didn't understand what it meant to submit to God nor did I understand accountability for my own sins, nor did I understand what it meant as only One God as Jesus alayhi wasallam spoke about in the Gospels being the Father, and so I would only throughout my life pray Only to God, not to Jesus alayhi wasallam because Jesus alayhi wasallam never told us to pray to him, nor did he tell us to pray to anyone else so why I was confused people prayed to Jesus alayhi wasallam or made him God or of being equal to God. So you see my brother why I chose Islam, (or really why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala forgave me, answered my prayers for peace of mind and serenity and chose Islam for me) it is the right way and as a revert at times difficult because Islam is definitely a spiritual cleansing journey and must do much soul searching and learning and praying to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala so not to be pulled away from the truth.

May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep us all guided and protected from the fire of Hell. Ameen

Cariad

Although I can understand your love of Prophet Jesus alayhi wasallam as my love never died for him, in fact my love for him and his message increased because I am Muslim but the understanding in Christianity is Jesus alayhi wasallam atones for the sins of humanity, which means he himself makes the sacrifice for what we do wrong and confesses them to God and reconciles the sin of man with God the Creator, in essence this is saying God the Creator is not a just and merciful God if someone needs to come between man the Creation of the Almighty Powerful God and his Creation. This is something that goes against the laws set by God himself in the Scriptures and logically it does not make sense. The God I worship and trust and love and fear with all my heart and soul is a just God and will decide my fate on the day of Judgement based on how I submitted and worshiped only Him and believed in his last Seal of the Prophets who guided humanity to the right way of life in every aspect of living that pleases the Creator. What you are denying is a book, the Qur'an, that is the final and uncorrupted revelation and truth sent through Angel Gabriel to the Prophet. You are denying a the Truth, but Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala guides whom he will and sends astray whom he will. Islam is the right and only way to salvation as all the Prophets before Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam lived the same.

I should ask you, the first Thursday evening of every month, do you prostrate for one hour without lifting your head from 11pm to 12am because Jesus alayhi wasallam told his Christians followers to do this. If you are going to follow your Prophet you should you not then be celibate, should you not then sell all your worldly goods and walk only with the poor relying Only on the mercy and faith of God to feed, shelter and cloth you as Jesus alayhi wasallam told the man when he asked how to inherit the kingdom of Heaven? This is what I see with Christians, they say they follow Jesus alayhi wasallam but do they really? Only to the cross and it this is when Jesus alayhi wasallam stated in the Gospels about those who take him to the cross, here comes my betrayers and the sinners. He also stated he doesn't sit with the righteous, only with the sinners because it's the sick that needs the physician. Matthew 9:12

Permit me if you will to address the issues you raise and then we shall call it a day..Ya.

We can agree that Allah shares the same attributes as YHWH. We believe when YHWH created man we were created in his image and therefore were to be perfect. This is according to Bible understand. We were created with free will, because if one does not have the free will to worship YHWH out of choice and love then worship is useless because it is forced and not freely given from the heart. By exercising his free will Adam went against YHWH and committed the sin by eating of the tree he that was forbidden to him. At this point Adam ceased to be the perfect creation of YHWH and cut himself off from God. From your point of view.. Do you think Allah created Adam already flawed with the propensity to sin? Which would mean Allah would create an imperfect being. Why would Allah created the imperfect when it is easy within his power to create the perfect. So what we inherit from Adam the father of mankind is the sin of cutting oneself off from YHWH by the action of sin. Sin has to be paid for according to YHWHs law and YHWH decreed blood will wash away the sin. All through the 1500 years of the Torah this was clear practice. Which prepared for the ultimate sacrifice and mans salvation through the sinless blood of Christ. This enables us to stand before God and repent of OUR sins...not the sins of our fathers but ours alone, which we commit by our free will. We stand before God alone on judgement day.

What I am denying is your interpretation of the truth..not you personally of course but the muslim position. Because I do not accept on the evidence available that Mohammed was not a true Prophet. I could ask here..who declared Mohammed a Prophet of God? This does not exclude me from God. I accept all the prophets of the Bible if Mohammed was a prophet he would have been prophesied in the Bible, just as Yeshua was 1000 years before he came into the world. There is nothing in the Bible of Mohammed. I know muslims forever seek the verses to prove otherwise and use them out of context to prove otherwise...even the " Song of Solomon" !!! Which I'm sure if they understood the nature of the work they would not be seeing Mohammed's name here.

How I choose to worship my God is my affair and between myself and my creator. Do you believe in order to follow and respect a leader one has to emulate their every move? It is not possible for a muslim to emulate exactly the lifestyle of Mohammed in this day...Does that make them less a muslim? No of course it does not. So I do not have to be Yeshua in order to love him.

Cariad

And to say all the Prophets were without sin because they always repented and knew how to submit to God perfectly and thus why they were the leaders and Prophets chosen by Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala the Creator of all things in Heaven and Earth without partner

Being without sin is not the same as repenting ones sin. we can pray for God to forgive us when we commit a sin, but only at the end of days are we judged for those sins and atone for them accordingly. If born of natural parents then sin is inevitable.

Cariad

Adam alayhi wasallam had to sin so Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala could show mankind how to repent and earn forgiveness and teach to resist temptation that Iblis is always there waiting to take away those of mankind who do not use their freewill to submit to God only. Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is the best of planners and knows what we know not nor can we understand why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala plans the way he plans, we are to accept the greatness of his power and submit to his will. To say there is original sin to be atoned for is to say God the Creator has no power over his creation and why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala allowed Adam alayhi wasallam to sin or he would have stopped him and man would be in perfection, but that is not logical, Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala is logic even if we do not have the capacity to understand this logic we cannot deny it or then we are disbelievers in God the All Powerful Creator

I think I addressed this point previous. God has power over his creation..why would he not? God could have created man to be like robots, slaves with no will. However we are created with free will and the capacity for intelligent thought, so if we choose to accept God we worship freely out of love for him. That is the power of Gods creation and it is very logical. God could have made us slaves to him with no choice, which would have made God like a tyrant. By giving us our free will he knows that our worship is from the heart and sincere.

Cariad

There is more symbolism in the Gospels for those who take thought then there is the written word of God given to Jesus alayhi wasallam and reasons why they are called passages. The Qur'an is straightforward and confirming word of God without corruption, the miracle of the Qur'an for those who have experienced the Qur'an is irrefutable

There is very good reason why Christ often spoke in parables and so at first the meaning is not clear to us. We are encouraged to search the meaning and truth for ourselves. Only then do we know what a treasure we have when we find it.

The Quran does not always confirm the previous scriptures. It often seems at odds with them and gives a totally different meaning. Like YHWH would make a mistake..No impossible.

Cariad

Cariad, you seem like a very intelligent man with much love for God, you may be interested in searching out a better understanding then I can give, I am no scholar, and register for Dr. Bilal Philips free online University studies course. Muslims and Non Muslims take this who are looking for a deeper understanding of our Creator and an understanding of Islam. If you begin and don't think is for you, you can unregister at anytime, but you should read his course material, even if it's the first module I think you would enjoy this and may help you understand Islam better Insha'Allah. May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep us all guided to peace and serenity in this life so we can reach the next ... Ameen

http://www.fanarinstitute.com/opencampus/

Dear Fatima, I am actually a woman, I try to make the best of the intelligence I was blessed with..and yes..I have the utmost love for God because YHWH has always been there for me I will always love back. :)

Thank you for the link, I will check it out for reference. However I do wonder why Dr Bilal Phillips has been forbidden entry to so many countries. What is the nature of his lectures that causes governments to be cautious? In the UK there have been instances of muslims preaching hate towards the people of the country their share. This is very sad, it sets people against Islam which is wrong as it gives a wrong impression. :(

Cariad

Just to express my last thought, I do not deny Jesus alayhi wasallam saved people by healing them or raised them from the dead or that he is not born from Virgin Mary,and I believe he will be sent back to rid the world of disbelievers and kill the Dajjal, but what I believe and understand is Jesus alayhi wasallam could not do this without the permission of Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and to say he could puts him as equal to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and Jesus alayhi wasallam never claimed he could do anything without the permission of Allah Subana wa Ta'ala, I also do not believe he went to the cross but instead was replaced by one of his disciples who when asked volunteered to take up the cross in place of Jesus alayhi wasallam as taught in Islam. Jesus alayhi wasallam also taught his followers to submit to the will of Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala. 'Thy will be done'

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Suban'Allah When I began studying Islam I recognized Islam for the truth because of the Gospels and message of Jesus alayhi wasallam although as a Christian I didn't understand what it meant to submit to God nor did I understand accountability for my own sins, nor did I understand what it meant as only One God as Jesus alayhi wasallam spoke about in the Gospels being the Father, and so I would only throughout my life pray Only to God, not to Jesus alayhi wasallam because Jesus alayhi wasallam never told us to pray to him, nor did he tell us to pray to anyone else so why I was confused people prayed to Jesus alayhi wasallam or made him God or of being equal to God. So you see my brother why I chose Islam, (or really why Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala forgave me, answered my prayers for peace of mind and serenity and chose Islam for me) it is the right way and as a revert at times difficult because Islam is definitely a spiritual cleansing journey and must do much soul searching and learning and praying to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala so not to be pulled away from the truth.

May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep us all guided and protected from the fire of Hell. Ameen

Yeshua the man did what was ordained of him by YHWH. Everything was from YHWH. One of the biggest stumbling blocks for me personally with Islam is the position it takes on the crucifixion. It makes no sense at all. Everything in the previous scriptures prepares for this very event, there is strong historical evidence apart from the Bible that affirms it happened. Yet the Quran takes the position of allowing someone else to die in Christ's place. Thus robbing Christ of the fulfilment of his mission ordained by YHWH, yet worse still implies that YHWH the holiest of holies is a deceiver and cheat!!! There is no logical reason at all for this scenario.

Do you ever think why would YHWH give us a religion to divide us? I believe YHWH is love incarnate, his very nature was revealed in the man of Christ. Christ told us we are nothing without love. I will leave you with my favourite Bible verse on love..

Corinthians 1:13

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Peace and Blessings to you Fatima. I have enjoyed conversing with you.

Cx