As-Salamu Aleykom

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu Aleykom

I kinda need some advice....

I'm doing my honors degree in Pre-medical and Insha'Allah I'm persuing to study medicine and become a doctor someday.

this path may be long, but that is what I want to do, and I can be patient as long as I need. I also want to have family Insha'Allah, I don't want my life just to be persuing higher studies.

But the things get little scary, when a brother told me he would only marry me if I want to be a teacher not a doctor or "work oriented".

To be a doctor is what always wanted, because I love, and I have passion for that not because I want to be "work oriented person".

people I know are discouraging instead of encouraging and helping me to be stronger person in this society and persue my goals.

I kinda feel sometimes wonder and why?And sometimes they make me feel like at the end I will get nothing out of this..

Any advice?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Any advice?

hmmm... advice yes.

Eat Chocolate. :D

you never said it had to be helpful advice though, but hey it might make you happy! :)

Actually you could do Istikarah and then do what you think is best.

:wasalam:

umm hussain

asalam alaikum

i suggest you look for another brother who will appreciate your efforts to get a better education. I think we need more female doctors because going to non muslim doctors all the time especially men is not something we as muslim women feel comfortable with but dont have a choice most of the times. Be a doctor for the sake of Allah to help Muslim sisters especially and i recommend more and more sisters who can to study medicine and also with biological warfare we need someone to tell us what is really going on, inshallah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
assalamu alaikum sister!
no offence, but perhaps that brother didn't want you to have a greater role and a higher position than him in the society in the future. we are humans (as well as that brother) and sometimes can get jealous. so don't change for others. if a person (your future husband) is sincere, he will accept you for who you are which includes your ambitions as well as other qualities. as one sister suggested, look around.
Note: You have a great ambition. Don't give up. I pray to Allah (swt) to help you achieve what you are seeking (becoming a doctor, caring husband, nice family....and success in this world and hereafter).

Wassalam

fatimabilals

Assalamualaikum
Sister the ambition u have is a very good one. Serving other humans and saving them from death is very good. It is a noble thought. Instead of changing ambition try to change your mate.

salam

i think no one can really tell you what to do.

I guess your choice is between your future husband and to be a doctor

weight the two and see what is more important

i would suggest that you do voluntary hours in hospital and see if you really like to be a doctor.
then do your research and see what it takes to be a doctor (time it takes, money it cost, courses to take, ability it needs, ...)

in the other hand, is your future husband is a good muslim, is he the person that you can interact with for the rest of your life, ...

making a decision may take some time, don't get frustrated and take your time.
make salat instikara, and remember that Allah has a plan for you.

Destiny_Jannah

Jazzak-Allahu khair brothers and sisters for the advice. it's wonderful advice and great help May Allah reward you Insha'Allah.

brother Salam, I have volunteer hospitals, and I did other volunteering activity including schools. Allah knows what is best, but it all came down that I want to be a doctor Insha'Allah, and this journey started the age of 5 when my parents asked me what I wanted to be, and I remembered telling them that I want to be a doctor Insha'Allah.

I know we have to make sacrifices in order to achieve our goals and help others. Aslo is time consuming, and costs a lot Med school nowadays , but at the end Insha'Allah it will worth and you get Allah's reward and hasanat.

amyaishazouaoui

Becme a Doctor for the ummah

As man of our bros and sisters have already said....go for it, and find another better, more supportive brother for marriage!!!! They are out there. I know a sister who is a dctor and is married to a revert bro, she was working one day and she did some dawah on a patient of hers. Needless to say the patient came back to her some time later and declared the shahadah!!!!

Our ummah is not going to progress or go anywhere if we don' fill the spaces. Unfortuately many se womens role as stay at home or non high flier. If we want our youth to have role models, ambition in both dunya and akhira then we have to allow ourselves as women to be educated. The ummah needs to be self sufficient. We need doctors, teachers dentists cleaners mechanics etc. Nothing should stop us women educating ourselves and/or having careers. It is possible to to have a career and a family. We can take the examples of the past, just look at the wives of the prophet (saw)(ra). And we can look at examples in the present, eg Salma Yaqoob Yvonne Ridley etcetcetc

:wasalam:
A