Asalam Alakum wa Rahmet Allah

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:
As most of you might know that most public schools in the US dont have alot of books cantaining the Arab-Culture. As a Student in a public school i wanted to change that. i wanted everyone to learn about the Arab-Culture, so a couple of friends and I founded a club. Everyone found out about our club and were very interested in it and As president of the club I was asked to try to find out books about the Arab-Culture so we can order them for our school.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions of books that contain things about the Arab-Culture or Islam.

And please note that these books should be written in English.

Thank you,

arifngh

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM
To know Arab culture and the Islam practice as way of life, we can learn from the Living of Rasulullah, we should read "Sirah Nabawiyyah". The one book that talk and analysis the approach of Rasulullah da'wah and policy from the beginning of da'wah until Islam accepted in Mecca and Madinah.
Wassalam mualaikum

q8penpals

Salam - as a teacher, I know that in America, books on religion are currently a very touchy subject for schools. I would stick to books specifically about Arab countries and their culture, because inevitably they will mention Islam as part of the way of life. I think, honestly, that it will be difficult for you to have books specifically about Islam - I know the school district I last worked for in the US had to put all books that were specifically about religion in a special shelf and could only be checked out by teachers (this was because parents complained - and I might mention, they even had to remove the Christmas books even though the entire school was christian!).

Personally, I would recommend the "Cultures of the World" series of books - each book is a different country, so you could pick and choose Islamic countries and Arabic countries as you like. They are available on Amazon and are a bit pricey (because they are school-bound editions - meaning extra secure!), but maybe you can see if you have a parent/teacher organization that will contribute some, if you write up a nice proposal on why you think they books are needed.

Another good series is called "Enchantment of the world" series (again each book is a different country). This series is a bit cheaper, but it is a little bit lower reading level. You would have to search and find the specific books, and I think some are available as used books, if that is not a problem for you.

Another good search is to go to Amazon and to the children's book section, and just type "Islam" and you get some nice books that would not be overwhelming to have in a school.

Again, remember, religion is a touchy subject on a good day - in my state, they haven't had any Christmas, Easter, Halloween or other religous celebrations since I was in middle school. Do not try to start pushing onto people or you will just turn them off even more. Being available to answer questions openly and honestly, without "preaching" is the best approach.

Lana

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

In these days its always beneficial to be subtle with Daw'ah rather then in your face stuff; & off course the objective to get people interested/curious enough so they can continue on their quest themselves.

Jazakullah Khairun

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum..

Wellcome sister to TTI..enjoy ur stay..

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions of books that contain things about the Arab-Culture or Islam.

sister u should keep in ur mind that..

there isn't term use to diff bet muslim..we are one Culture..ok..it's not Arab-Culture but it's islam Culture..

Allah saied:

We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.
(34:28)

<wasalam>