asalamu alaikum

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/D..._Istakhara.htm

The site in question is quite HARDCORE SUFI oriented (artciles in Urdu are even more hardcore) and not sure where they have got the interpretation of colours & so on in Istikhara as it is not even in the books of Hanafi Madhab...I follow the HANAFI Madhab myself areeqa but this site is on the next level...

The dua is from the Hadeeth & the rest is from somewhere else....

Jazakullah Khairun

mahmoodulhaq y

pray 2 rakats and pray to allah about the thing dua of istikara and then sleep do this if u didnt dream up to 7 days and if u didnt saw anything at all thin in ur mind wil be good inshallah

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum My Dear Brother,

Masha'Allah! All praise be to Allah (SWT) who sent his Rasul (Sallalaho Alaihe Wassallam) with clear guidance (easy to follow) for mankind till the day of judgement.

Please also consider Shura (consultation) with people that you trust as it is also Sunnah...

97. Chapter: On the Istikhara and consultation

Allah says, "consult with them about the matter," (3:159)

and the Almighty says, "who manage their affairs by mutual consultation." (W42:35; H42:38)

718. Jabir said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to teach us the istikhara, asking for the good in all matters, as he would teach us a sura of the Qur'an. He said, 'When one of you is intending to do something, he should pray two rak'ats outside the obligatory prayer and then say, 'O Allah, I ask You for the best by Your knowledge and I ask You for strength by Your power and I ask You for some of Your immense bounty. You have power and I do not. You know and I do not. You are the Knower of the Unseen worlds. O Allah, if You know that this matter is good for me in my deen and my livelihood and the end of my affair (or he said, 'my affair sooner and later'), then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and then bless me in it. If You know that this matter is bad for me in my deen and my livelihood and the end of my affair (or he said, 'my affair sooner and later'), then avert it from me and avert me from it and ordain something better for me wherever it may lie and make me content with it.' He added, 'Then he should name the thing he wants to do.'" [al-Bukhari]

Jazakullah Khairun

Aref

salam alaikum.

the basic idea of how to to perforn salatul istikhara is like this:
u should:

1.make intention of praying 2 rakat of salatul istikhara.(u can recite any sura)

2.try not to think of the issue during the prayer

3.after the prayer is finished praise ALLAh, send durood on the prophet Moammad (sala allahu alaihi wa sallam) ask forgivenes for your sins and then read the doa of istikhara.

4.if u get no answer repeat it every day for 3,5 or 7 days.

5.remember that the answer comes not only in a dream (even if we like it the most),it also comes as a feeling towards or against the matter, and also comes in the form of ease or dificulty in the process.(meaning, like obstacles come in the way of acomplishing the task or in the opposite way, the obstacles are removed easily).

6.if u do not know the doa in arabic u can also say it in your language ALLAh is as-sami.
the doa of istikhara has this meaning:

oh ALLAH with your knoledge i seek the good and with your power i seek ability and your mighty favor, for certainly you have power and i don't have, you know and i do not know, and you know the unseen,oh ALLAH in your knoledge if this matter (here mention the issue) is good for me in this dunia and in the akhira then let it be for me, make it easy for me, and bless me in it, and if it is bad for me in this dunia and in the akhira then keep it away from me and keep me away from it and give the good wherever it may be and make me happy with it.

i hope that this is of any help and that all your goals are reached with great ease.

salam alaikum.
Aref.

acedoc

Dua Istikahra

:salam2: wa rahmatullah wa barakkatuh

First of all, Masha Allah, congratulations! on Accepting Islam.

Prophet (sws) taught Dua Al Istikhara as if it were a verse from the Qura'n to his companions.

Jabir bin Abdullah (RA) said: The Prophet (SAW) used to teach us to seek Allah's Counsel in all matters, as he used to teach us a Surah from the Qur'an. He would say: When anyone of you has an important matter to decide, let him pray two Rak'ahs other than the obligatory prayer, and then say:

74. Allaahumma 'innee 'astakheeruka bi'ilmika, wa 'astaqdiruka biqudratika, wa 'as'aluka min fadhtikal-'Adheemi, fa'innaka taqdiru wa laa 'aqdiru, wa ta'lamu, wa laa 'a'lamu, wa 'Anta 'Allaamul-Ghuyoobi, Allaahumma 'in kunta ta'lamu 'anna haathal-'amra-[then mention the thing to be decided] Khayrun lee fee deenee wa ma'aashee wa 'aaqibati 'amree - [or say] 'Aajilihi wa 'aajilihi - Faqdurhu lee wa yassirhu lee thumma baarik lee feehi, wa 'in kunta ta'lamu 'anna haathal-'amra sharrun lee fee deenee wa ma'aashee wa 'aaqibati 'amree - [or say] 'Aajilihi wa 'aajilihi - Fasrifhu 'annee wasrifnee 'anhu waqdur liyal-khayra haythu kaana thumma 'ardhinee bihi.

O Allah, I seek the counsel of Your Knowledge, and I seek the help of Your Omnipotence, and I beseech You for Your Magnificent Grace. Surely, You are Capable and I am not. You know and I know not, and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know that this matter [then mention the thing to be decided] is good for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, - [or say: in this life and the afterlife] - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if You know that this matter is bad for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, - [or say: in this life and the afterlife] - then distance it from me, and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it may be, and help me to be content with it.

Whoever seeks the counsel of the Creator will not regret it and whoever seeks the advice of the believers will feel confident about his decisions . Allah said in the Qur'an :

"And consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision , put your trust in Allah."

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/162. and Aal-'Imran 3:159.

In any decision making it is helpful. You will pray two Supra-obligatory rakah of salat (prayers that is non-obligatory) and then in the last Tashahud ( just before saying the salam you may say your Istikhara supplication) Please see here for the correct transliterations and meanings of this supplication. May Allah guide you in making a decision which is best for your deen, this world's affairs and more imporatntly next world as well. Ameen.

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=26

acedoc

please avoid giving unauthentic info

:salam2:

Aref said, ""remember that the answer comes not only in a dream (even if we like it the most),it also comes as a feeling towards or against the matter, and also comes in the form of ease or dificulty in the process.(meaning, like obstacles come in the way of acomplishing the task or in the opposite way, the obstacles are removed easily).""

There is NO hadith which says thata muslim may see adream about an affair taht he/she had made Istikhara dua (supplication) upon. Please do not spread incorrect and unauthentic information.

Please see the following link on this issue:

http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=410&ln=eng&txt=dua Isti

Repeating Istikhaarah prayer and experiencing a dream

Question:
Assalam-alai-kum,
I was just going to ask wether looking up "Istikarrah"
to get a dream when you sleep about a certain question is
recommended and if so how many times should i do "Istikarrah"
to be sure of what to decide on.
Shukaran.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with repeating Istikhaarah if a person is still not sure what to do. Al-’Allaamah al-Mubaarakpoori said: "Is it liked (mustahabb) to repeat salaat and du’aa’ about a particular issue if one is still confused as to whether it is right to do it or not do it? Al-’Iraaqi said: It seems to be something liked." (Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 2/593)

If a person performs Istikhaarah properly, according to Sharee’ah, then he should proceed with the intended action and not wait for a dream or whatever. Many people think that if a person performs Istikhaarah then sleeps straight afterwards, he will see the result in a dream, but this is not correct. A person may do that but not see anything at all in his dream.

For this reason the Muslim should be content with what Islaam has brought, and make a decision based on wisdom. He should consult knowledgeable and intelligent people whom he trusts, study the matter in depth and see which is the best course for him to take. If he decides to do a certain thing or is inclined towards a certain course of action, then he should pray Istikhaarah as it is prescribed in Islaam, then go ahead with the action, trusting that Allaah will choose what is best for him.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

We understand that by saying Dua Istikhara we seek the blessing of Allah that what ever we decide (in halal afafirs only) Allah will make that decsion the best fro our life in both worlds. Yes, some people may get a certain feeling as to what option may be the best given their circumstances.

Jazak Allah Khairan

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but this is an email I sent someone...

ISTIKHAARAH

WHAT IS ISTIKHAARAH?

Istikhaarah is to seek guidance from Allah when one is faced with a problem to which no solution is apparent.

Whenever a person is faced with a difficult problem, or becomes hesitant in making a decision and his knowledge of the matter is insufficient to guide him then after seeking advice from trusted friends he should turn to Allah and beseech His grace. He should willingly and with an open heart and mind supplicate for divine guidance and ask for direction so that the problem is solved in his own best interest. The Du'aa at such an occasion is called Istikhaarah.

Istikhaarah is in fact an invaluable teaching of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) with which the Muslims have been favoured. This blessing could give solace to many for all times to come. It is related in the Hadith that Rasulullah (SAW) use to teach the Istikhaarah to the Sahaabah (RA) like the Qur'an is taught to children. In another Hadith it is stated that 'He does not fail who makes Istikhaarah and he does not regret who makes Mashwarah (consultation).

In the Masnoon Istikhaarah, after one has carried out his responsibility as best as one can, one should hand over the entire matter and oneself to the limitless knowledge of Allah Ta'ala. By resorting to Istikhaarah one is now retrieved of making a decision on ones own.

Whenever counsel is sought from a respectable and experienced person, it is expected that he will give good advise and assist to the best of his ability. Similarly Istikhaarah is to seek counsel that the all-Knowing and Merciful Allah? Once Istikhaarah is made then Allah Ta'ala will surely guide him to do what is best for him.

Now there can be no perplexity. Only that will happen which Allah Ta'ala wills and which is good for ones own sake though one may not be able to see it immediately. It is not necessary that one must experience or see an evident change or vision. Allah Ta'ala alone knows what is best for His servants. It is related in the Hadith that 'Success and good tidings for the son of Aadam (Insaan) is in performing Istikhaarah and his misfortune lies in not making Istikhaarah'.

METHOD OF ISTIKHAARAH

When making Istikhaarah begin with performing two Rakaats Nafl Salaat. Then with all sincerity recite the following Du'a.

attachment.php

Allaahumma innee astakheeruka bi ilmika wa-astaqdiruka biqudratika wa-as'aluka min fadhlika al-adheem. Fa innaka taqdiru walaa aqdiru. Wa ta'lamu walaa a'alamu wa anta allaamul ghuyoob. Allaahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna haadhal-amr khayrun liy fiy deeniy wa-ma'aashiy wa-aaqibat amriy, fa'qdruhliy wa-yassirh liy thumma baarik liy feehi. Wa in-kunta ta'lamu anna haadhal amr sharrun liy fiy deeniy wa-ma'aashiy was-'aaqibat amriy. Fa asrifh annee wa-srif 'anhu. Wa aqdurh liyal khayr hayth kaana thumma a-rdhiniy bihee

Trans: O Allah!! Behold I ask You the good through Your Knowledge, and ability through Your Power, and beg (Your favour) out of Your infinite Bounty. For surely You have Power; I have none. You know all; I know not. You are the Great Knower of all things.
O Allah! If in Your Knowledge this matter be good for my faith (Deen), for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then ordain it for me, and make it easy for me, and bless me therein.
But if in Your Knowledge, this matter be bad for my faith (Deen) for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away therefrom, and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased therewith.

While reciting this Du'aa when one reaches HAADHAL AMR (THIS MATTER) at both places he should think of his problem.

May Allah guide and assist us all, Aameen.

:wasalam:

Attachments

• istikarhaa dua.gif
    istikarhaa dua.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 859

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum All,

I think we are all Mash'allah pretty much saying the same thing MINUS the colours in the dreams...

Aref

slam alaikum
If you see mi reply, in there i mention that the answer to the salat ul-istikhara comes usualy in any of those forms i did not said that a dream is what you should be looking for, just that is one way (not, the way) in wich Allah ta-ala may answer that prayer.

don't be hasty to answer or reply specially from link's in the internet,

PD.I i do not answer from mi pocket, please try to reply in a way that does not ofend people.
jazakalla jair

and ALLAH knows best.
Aref.

Aref

slam alaikum
If you see mi reply, in there i mention that the answer to the salat ul-istikhara comes usualy in any of those 3 forms, i did not said that a dream is what you should be looking for, just that is ONE WAY in wich Allah ta-ala may answer that prayer.

don't be hasty to answer or reply specially from link's in the internet,

PD. I do not answer from mi pocket,and please, try to reply in a way that does not ofend people.

jazakalla jair

and ALLAH knows best.
Aref.