Assad Forces Kill 78 Sunni Civilians in Homs, 12 Bodies Burned Alive

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Welcome to the future brother....

I am an independent woman. The only One who has rights over me is Allah subhana wa taala.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

I am kind. My kindness and compassion are not at issue here.

The issue is to comprehend why the world seems aloof as the Syrians slaughter themselves. I am presenting a point of view, which may be unpopular, but, nevertheless very valid. The events unfolding today are not random. You need to review the events of the past sixty years, at least to gain any comprehension.

Many ask and blame other Muslims for not intervening.You need to study why they have not. You need to examine what the big picture is; the political world. That is one level.

On another level and this is where it gets dead serious. The behaviors of those that are under the umbrella of the freedom fighters is not correct. That is not how battle is made. Think about it. What is missing? Who have the freedom fighters made pacts with. And what price has the future been sold for?

Take a moment and read about the English journalist. There are mercenaries. Is that Islamic, to hire a mercenary? Why are their videos of alive men portrayed as martyrs?

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Sister, you and I are not worth the slippers of those brave fighters. Those are men and women and children who stood up and said "Bashar al Assad is NOT God, and there is no god but Allah." Have you ever lived in Syria?

I was born there. My own father was dragged out of his home in the middle of the night and was beaten to half death because his younger brother refused to sell the governmental agents cola in my grandfather's store. Cola used to be packaged in glass bottles and the bottles themselves have more value than their contents. Those criminals would buy cola, and not return the bottles. Instead, they would sell them for profit.

And you say people like my dad made a pact with the devil? People like my dad didn't even VOTE for those pigs to be in power. The West put them there and people like my dad are trying to get them out.

It is those people like my dad who the Prophet Jesus,a.s, will descend to protect.

What mercenaries do you speak of? The only outsiders I read about are the Iranians and Iraqis and South Lebanese who are fighting for Assad, not the freedom fighters.

esperanza

revert of many years
Asalaam alaikum,

Your responses are the same. You are emotional and irrational and critical with no knowledge added. You write from a very limited understanding of history and current circumstances. Try taking out a map before you respond.

As English is not your native language it is very difficult at times to understand what you are trying to convey, but it is always conveyed in very irrational words.

Please take a minute to assess the world political body; please.

salam sister..i am sorry but you are the one does not have the nowledge of history and politics of the region.....

esperanza

revert of many years
Asalaam alaikum,

I am kind. My kindness and compassion are not at issue here.

The issue is to comprehend why the world seems aloof as the Syrians slaughter themselves. I am presenting a point of view, which may be unpopular, but, nevertheless very valid. The events unfolding today are not random. You need to review the events of the past sixty years, at least to gain any comprehension.

Many ask and blame other Muslims for not intervening.You need to study why they have not. You need to examine what the big picture is; the political world. That is one level.

On another level and this is where it gets dead serious. The behaviors of those that are under the umbrella of the freedom fighters is not correct. That is not how battle is made. Think about it. What is missing? Who have the freedom fighters made pacts with. And what price has the future been sold for?

Take a moment and read about the English journalist. There are mercenaries. Is that Islamic, to hire a mercenary? Why are their videos of alive men portrayed as martyrs?

you are wrong sister...these freedom fighters have not made a pact wiht anyone
haave u not followed the news..the majority of oppostioion are peaceful protestors...or even innocent people in their homes..

think of the babies slaughtered

we are not choosing whic people to care for ..you are doing that...you are refusing to acknnowledege the terrible crimes being accepted...

it is you who seems to have something against these sunni muslims and iwonder why??

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

As I have written before...get to know all the facts. There is a big picture that is being missed. And once again look at the facts.

At this point we know that the current government is going to be toppled.

But, who is going to be in charge...this will not be an Islamic country. There is so much complicity it is sad.

I am not going to argue as that is a waste of time for me.

Take a moment to read your history.

Sister,

Please, babies are being slaughtered on both sides. You are smacking your lips salivating at the slaughter of one side. This is not the way warriors fight. It is not the way Believers fight.

And brother, I am more than those fighters. Do not call me anyone's slippers. I am not.

esperanza

revert of many years
Asalaam alaikum,

As I have written before...get to know all the facts. There is a big picture that is being missed. And once again look at the facts.

At this point we know that the current government is going to be toppled.

But, who is going to be in charge...this will not be an Islamic country. There is so much complicity it is sad.

I am not going to argue as that is a waste of time for me.

Take a moment to read your history.

Sister,

Please, babies are being slaughtered on both sides. You are smacking your lips salivating at the slaughter of one side. This is not the way warriors fight. It is not the way Believers fight.

And brother, I am more than those fighters. Do not call me anyone's slippers. I am not.

salam and isay to u get all the facts..,,read this...http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/12/220099.html//and ido know my history,,,,,

babies slaughtered on both sides ..who to;d u.....the syrian government or the iranians,,,,,,,,,,,,wake up

assad is slaughtering babies,,or his hitmen are..that is the brutal facts

the brave freedom fighters believe it or not arefighting in the name of allah

some are tortured and killed for refusing to sya@ bashar is great..............

yesterday one hundred were killed by helicopters...who truns helicopters on his own people...........

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

I am not the enemy nor do I represent the enemy. I fail to understand why you do not see that I am not empathizing with the oppressor.

He is wrong. But, two wrongs do not make a right. And I do not see the absolute dedication to follow the Laws of Allah over everything.

I read a lot of political rhetoric. I question, as it is my right, how is the leadership of the resistance movement following the Laws of Allah. Engaging in factional segments does not present a picture of unification.

We know that the oppressors are going to be taken down. It is a matter of weeks or year.

I am aware of the consequences of resistance. Sometimes it is bloody; for others it is long term. To slaughter innocents is wrong.

And what did anyone except the oppressors to place rosebuds at the end of their rifles?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Aapa

For a moment can you imagine yourself in Baba Amr or Qusayr with your family and the Army is shelling and massacring. What would you do? Based on your own responses here are your options:

1. You believe its all planned 20 years back so just sit there
2. You brought this condition upon yourself and it wont change until your heart changes. So accept it and wait let them come.
3. You don't know what action to do as you don't know if its according to the Law of Allah. Again sit there and let them come.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Just as I can not imagine neither can you. The revolution did not start last year. Think about it. There has been resistance for many years.

Did the Syrians not have many years to find a leader who will forgo everything for Islam? They have not yet. So there is still mayhem. Is that not what the scholars have warned us about. To think, pray, and unify.

Where were the men for the past forty years?

And yes brother, what is it that the Syrians are seeking? No-one has answered that question. And the answer is not coming from you. The Syrians have to decide if they are willing to be massacred for democracy.

You are sitting behind a computer screen; you are not in the battle, either. This is just as intellectual for you as it is for me. And that is all it is for the lot of you.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam

You can't imagine so there is no need to make justifications for you.

Yes I am behind the screen and so as you but the difference is your appeased by the blood being spilled not me. Get some lesson from Syrians and don't put the wrong history on them and question what happened 40 years back.

The blood is not for democracy don't forget where your tax dollars are going and which system are you living in.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

I have written over and over again that this bloodshed is wrong. I do not see where you fail to understand this. I am not in agreement whatsoever with the oppressor. Where you read that into my words is beyond me.

What I am saying is that the resistance groups are unsure of what they are seeking. The blood is not for jihad. It has not been declared a jihad.

Protests are not Islamic. There is no precedence for them. Until there is an Islamic and only Islamic solution it is a political battle of the haves and have nots. And now it is a battle that is multinational.

You may need to see what happened 3000 years ago to gain understanding of what is happening today.

And why are you getting personal?

If there is absolute resolve that the Syrians are 100% in jihad and only jihad there is no need to be personal. However, this is not about Islam. This is about a group of Muslims who are fighting an oppressor in their land. Now, show me where I am wrong. These Muslims do not even have a leader. They are going to win. They are being aided by many nations. Now, I ask again..is this Islamic. I have a right to an appropriate answer.

Convince me through Quran and hadith and scholarly argument that the principles of battle the Syrians are using are 100% Islamic. That every movement is from the Sunna.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
We are seeking to regain our dignity. We are fed up of bowing our heads down to the pig with the gun. They have been stealing from us, over-taxing us, telling us what to farm and what not to farm. Telling us what to tag and how much the price should be.

Eggs cost twice as much as they do in the US. Meat price rose to almost 300 pounds per kilogram. An engineer making 14,000 pounds a month cannot afford to feed his family.

Teachers are underpaid. Education is down the toilet. Police are crooked. If a man kills your brother, but pays a few police officers, they'll lie testify and say the man was defending himself.

See, you don't know whats going on in Syria. We sick and tired of being intimidated.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
The Quranic verses on this are very clear. God repeats, "do not aggress", multiple times. Only if attacked, is one permitted to fight back. If the other party refrains from aggression and offers one peace, we are told to stop fighting.

Rules of War*

[2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.
[2:191] You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers.
[2:192] If they refrain, then GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
[2:193] You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors.

*2:190 All fighting is regulated by the basic rule in 60:8-9. Fighting is allowed strictly in self-defense, while aggression and oppression are strongly condemned throughout the Quran.

[5:87] O you who believe, do not prohibit good things that are made lawful by GOD, and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors.

[8:61] If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

[4:90] ... if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them.

Here is your Quranic proof. The Freedom fighters are defending their houses and neighborhoods. Your friend Bashar al Assad is sending his gangs to kill.

Precious Star

Asalaam alaikum,

I have written over and over again that this bloodshed is wrong. I do not see where you fail to understand this. I am not in agreement whatsoever with the oppressor. Where you read that into my words is beyond me.

What I am saying is that the resistance groups are unsure of what they are seeking. The blood is not for jihad. It has not been declared a jihad.

Protests are not Islamic. There is no precedence for them. Until there is an Islamic and only Islamic solution it is a political battle of the haves and have nots. And now it is a battle that is multinational.

You may need to see what happened 3000 years ago to gain understanding of what is happening today.

And why are you getting personal?

If there is absolute resolve that the Syrians are 100% in jihad and only jihad there is no need to be personal. However, this is not about Islam. This is about a group of Muslims who are fighting an oppressor in their land. Now, show me where I am wrong. These Muslims do not even have a leader. They are going to win. They are being aided by many nations. Now, I ask again..is this Islamic. I have a right to an appropriate answer.

Convince me through Quran and hadith and scholarly argument that the principles of battle the Syrians are using are 100% Islamic. That every movement is from the Sunna.

While your comments may be valid in the abstract, they are irrelevant in the context of this thread, the civil war that is emerging, and the comments that everyone else is making.

The resistance, the civil war, the violenc by the Assad regime....it doesn't matter whether any of that is Islamic. Syria is and has always been a secular state. I've been there; have you? There are very few Islamic states in the world, and Syria is not one of them. It is a secular state populated by Muslims. Your rhetoric about "do these Muslims have a leader" etc is interesting but this war is about civil liberties and human rights. And there are casualties, crimes, etc that are escalating in a horrifying fashion. The latter is definitely not Islamic, nor Christian or Jewish or humanistic or moral or nice.

Asking if "every movement is from the Sunnah" accomplishes nothing.

You keep wondering why no one understands you, Aapa. I keep wondering why you think everyone is irrational and illogical except YOU. And while I say that light heatedly, but perhaps you should reflect on it a bit..".

I think this thread is going off the rails, to be honest, along with the other one regarding rape.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Therein lies the difference between us. The abstract is real sister. Does Allah not tell us He is Real and Abstract.

And you have made my argument for me. It is what I have been stressing all along. This is secular. Do not belittle a brother or sister who refuses to support a secular uprising. That does not negate that the brother or sister is making dua, the Weapon of Believers.

Thank you.

As for the thread on rape. We are Muslims. We can not lie. We are open and answer questions. We are responsible to the world and for the world. We hold higher standards. We are the ones who took this responsibility. When we declare that an injustice has been done to us we have to have the evidence to prove that it is an injustice.

I have never seen myself in any form of comparisons with the brothers and sisters on this forum. As to my being understood, I am because I know my position with Allah subhana wa taala. I am simply an older sister whose goal is to serve Allah.

I ask serious questions in light of Islam. I am hungry for the Words of Allah subhana wa taala. I have found the Truth and that is all I serve.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
If I was "hungry" for Allah, I'd get off the News and Current Affairs section and read other topics relating to deen to strengthen my iman. You been on this site for less than two years, but have over 10,000 comments--most of which consists of opinions and belittling other members. 10,000 comments in two years. Give those pretty little fingers a rest, dear sister.

"As for the thread on rape. We are Muslims. We can not lie." ???????????

Who's lying? The rape victims? What if they turned out to be telling the truth? Allah will surely hold you accountable for your accusation.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

And you too have made my argument. Get your facts before you accuse me. I rest my case as it is said.

esperanza

revert of many years
Asalaam alaikum,

Therein lies the difference between us. The abstract is real sister. Does Allah not tell us He is Real and Abstract.

And you have made my argument for me. It is what I have been stressing all along. This is secular. Do not belittle a brother or sister who refuses to support a secular uprising. That does not negate that the brother or sister is making dua, the Weapon of Believers.

Thank you.

As for the thread on rape. We are Muslims. We can not lie. We are open and answer questions. We are responsible to the world and for the world. We hold higher standards. We are the ones who took this responsibility. When we declare that an injustice has been done to us we have to have the evidence to prove that it is an injustice.

I have never seen myself in any form of comparisons with the brothers and sisters on this forum. As to my being understood, I am because I know my position with Allah subhana wa taala. I am simply an older sister whose goal is to serve Allah.

I ask serious questions in light of Islam. I am hungry for the Words of Allah subhana wa taala. I have found the Truth and that is all I serve.

have uspoken to syrians inside do unow any personally this is not a secular uprising ,,this is muslims rising up against leaders who are the furthest possible from being muslims,...........

you need to get your facts right not us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,