Assalaamu Alaykum

tame_sea

I am a new revert in a family that does not respect Islam. It's difficult for me to befriend local Muslims because my father doesn't want me practicing Islam and believing in Allah. I don't want to disrespect my parents, but I don't want to turn my back on Islam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
walaikum wasalaam ukhti. You don't have to leave Islam, and neither will you have to disrespect your parents. =) I am sure you are in a very difficult position, but remember that Allah swt tests those whom He loves. This is a trial, but it won't last forever. Your parents of course are the ones who had raised you, cared for you, and cherished you till you were of age- there is no room for disrespect. However, leaving Islam or thinking of leaving it, or even contemplating that thought won't make you seem more respectful. Instead, continue to hold on to your faith despite the difficulties you face. I'll give you a bleak, but blatant example. On Black Friday, people sacrifice their sleep to get what? Their favorite laptop/TV/electronics, etc. Things you cherish the most in life require sacrifice. In the same sense, paradise requires sacrifice, and sometimes we have to make compromise. This does not mean you cut off your family or that you disrespect them, but simply, stand strong and firm upon your faith, and show them that while you respect them, you will still hang onto your faith- that your faith is worth the sacrifice of enduring trials, tribulations, and difficulties. I am not a revert, and I can't say I'd make the greatest choices in your situation, but I do recommend and support that you hang on a little longer and Allah will NEVER EVER abandon you in such a situation. Like Nouman Ali Khan put it, "The teacher is always silent during the exam." Teachers are observing, and watching. Allah swt is testing you. and I pray that you pass with flying colors. =)

palestine

Servant of Allah
I am a new revert in a family that does not respect Islam. It's difficult for me to befriend local Muslims because my father doesn't want me practicing Islam and believing in Allah. I don't want to disrespect my parents, but I don't want to turn my back on Islam.
nak.jpg

zaman-gm

Wa alikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakathu Dear Sister. Allah with you. Keep close to your parents, behave better then before. Obey them except Shirk command. Keep contact with knowledgeable Person about Islam.

“O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.” (Qur’an, 2:153)

holysgiorgi

hey, my family isn't all for Islam either but, I know God loves me and wants the best for me. I know for a fact that He controls everything. SO I ask Him for help , To Guide Me In The Right Path, The Path That Those Whom Thou Hast Bestowed Thy Blessings, Those Who Have Not Incurred Thy Displeasure, Those That Have Not Gone Astray!!!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum dear sister,Welcome back to islam.Indeed,this is a test from Allah swt use good commonsense and you will come out with flying colours Insya'allah!
~May Allah swt grant you help,guide and protection~Amin!take care,wassalam.

Bm.amina

Wa 'Alaykum as-salaam sister in Islam,

First of all, Alhamdulillah for the step you took by realizing finally the straight path (of Allah your creator), you have to be ever so proud , and for your father -may Allah guide him- try just to keep in mind the following verse whenever you face difficulties with him:

" We have enjoined on man kindness to parents; but if they strive to make thee join with Me that of which thou hast no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what ye used to do." [Surah Al-Ankaboot, verse8]

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikum assalam sister , welcome to Islam and to TTI forum =)
It always happens like this , people first stand against the new change but with time they accept it . Your family needs time and more information about the true Islam . You may find difficulty in the begining but God is with and He will help you and rewards your patience .
I'll keep you in my prayers my new sister <3