Assalaamyu Alaikum. Please help if you can

AyeshaL

AA everyone :)

I've just registered on here so thought I'd better introduce myself :)

I'm a 25, English revert living in London with my new hubby. I reverted in April 08 alhamdulilla and initially I felt my imam was so strong but a lot has happened since the Autumn and, although my certainty that Islam is the truth has not wavered, my imam feels weak. My sister in law thinks I might have depression as a result of everything that's happened. Its not just a matter of feeling upset but a constant low that I cant seem to shake. I wondered if anyone on here knew of an islamic counselling service that helped people over the internet/ via email? I dont want to go to the doctors and just be given anti-depressants and I think Islamic counselling has the best chance of making a difference. If you know of anything like this please can you let me know? Thank you in advance.

Wasalaam,

Ayesha

sazk

Banned
asalaam alaikum sister,

oh dear. don't worry its something everyone goes through in their lifetime, even born muslims. i don't reside in london so i can't be sure which place would be best for you. i just looked in the muslim directory and its got like 50 mosques and islamic centers in london so i really can't pin one down for you. there's a good one here in luton (Islamic centre, Bury Park) but i have no idea about london.

but don't worry check back here in a couple of days, i'm sure somebody in london will be able to give you a suggestion, if not then pm sister stiks, she's in east london i think so she ought to be able to recommend something.

just make sure you read the first few chapters of the Quran from time to time. you might find something in there regarding yourself. i'll make dua for you. May Allah have mercy on you and your family. aameen

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum wr wb sister,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations for reverting to Islam...SubhanAllah Allah is the most merciful and beneficent He guides whoever He wants to...

As I have no idea about London but I am sure someone else will help you insha Allah. My suggestion is you should see and visit more sisters and Muslim families. I personally do not know any one ther but I do know about 2 very very good Islamic organizations working in London. Alkauthar and Mercy Mission. Alkauthar organize week-end courses on different topics. I guarantee you that once you will go there, you will like to go again and again. Masha Allah they are doing great job. Personally I have benefitted a lot from those courses. You will find there many good practicing sisters who will help you I am sure.

There website are

www.alkauthar.org
forums.alkauthar.org
http://www.mercymission.org.uk/mercymissionuk/index.php

May Allah help you and sister do remember that we should not lose patience and trust in Allah in times of trials and difficulties.

Wa Alaikum Salam.

a_stranger

The Medicine of the Prophet recommends (and explains) these steps for those needing a spiritual cure for depression:
Acknowledge that God is free from injustice and that He would not cause any hardships without a reason.
Confess that any imperfection and failure are one's own. Putting the blame on others is worthless. "Everything good that happens to you (O Man) is from God; everything bad that happens to you is from your own actions" (Qur'an 4:79).
Solicit God's help through prayer and supplication. Rather than asking, "Remove me from this despair (as if you are a victim), instead ask, "Help me find the source of this despair so it can be removed and I may be a better person." Ibn Abass narrated that God's messenger said, "When one is overwhelmed with worries or dispiritedness, one should oft-recite: There is no will or power except Allah."
Confirm your dependence on Allah and that you move according to divine plan. "And if God touches thee with affliction, none can remove it but He: if He touches thee with happiness, He has power over all things" (Qur'an 6:17).
Strive to live according to the Qur'an and Hadith every moment of every day - not just during in prayers or while in the mosque.
Ask forgiveness for your sins and repent your wrongdoing. A Hadith says to recite, "Lord, I seek refuge in You from distress and cowardice. I seek refuge from weakness and procrastination, from stinginess and cowardice. I seek refuge in You from indebtedness and from subjugation to people's inequity."
Sources:

copied from:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...pagename=Zone-English-HealthScience/HSELayout

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
InshALL-LLAH you'll find help from anyone who live in London,
but I don't understand what's happening with you?.
Here in my country I know some imams who attend with
different problems of muslims.They can help free.
I hope you will find help.I will pray ALL-LLAH for you.

mohd2008

:salam2:
well come to TTi famele
my bro
If you want to get rid of depression, you have two things, namely:
I / u must pray , it will prove convenient to relieve the heart and remove depression
II / heard or read the qoran always read the qoran, reading qoran make reassuring and remove the depression and relive heart
Many doctors, including non-Muslims and described the prayer and reading the qoran to treat any person suffering from depression
Try this and u will succeed Inshaallah

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
well come to TTi famele
my bro
If you want to get rid of depression, you have two things, namely:
I / u must pray , it will prove convenient to relieve the heart and remove depression
II / heard or read the qoran always read the qoran, reading qoran make reassuring and remove the depression and relive heart
Many doctors, including non-Muslims and described the prayer and reading the qoran to treat any person suffering from depression
Try this and u will succeed Inshaallah
Selam alejkum
That's very good advice brother
Jezek ALL-LLAHU khairan
Selam alejkum

AyeshaL

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who has posted. Your advice has been invaluable alhamdulilla and I'll definitely be checking out the website suggested above, oh and using this forum more! I'm so glad it was recommended!! :hijabi:

path to jannah

HAPPY JORNEY THROUGH THIS LOVELY FAMILY WHERE DER IS NO BORDER OF COUNTRIES ,CASTS OR AGE..HOPE WE ALL BE FOREGIVEN BY ALMIGHTYY

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

:SMILY206: to TTI and ISLAM, may Allah subhana wata'ala increase your Iman and Knowledge amiin.:):hearts:

wasalam

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum sister
Welcome to TTI.. Alhamdulillah happy to see u as our sister in Islam.. May u benefit frm this site InshAllah :) Thanx 4 sharing ur lovely stroy :).. May Allah make it easy for u.. ameen

rahmani

Sister Ayesha, As Salamo Alekum

May Allah remove all your distress and discomfort from you and keep you in His protection, Aameen! Ou r Dua is always with you. Keep praying Allah Subhanahu Tala and He is the best healer.

Your sincere brother,

Masoom Rahmani

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
AA everyone :)

I've just registered on here so thought I'd better introduce myself :)

I'm a 25, English revert living in London with my new hubby. I reverted in April 08 alhamdulilla and initially I felt my imam was so strong but a lot has happened since the Autumn and, although my certainty that Islam is the truth has not wavered, my imam feels weak. My sister in law thinks I might have depression as a result of everything that's happened. Its not just a matter of feeling upset but a constant low that I cant seem to shake. I wondered if anyone on here knew of an islamic counselling service that helped people over the internet/ via email? I dont want to go to the doctors and just be given anti-depressants and I think Islamic counselling has the best chance of making a difference. If you know of anything like this please can you let me know? Thank you in advance.

Wasalaam,

Asalamu Alaykum,

I would first like to say WELCOME to TTI. Everyone whether Muslim or not has tough times in life. And trust me we all have our moments of feeling lost, sad, or angry, but what you must remember is that after every hard and tough day, hour, or minute, Insha'Allah there's going to be easier and happyier day.

I would advice you to do the following when you have really hard days...

recite or listen to Quran, a lot of Quran. Read especially the translations and meanings of the Quran if you don't understand Arabic. This will make you feel so much better Insha'Allah.

Pray the five daily prayers without missing any. Sometimes when you're not feeling well or you're sad, Shaytan will try to take advantage of this and try to make you forget about you prayer. Do not fall into that trap. Pray even extra prayers.

And always ask Allah for help, for Allah says in many verses of the Quran that Allah is near to those who call on him.

May Allah take you out of whatever difficulties you're in, and I pray that Allah will help and guide you always, Amin.