Assalamu Alaykum ! New Revert

Thuraya Noran y

:shymuslima1: Assalamu Alaykum My name is Thuraya formerly known as Christen. I'm fourteen years old and is a recent revert/convert to Islam.I love to learn new languages and would like to be a linguist Insha'Allah. This is my story:
Well it began when I first started talking to my best friend ever Elham. She lives in Egypt and is a muslim. She has been teaching me arabic and is very empathetic towards me and others. Because she is of the Islamic religion and I didn't want to offend her by saying something wrong, I began studying about the religion of Islam and the other religions to compare.

During my studies I found out some very interesting and inspiring things. I took to reading the Quran,the translated version, and found out some truth's about life and everything got put in place for me.
Before my studies I was very disrespectful to my parents (mostly my mum because my dad took sides over us children he was on my mine when my mum seem to love my brother more and let him get away with things I couldn't.) and I hated them too. I use to use a lot of expletives when my brother antagonized me. I(yes even for my young age), I didn't really pray unless I needed something at the moment and would ask "God please let my parents get this one thing for me" depending on what I want at the moment.
My life before revelation was very unruly and disrespectful both to myself and others.I went around asking more muslims about Islam just to be on the safe side too. I am glad to have finally found out the truth about life and is willing and ready to surrender my life to Allah. I took my shahadah with a sister Named Sarah and her husband. Recently I have been having issues with my parents about Hijab. They do not want me to wear it anywhere but in the house:girl3:. I try explaining to them but they still don't want me to wear it. I make Dua for them alot. I don't know what else to do. They seem okay with every aspect of my reversion/conversion except for Hijab:SMILY23:. Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated. :SMILY176:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Alhamdu'lillaah that you are Muslim. May Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) bless you with good knowledge and soften the hearts of your parents towards Islam. Ameen.

Firstly, I am sorry that your thread did not appear straight away (because you are a new member, initial thread's are moderated. This is because some thread's can be spam and sometimes the legitimate thread's can get stuck in between.

Secondly, I think it would be better for a sister to address your issue with your parents about wearing Hijaab outside. This is because others sisters will have gone through the same problem which means their advice will be more helpful than what I can say as a brother.

Insha'Allaah I am sure some sisters will respond soon.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Wow...I think I want to be your mommy.

Your parents sound wonderful. They are not comfortable with what you have done. It takes time. Be gentle and kind to them. Let them feel how good it is to have a Muslim daughter.

Ask your mother if you can go for a walk with her and your hijab. Ask for help when you put it on. Show her the hijab fashion websites..something for both of you to do together.

It is a thing that takes time. Keep us in touch and Insha'Allah, your mother will be wearing one too.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

I can only hope that my parents will be as understanding as yours. It is hard enough for me now at 35 and living on my own. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for me if I converted to Islam at 14 while still living in my parents' house.

Be brave and stay strong, sister.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'wlaikum salaam warahmatullaah!

Maasha'Allaah!=) Mabrook on your reversion, young sister! May Allaah SWT continue to guide you and grant you success both in dunya and the hereafter ! Aameen
Just like Aapa said, it Will take quite sometime before your parents get used to your new self..! Hijaab is an important factor for a Muslimah wallah. But keep praying for them as we will, as well. And insha'Allah, Allaah SWT will open their hearts to the truth.

Mabrook once again. Welcome to the forum and back to Islaam!:)

Elias55

Aselamaleykum werehmetulahi Weberekatihu my sister in Islam

Aselamaleykum werehmetulahi Weberekatihu my sister in Islam

May Allah guide your parents to Islam and make you firm in your conviction.

You brother

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome to TTI sister

:wasalam:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!
Welcome back to Islam.
:ma:
Seems like you already got your attention n
attend to by many of our concern
bro n sis from TTI
~May Allah swt reward them~Amin!

Welcome to TTI sister
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

Thuraya Noran y

:wasalam: Shukran all for your advice and welcomes. Jazak Allah Khayr. I appreciate it all and I will make dua for you all. I will keep you updated. Insha'Allah.

Thuraya Noran y

Assalaam walaikum,

Wow...I think I want to be your mommy.

Your parents sound wonderful. They are not comfortable with what you have done. It takes time. Be gentle and kind to them. Let them feel how good it is to have a Muslim daughter.

Ask your mother if you can go for a walk with her and your hijab. Ask for help when you put it on. Show her the hijab fashion websites..something for both of you to do together.

It is a thing that takes time. Keep us in touch and Insha'Allah, your mother will be wearing one too.
Insha'Allah I will try all these methods. SDhukran and Jazak allah khayr.:hijabi:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister Thuraya, Assalam-o-alikum wa rehmatulahi wa barakatuh,

Welcome to Islam and to TTI !!!

I am amazed to see that at age 14 you can write so well (better than most adults) and learned about Islam all by yourself and then reverted to Islam too. I wonder how many great works would you do in the next 14 years !

Sister, it looks like you are natuarally blessed, and Allah (SWT) has bestowed His special favors on you. Your parents are so nice and supportive of your reversion. The only issue they have is with your Hijab when you wear it outside, but not at home. LOL.

Sister, explain it to them that actually at home you are with the mahram people, so at home you really do not need to wear hijab, only when you go outside and infront of non-mahram men, then you need to wear the hijab.

My guess is they feel embarrased infront of other people... that is why they say such a thing, otherwise they may not have any issues with Islam and/or hijab. So it looks like they are very good and loving folks. Tell them that your brothers and sister in TTI have sent their Salaam to them. And if they want, then they can join us and ask any question they want, or share their concerns with us. We will love to chat with them.

We are proud of you my dear little sister Thuraya. See you around InshaAllah.
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

aah sister...Allah has surely blessed you! many young girls your age could care less about religion and worry much about school dance ! But you, at fourteen...you made something of yourself and like brother Munawar wrote, I too wonder how many great works you'd do in the next fourteen years! subhana'Allah

Stay strong ukhti...you have supportive parents!
oh by the way, we have sister's only section if you havent seen it already....you can post female related issues there.

mahaseeb

Asalamualim...
Welcome to deen al-islam sister. May allah help you and make easy ways to follow islam.. ameen
Ma salam
Abdul Haseeb

Thuraya Noran y

Assalamu alaikum,

aah sister...Allah has surely blessed you! many young girls your age could care less about religion and worry much about school dance ! But you, at fourteen...you made something of yourself and like brother Munawar wrote, I too wonder how many great works you'd do in the next fourteen years! subhana'Allah

Stay strong ukhti...you have supportive parents!
oh by the way, we have sister's only section if you havent seen it already....you can post female related issues there.

Ok. Thank you sister. :hijabi:

a_stranger

AlhanduliAllah for his guidance , my Allah bless you dear little sister, you are a new hope for our humanity, try to wear modest clothes at least , and i am sure things will be easier with time.:salah::salah::salah: