At least two killed in Boston Marathon blasts, 64 injuries.

xAllahKnowsBestx

111.jpg

LINK: http://rt.com/usa/finish-line-marathon-boston-908/

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
This is agonizing. I'm so heartbroken that sanctuaries remain nowhere in the world for people to simply run marathons.

I would absolutely die if this was done by Muslims. Earlier news mentioned that a Saudi had been taken into custody as a suspect but the reports that followed denied that and they're still saying they have no suspects.

I would never post from Fox News but as of now they published the only news article that echoes my sentiments.

http://nation.foxnews.com/boston-ma...oston-marathon-blasts-draw-dread-muslim-world

WaPo: ‘Please Don’t Be A Muslim’: Boston Marathon Blasts Draw Dread In Muslim World

‘Please don’t be a Muslim’: Boston marathon blasts draw condemnation and dread in Muslim world

by Max Fisher

So little is known yet about what’s behind the explosions Monday at the Boston Marathon that any conclusion, including terrorism, would be premature. But that fear has been an early reflex not just in the United States but half a world away in the Middle East. There, a number of observers are expressing sympathy – recall that pro-American solidarity rallies were held throughout the region after Sept. 11, 2001 – and, at times, a sense of dread.

As a Libyan Twitter user named Hend Amry wrote, “Please don’t be a ‘Muslim.’” Her message was retweeted by more than 100 other users, including well-known journalists and writers from the Muslim world.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum, might be some crazed non-Muslim American guy. I guess inside many of us are hoping it is not a Muslim.

Earlier I was thinking perhaps with all that has happened past 9-11, and the amount of talk surrounding suicide bombing and unlawful killing of innocent people that it might have stopped a lot of people from going towards extremism. Maybe not.

Umm Abdullah

'Ajiib! two ppl are killed in Boston and it's like yawm al-qiyamah for them. What about our muslims brothers and sisters that are being killed in Syria, Felastin, Somlia, Iraq, Burma?! Are they not worth as much as an American?..It makes me angry how hypocritical the kuffar are ...

Am I wrong for thinking like this ?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
'Ajiib! two ppl are killed in Boston and it's like yawm al-qiyamah for them. What about our muslims brothers and sisters that are being killed in Syria, Felastin, Somlia, Iraq, Burma?! Are they not worth as much as an American?..It makes me angry how hypocritical the kuffar are ...

Am I wrong for thinking like this ?

Not really, but they don't see the world the same way we do. There are drone strikes in Afghanistan and Pakistani tribal areas - entire families are wiped out. A lot of innocents die in the market bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is not seen as such important news. Of course, when your own people are killed, it does register more.

All loss of innocent life is upsetting and sad. - But, the way things are covered in the media, and with the talk by some people, you might wonder that only the lives of white Western people are valued. The various news channels had reporters running after witnesses and airing their accounts. - I have seldom if never seen something similar done for those who have died elsewhere. There is more outrage and saddness expressed for these deaths than there is for the deaths (quantifiably more) in other places.

533955_490276764378081_1048547696_n.jpg

When you mention these things, people just don't "get it". They will think we are condoning the bombings or think we are trying to justify it. Again, their internalised racism will rear its head.

ummsami89

assalamu alaykum, might be some crazed non-Muslim American guy. I guess inside many of us are hoping it is not a Muslim.

Earlier I was thinking perhaps with all that has happened past 9-11, and the amount of talk surrounding suicide bombing and unlawful killing of innocent people that it might have stopped a lot of people from going towards extremism. Maybe not.

Yes, I hope it wasnt muslims. I work in the public and really kinda nervous about going to work. Inshallah, all will be well. I have complete faith in Allah swt.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I am hoping its just another crackpot like Timothy McVeigh..

Yes.. the last crackpot, James Holmes, the "batman shooter", apparently became Muslim in prison. - Allah knows best, but he said it as a way to legitimise killing people, - astaghfirullah. Sick. - Again, all the haters took that as a queue to bash Muslims!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Indeed to Allah we belong and to Him shall we be returned.

Is there a way to stop killings?
Some are given more coverage by the media,some are less although loved ones are lost in more cases.Many of them are forgotten.

arachan

well, i don't what else to say about bombing boston marathon, but it's still running on investigation, anything could happen, but i think it will address us to terrorism issues back yet again. but if they bring us to that old issues, then what new organization of terror will come up? i don't think they will bring it back to al qaeda, since people no more believe in that stuff. any assumptions may be addressed, but we still have to wait what will come after this. i'm not buying some kind of arab's terrors. not again.