Status
Not open for further replies.

John Smith

:salam2:

Can someone please point me in the right direction over my avatar,i have an individual on the forum who thinks its against the fitra for me to show a mask? or something alongside those lines which has left me further confused as to where they want to take the subject, I get the jist of not showing actuall images of myself or other humans and to an extent animals but i cant see the problem with my avatar showing an actavist wearing a kiffayah and a mask.

To the forum user who has pulled me up over the avatar and please explain your reasons whats upssetting you over my avatar.

:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
Is it that hard for you to change it?

It's taken from the movie V for Vendetta and this is what IDMB says about it

"A shadowy freedom fighter known only as "V" uses terrorist tactics to fight against his totalitarian society. Upon rescuing a girl from the secret police, he also finds his best chance at having an ally".

John Smith

So what's the point of this post then?

Post is self explanotory, i dont see a problem with my avatar only those who like to take hardline views.

Just to touch on what you said earlier,since when have " Freedom " fighters resorted to terrorist tactics?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatulah wa barakatuhu

I am the "user" who kindly tryed to advice our dear brother John Smith about rulling on images and masks in Islaam.

My intentions were good Alhamdulillah.

Here is a Fatwaa about rulling of masks in Islaam dear brother and please re-read it again for better understanding InshaAllah.

Praise be to Allaah.

Many scholars have granted concessions with regard to children’s toys, even if they are in the shape of an animate being, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood (4932) from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came back from the campaign to Tabook or Khaybar and there was a curtain over her niche. The wind lifted the edge of the curtain and uncovered ‘Aa’ishah’s toy dolls. He said: “What is this, O ‘Aa’ishah?” She said: My dolls. He saw among them a horse with two wings made of cloth and he said: “What is this that I see in the midst of them?” She said: A horse. He said: “What is this that I see on it?” I said: Two wings. He said: “A horse with wings?” She said: Have you not heard that Sulaymaan had horses with wings? She said: And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) smiled so broadly that I saw his eyeteeth.

And al-Bukhaari (5779) and Muslim (2440) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: I used to play with dolls in the house of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and I had friends who would play with me…”

This is with regard to toys and costumes, and there is a well-known difference of opinion concerning this matter. Some of the scholars forbade children’s toys if they are in the form of an animal such as a lion or tiger and the like, and some granted a concession allowing that.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said concerning contact lenses:

If they resemble an animal’s eyes, such as those look like the eyes of a cat or a rabbit or any other animal, that is not permissible, because resembling animals is not mentioned in the Qur’aan and Sunnah except in the context of blame. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

End quote from Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb.

See also Majmoo‘ al-Fataawa by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (32/256-260), where there is a detailed fatwa about the prohibition on resembling animals or imitating their movements or sounds.

Shaykh Dr. Ahmad ibn Muhammad al-Khudayri, a member of the Faculty of Imam Muhammad ibn Sa‘ood Islamic University (may Allah preserve him) was asked:

We are a group who work in children’s theatre and we offer useful programs in the park or in a theatre for children, where children and their parents come to watch us. We segregate men from women and the children sit in the chairs at the front. Some of the young people wear costumes in the form of a fox or bear or cucumber or orange. Our question is: is acting and wearing these costumes permissible?

He replied: If what you are offering in the theatre is a useful program aimed at benefiting children, and there is no mixing between men and women in that place, then there is nothing wrong with this action. But resembling animals is not something appropriate for the Muslim to do, because it is humiliating a soul that Allah has honoured with reason, and resembling animals is not mentioned in the Qur’aan or Sunnah except in the context of blame. If the costume of this animal is three-dimensional, it is not permissible because it comes under the heading of making images, which is forbidden in the texts. As for costumes resembling inanimate objects, there is nothing wrong with wearing them and using them.

From the Islam Today website.

It is not permissible to wear anything on which there is an image of an animal or human.

It says in Mataalib Ooli’l-Nuha (1/353):

It is haraam for both males and females to wear anything on which there is an image of an animal, because of the hadeeth of Abu Talhah who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is an image or a dog.” (Agreed upon)

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on wearing clothes on which there is an image of an animal or human. He replied: It is not permissible for a person to wear a garment on which there is an image of an animal or a human. It is also not permissible for him to wear a headcover or the like on which there is an image of a human or an animal, because it is proven that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is an image.” End quote.

What appears to be the case is that wearing something that is made in the shape of an animal is more contrary to sharee‘ah than wearing regular clothes like shirts and so on, on which there is the image of an animal.

Thus it is clear that there is no concession with regard to what you have mentioned about wearing a costume in the form of a human or animal, even if the aim is to take part in a program for children so that they can have fun.

And Allah knows best.

Source:Islam Q&A

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Did you read my little innocuous post about the whole V thing in the thread entitled something or the other about countries.

I tried to explain how this movie is really an Illuminati showcase. I could not believe how much I read on this. And it made sense.

If you care to engage in discussion I will be glad to. I do not wish to waste time.

Sister Asja is one of the sweetest sisters here. She is sweet. It is never her intent to upset anyone.

Me, on the other hand...I ain't got time for sugar.

You hang and chill...and thank you for reading my thoughts.

John Smith

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Did you read my little innocuous post about the whole V thing in the thread entitled something or the other about countries.

I tried to explain how this movie is really an Illuminati showcase. I could not believe how much I read on this. And it made sense.

If you care to engage in discussion I will be glad to. I do not wish to waste time.

Sister Asja is one of the sweetest sisters here. She is sweet. It is never her intent to upset anyone.

Me, on the other hand...I ain't got time for sugar.

You hang and chill...and thank you for reading my thoughts.

Maybe i need to re watch the movie a pay a little more attention to the dialouge,would you kind enough to share how this is an illuminati movie? for what i know the directers of the movie are the wachowski brothers who directed the Matrix and swordfish both films exposing the world we live in and how it is controlled.

Asja sister peace & love towards you im not upset with no one especially for with those who have my best interest at heart.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, InshaAllah, after prayers and motherly duties I will sit me down and compose a long winded but educational perspective...I was stunned when I read the stuff.

Please be patient. I want to put my thoughts together to make it cohesive and sensible.

But, I must pray and be mommy whilst I compose my thoughts..give me a couple of hours...

Trust me this will be good!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was reading a political article. It kept mentioning the word butterfly. I cross-referenced butterfly with Illuminati. I ended up reading that butterfly is the term used by the Illuminati to identity the female sex slave raised for the use of the Illuminati. This article specifically focused on the actress in the movie V for vendetta. It was a biographical timeline of her movie roles. The article used the life of this actress to demonstrate how the sex slave is raised. I found it revealing.
As I continued my search another article suggested that the movie V for Vendetta is a showcase for showing how females are subjugated to torture and servitude to please the males. The female will is simply a tool. She can be a sex slave, she can be a lesbian. She will never have complete independence as she is a mere tool. Upon reflecting on the movie. This is true. The female lead is an unhealthy incomplete person. She is insignificant. She is hit, punished, tortured, and finally ready to serve in whatever capacity she is needed.

Now the male lead in V seems to be someone who is a leader. But, he is not a man. He has no social skills. He never makes himself known. And initially we are all cheering for him. We discover that he rises from the fire. The authors of the articles felt this was significant. He is of fire. He does not appreciate the powers that be. But, he does not let himself be known. He hides. He hides behind his mask.

The torture that he puts the female lead through is wrong. He has his own set of humiliation rituals that are no-where liberating. I scratched my head. It made no sense. The dehumanization of shaving her head. The bondage. She was not liberated she was programmed.

The Illuminati showed us a little bit about themselves. They hide behind who knows what. What seemed like a revolution for the populace from one set of evil is really walking into the arms of a larger evil.

I pray this is not too convoluted. I pray this makes some sense to you. It is not what a Believer would do. A Believer is open and honest. A Believer would not humiliate women.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Walailkum assalaam,

I strongly encourage you to do your own research. I was disappointed when I read the analysis. But, the Illuminati are bold. They have not been defeated yet.

I was rooting and tooting for the V man. After reading up it made sense.

We have the example of the Prophet. The messengers of Allah were never in incognito. Our faith exemplifies that nothing can really be hid.

John Smith

Walailkum assalaam,

I strongly encourage you to do your own research. I was disappointed when I read the analysis. But, the Illuminati are bold. They have not been defeated yet.

I was rooting and tooting for the V man. After reading up it made sense.

We have the example of the Prophet. The messengers of Allah were never in incognito. Our faith exemplifies that nothing can really be hid.

Ok like i said will re watch the movie

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asja sister peace & love towards you im not upset with no one especially for with those who have my best interest at heart.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair respected brother.

Alhamdulilah it is duty of us Muslims to advice and help our Muslim brothers and sisters for the sake of Allah.

"Allah, the Exalted, says 'Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who visit each other for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who love one another for My Sake. Indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones who approach one another in humility for My Sake. And, indeed, My Love shall be bestowed upon the ones that rush to help one another for My Sake." ( Hadeeth Qudsi)

May Allah bless you.Allahume Ameen.

:wasalam:

complex_man

There is nothing wrong in your avatar. it is OK. you dont have to listen to every one here whatever they say. just listen to your hearts. if you think you are right then you are. there are many people here who love to argue and create confusions. just read and do your self some research. dont follow any one.

Tomtom

Banned
There is nothing wrong in your avatar. it is OK. you dont have to listen to every one here whatever they say. just listen to your hearts. if you think you are right then you are. there are many people here who love to argue and create confusions. just read and do your self some research. dont follow any one.

Get lost complex_man

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brothers,

Can we have a simple discussion. I do declare I should send both of you to detention. Now behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.