AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR Jumada Al-Awwal 1, 1434

salahdin

AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR

Jumada Al-Awwal 1, 1434

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ​

سُوۡرَةُ إبراهیم

سُوۡرَةُ إبراهیم
أَلَمۡ تَرَ كَيۡفَ ضَرَبَ ٱللَّهُ مَثَلاً۬ كَلِمَةً۬ طَيِّبَةً۬ كَشَجَرَةٍ۬ طَيِّبَةٍ أَصۡلُهَا ثَابِتٌ۬ وَفَرۡعُهَا فِى ٱلسَّمَآءِ (٢٤) تُؤۡتِىٓ أُڪُلَهَا كُلَّ حِينِۭ بِإِذۡنِ رَبِّهَا*!ۗ وَيَضۡرِبُ ٱللَّهُ ٱلۡأَمۡثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَتَذَڪَّرُونَ (٢٥) وَمَثَلُ كَلِمَةٍ خَبِيثَةٍ۬ كَشَجَرَةٍ خَبِيثَةٍ ٱجۡتُثَّتۡ مِن فَوۡقِ ٱلۡأَرۡضِ مَا لَهَا مِن قَرَارٍ۬ (٢٦)

I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures toarrogance and poems

Surah Ibrahim

Seest thou not how Allah coineth a similitude: A goodly saying, as a goodly tree, its root set firm, its branches reaching into heaven, (24) Giving its fruit at every season by permission of its Lord? Allah coineth the similitudes for mankind in order that they may reflect. (25) And the similitude of a bad saying is as a bad tree, uprooted from upon the earth, possessing no stability. (26)
14:24-26

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ

The Parable of the Word of Islam and the Word of Kufr

Allah says:
أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ ضَرَبَ اللّهُ مَثَلاً كَلِمَةً طَيِّبَةً كَشَجَرةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ أَصْلُهَا ثَابِتٌ وَفَرْعُهَا فِي السَّمَاء ﴿٢٤﴾
See you not how Allah sets forth a parable! A goodly word as a goodly tree, whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches (reach) to the sky.
Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Abdullah bin Abbas commented that Allah's statement,
مَثَلاً كَلِمَةً طَيِّبَةً (a parable: a goodly word),
refers to testifying to La ilaha illallah, (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)
while, كَشَجَرةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ (as a goodly tree),
refers to the believer,
and that, أَصْلُهَا ثَابِتٌ (whose root is firmly fixed),
indicates that La ilaha illallah, (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah) is firm in the believers' heart,
وَفَرْعُهَا فِي السَّمَاء (and its branches (reach) to the sky.
with which the believer's works are ascended to heaven.
Similar is said by Ad-Dahhak, Sa'id bin Jubayr, Ikrimah, Mujahid and several others.
They stated that this parable describes the believer's deeds, good statements and good actions. The believer is just like the beneficial date tree, always having good actions ascending at all times, by day and by night.
Al-Bukhari recorded that Abdullah bin Umar said,
"We were with the Messenger of Allah when he asked,
أَخْبِرُونِي عَنْ شَجَرَةٍ تُشْبِهُ أَوْ كَالرَّجُلِ الْمُسْلِمِ لَا يَتَحَاتُّ وَرَقُهَا صَيْفًا وَلَا شِتَاءً، وَتُؤْتِي أُكُلَهَا كُلَّ حِينٍ بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهَا
Tell me about a tree that resembles the Muslim, the leaves of which do not fall in summer or winter and gives its fruit at all times by the leave of its Lord.''
Ibn Umar said, "I thought of the date palm tree, but felt shy to answer when I saw that Abu Bakr and Umar did not talk.
When they did not give an answer, the Messenger of Allah said,
هِيَ النَّخْلَة
It is the date palm tree.
When we departed, I said to Umar, `My father, by Allah! I thought that it was the date tree.'
He said, `Why did you not speak then?'
I said, `I saw you were silent and I felt shy to say anything.'
Umar said, `Had you said it, it would have been more precious to me than such things (i.e., would have been very precious to me).'''
Abdullah bin Abbas said that, كَشَجَرةٍ طَيِّبَةٍ (as a goodly tree),
is a tree in Paradise.
Allah said next,
تُؤْتِي أُكُلَهَا كُلَّ حِينٍ ...
Giving its fruit at all times,
It is said that it means by day and by night. And they say that describes the believer as a tree that always has fruits during summer and winter, by night and by day. This is the parable of the believer whose good works ascend to heaven by day and by night and at all times,
... بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهَا ...
by the leave of its Lord,
thus earning perfection and becoming beneficial, plentiful, pure and blessed,
... وَيَضْرِبُ اللّهُ الأَمْثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ ﴿٢٥﴾
and Allah sets forth parables for mankind in order that they may remember.
Allah said next,
وَمَثلُ كَلِمَةٍ خَبِيثَةٍ كَشَجَرَةٍ خَبِيثَةٍ ...
And the parable of an evil word is that of an evil tree,
describing the disbelief of the disbeliever, for it has no basis or stability.
It is similar to the colocynth tree (a very bitter, unscented plant) which is also called, `Ash-Shiryan'.
Shu`bah narrated that Mu`awiyah bin Abi Qurrah narrated that Anas bin Malik said that;
it is the colocynth tree.
Allah said,
... اجْتُثَّتْ ...
uprooted,
meaning, was cutoff from the root,
... مِن فَوْقِ الأَرْضِ مَا لَهَا مِن قَرَار ﴿٢٦﴾ٍ
from the surface of earth, having no stability.
therefore, existing without basis or stability, just like Kufr (disbelief), for it does not have a basis or roots.
Surely, the works of the disbelievers will never ascend nor will any of them be accepted.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Holy Qur'an is words from Allah swt

:salam:
:75:
Alhamdulillah!
Thank you for sharing,
~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

ouddene bouziane

jazak Allah kheir
every time when i read this wenderful verse
i ask God to help me saying only good words
many muslims suffer from uttering bad words
we need urgently to purify our mouthes
and the purification of the mouth is a part of heart purification