Ayah of the Day with Tafsir Jumada Al-Thani 28 , 1433

salahdin

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

سورة النساء​

وَلَأُضِلَّنَّهُمْ وَلَأُمَنِّيَنَّهُمْ وَلَآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُبَتِّكُنَّ آذَانَ الْأَنْعَامِ وَلَآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُغَيِّرُنَّ خَلْقَ اللَّـهِ وَمَن يَتَّخِذِ الشَّيْطَانَ وَلِيًّا مِّن دُونِ اللَّـهِ فَقَدْ خَسِرَ خُسْرَانًا مُّبِينًا ﴿١١٩﴾​

I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures to arrogance and poems

Surah An-Nisa

And surely I will lead them astray, and surely I will arouse desires in them, and surely I will command them and they will cut the cattle' ears, and surely I will command them and they will change Allah's creation. Whoso chooseth Satan for a patron instead of Allah is verily a loser and his loss is manifest. (119)
4:119

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ​

أَلَمْ أَعْهَدْ إِلَيْكُمْ يبَنِى ءَادَمَ أَن لاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ الشَّيطَـنَ​

Did I not command you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaytan. (36:60)

Allah said that, on the Day of Resurrection, the angels shall proclaim about the idolators who worshipped them in this life:

بَلْ كَانُواْ يَعْبُدُونَ الْجِنَّ أَكْـثَرُهُم بِهِم مُّؤْمِنُونَ​

Nay, but they used to worship the Jinn; most of them were believers in them. (34:41)

Allah's statement,

لَّعَنَهُ اللّهُ ...​

Allah cursed him,

means, He expelled him and banished him from His mercy and His grace.

... وَقَالَ لَأَتَّخِذَنَّ مِنْ عِبَادِكَ نَصِيبًا مَّفْرُوضًا ﴿١١٨﴾​

And he (Shaytan) said: "I will take an appointed portion of your servants"

means, a fixed and known share.

Muqatil bin Hayyan commented,

"From every one thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine will go to the Fire and one to Paradise.''

وَلأُضِلَّنَّهُمْ ...​

Verily, I will mislead them,

from the true path,

... وَلأُمَنِّيَنَّهُمْ ...​

and surely, I will arouse in them false desires;

tempting them to feign repentance, arousing false hopes in them, encouraging them to delay and procrastinate with righteous deeds, deceiving them.

... وَلآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُبَتِّكُنَّ آذَانَ الأَنْعَامِ ...​

and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle,

Qatadah and As-Suddi stated,

meaning, slitting their ears to designate them as Bahirah, Sa'ibah, and a Wasilah.

... وَلآمُرَنَّهُمْ فَلَيُغَيِّرُنَّ خَلْقَ اللّهِ ...​

And indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allah.

According to Al-Hasan bin Abi Al-Hasan Al-Basri,

means tattooing.

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded the prohibition of tattooing the face, which in one of its wordings states:

"May Allah curse whoever does this.''

It is also recorded in the Sahih that Ibn Mas`ud said,

"May Allah curse those who have tattoos and those who do it, who pluck their (facial) hairs and the one who does it for them, and those who make spaces between their teeth for the purpose of beauty, changing what Allah has created.''

He then said,

"Why should not I curse whom the Messenger of Allah has cursed, when the Book of Allah commands it,'' referring to the Ayah,

وَمَآ ءَاتَـكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَـكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانتَهُواْ​

And whatsoever the Messenger gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it). (59:7)

Allah's statement,

... وَمَن يَتَّخِذِ الشَّيْطَانَ وَلِيًّا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ فَقَدْ خَسِرَ خُسْرَانًا مُّبِينًا ﴿١١٩﴾​

And whoever takes Shaytan as a Wali (protector or helper) instead of Allah, has surely suffered a manifest loss.

means, he will have lost this life and the Hereafter.

Indeed, this is a type of loss that cannot be compensated or restored.

Allah's statement,

يَعِدُهُمْ وَيُمَنِّيهِمْ وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ إِلاَّ غُرُورًا ﴿١٢٠﴾​

He (Shaytan) makes promises to them, and arouses in them false desires;

explains the true reality. Surely, Shaytan deceitfully promises his supporters and tempts them into believing that they are winners in this and the Hereafter.

This is why Allah said,
وَمَا يَعِدُهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ إِلاَّ غُرُورًا​
(and Shaytan's promises are nothing but deceptions).

Allah states that on the Day of Return,

وَقَالَ الشَّيْطَانُ لَمَّا قُضِيَ الأَمْرُ إِنَّ اللّهَ وَعَدَكُمْ وَعْدَ الْحَقِّ وَوَعَدتُّكُمْ فَأَخْلَفْتُكُمْ وَمَا كَانَ لِيَ عَلَيْكُم مِّن سُلْطَانٍ​

And Shaytan will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you, until,
إِنَّ الظَّالِمِينَ لَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ​
(Verily, there is a painful torment for the wrongdoers). (14:22)

Allah's statement,

أُوْلَـئِكَ ...​

of such (people),

refers to those who like and prefer what Shaytan is promising and assuring them of.

... مَأْوَاهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ ...​

The dwelling of such (people) is Hell,

as their destination and abode on the Day of Resurrection,

... وَلاَ يَجِدُونَ عَنْهَا مَحِيصًا ﴿١٢١﴾​

and they will find no way of escape from it.

meaning, they will not be able to avoid, avert, evade or elude the Hellfire.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:

Subhan'allah
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you
for this beautiful posting
:jazaak:

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)