Allahu Akbar! Back to Basics ~ for reverts.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleykum
Once you are a muslim, don`t try to change the world, don`t get angry, don`t be sad, I know is hard and overwhelming but Allah has a plan. Take it easy and see the first steps.
... By the soul and (by) Him who made it perfect, and then inspired it to understand what is wrong and what is right for it. Truly is successful the one who purifies (his soul).(Holy Qur'an, 91: 7-9)

01-To-testify1.jpg

02-Pray1.jpg

03-Zakat1.jpg

04-Fast1.jpg

05-Hajj.jpg

Hajjerr

Dealing with non-muslims (parents, friends etc.)

"Allah does not forbid you concerning those people who do not fight you because of your religion, nor expel you from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly.. . . Allah forbids you only concerning those people who fight you for your religion, and drive you from your homes and help others to expel you, that you make friends of them." ( Quran 60: 8,9)

"Argue not with the people of the Book (Jews, Christians, and other people having scriptures) except by the best (means), save those of them who act unjustly. But say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him we submit." ( Quran 29:46)

A companion of the Holy Prophet relates:

"A funeral procession passed by the Prophet s.a.w.s, and he stood up for it. People said to him: It was the funeral of a Jew. He said: Was it not a human life?" (Report in Bukhari.)

khaira_Qu

The Meaning of the Word “Islam”

The word “Islam” is the verbal noun of the verb aslama. This verb is defined as, “He resigned or submitted himself.” When used with respect to God, it means, “He became submissive to God.”5 Thus, Islam is about an individual recognizing who his Lord is and recognizing that his attitude toward his Lord and Creator should be one of submission and worship. In other words, Islam is not simply about the recognition of the Oneness of God or the fact that the Creator exists, for example.

Islam is about something much greater than that. It is about the conscious decision made by the individual to worship and submit to the one and only God ( ALLAAH ).

Perhaps it should be noted that the word “Islam” does not mean “peace.” It is true that the Arabic word for “peace” (salaam) comes from the same root as the word Islam. It is also very true that true peace—both internally and externally—can only be the result of the correct implementation of Islam.

At the same time, though, it should be very clear in the minds of every Muslim that his religion being Islam represents his commitment and devotion to worshipping and submitting to Allah alone. This should become the essence of what the individual Muslim is all about.

Hajjerr

537800_148532478638263_1759776379_n.jpg

Islam is not an arabic culture.
Islam is a universal religion, be careful not to fall into the trap of culture.
Don't let your gender, skin colour, family background etc. prevent you from seeking knowledge.

One billion people from a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the globe - from the southern Philippines to Nigeria - are united by their common Islamic faith. About 18% live in the Arab world; the world's largest Muslim community is in Indonesia; substantial parts of Asia and most of Africa are Muslim, while significant minorities are to be found in the Soviet Union, China, North and South America, and Europe.

''..Verily in the sight of Allah, the most honoured amongst you is the one who is most
God-fearing. There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a
non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for the blackover the white except in God-conciousness.
..'' ~ from the last sermon of Prophet s.a.w.s.

Fifimiller

Thank you.....Unfortunately that's not working either. (Something about plug in not supported)

I'm having a very hard time with this. There are different sites saying different things and different pronunciations....

I'm praying half in Arabic half in English and trying to figure it out....In shaa Allah my intention to pray will be accepted. ...but I have to figure out the right way.

Hajjerr

Thank you.....Unfortunately that's not working either. (Something about plug in not supported)

I'm having a very hard time with this. There are different sites saying different things and different pronunciations....

I'm praying half in Arabic half in English and trying to figure it out....In shaa Allah my intention to pray will be accepted. ...but I have to figure out the right way.