Bad dreams

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

i have been dreaming bad dreams. disturbing ones since i came here. before that i didnt have any bad dreams in my life. i dream nightmares then in those dreams i recite quran , some times ayatul kursi, some times other surahs and then i wake up and find myself reciting those surah actually.. and those dreams seem to be very real..
i wont give the details of the dreams but they are very scary..

i want to know why i am dreaming them here , why not back in Pakistan?

and why i dream such dreams?
and how to get rid of them..

P.S. i recite ayatul kursi ,al-falak,an-nas,al-ikhlas,al-mulk,al-muzzamil and some other ayats from quran before sleeping.
so any body please tell why i have those nightmares

jazakAllah khair.
:wasalam:

muharram23

Staff member

i have been dreaming bad dreams. disturbing ones since i came here. before that i didnt have any bad dreams in my life. i dream nightmares then in those dreams i recite quran , some times ayatul kursi, some times other surahs and then i wake up and find myself reciting those surah actually.. and those dreams seem to be very real..
i wont give the details of the dreams but they are very scary..

i want to know why i am dreaming them here , why not back in Pakistan?

and why i dream such dreams?
and how to get rid of them..

P.S. i recite ayatul kursi ,al-falak,an-nas,al-ikhlas,al-mulk,al-muzzamil and some other ayats from quran before sleeping.
so any body please tell why i have those nightmares

jazakAllah khair.

Salamu Alaykum

Jazakallahu khair and may Allah reward you for not mentioning your bad dreams as it is from the sunnah of the prophet to mention only good dreams and only to the people of faith and those you trust. As for the bad dream, the prophet :saw: said that we should seek refuge in Allah from shaytaan and spit on our left side and turn to the opposite side that we slept on. Allah will then change this evil dream to be a good one.

Why we dream bad dreams? Could be many reason and Allah knows best. Could be due to our sins. The prophet mentioned that dreams are of 3 kind.

1. Dreams from Allah (these are good)
2. Dreams from shaytaan (these are bad once)
3 dreams from one ownself

the 3rd kind can be when a person thinks about some things to much is that they end up dreaming about it.

As for the 2nd, then shaytan tries to scare us from things especially when a person becomes better and more obedient to Allah. He tries to scare the believer in order to prevent him from doing good.

As for the 1st, then dreams from Allah a person gets them when the believer increases in faith and stays away from all the prohibitions of Allah.

I remember when i first started practicing and turning to Allah, i had so many good dreams. But over time, person reaches a point when they feel like that they have not movied beyond, has not many good dreams etc... We ask Allah to increase us in faith and give us good in this world and hereafter. As well as give us good dreams and protect us from evil once.

So, keep making dhikr all the time, sleep in woodoo, and make duah constantly to Allah.

Why you have bad dreams here and not in Pakiastan? Allah knows best. Maybe you were in more muslim environment back home and less evil to see, therefore you dreamed less evil.

I am not sure if you live in kufar land or not. If yes, maybe it is due to the evils we are surrounded with and what we have to deal with on a daily basis.

Allah knows best

wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam

brother always try to take things positivbely....
It could be a sign of your upcoming troubles you will be going to face.....
make dua before you go to sleep...

Sura Naas and sura Falaq mustly
ayatul kusi and sura ikhlas three times(will recieve the sawab of a khatm e Quran)
Inshallah you will be in safe......no chance fo disturbance of satan or jinn(refer to meaning of sura naas and falaq...im sure you know that...inshallah)
And if you see bad dreams do what profet Mohammed (saws) did and told to do.

Jazakallah

Jazakallah

don't say just jazakAllah,

saying jazak Allah, it could be for good or bad.

make sure if you are intending good to say : Jazak Allah Khaira(n).

op:
what worked for me, when I had a bad episode of these at one time, Is i listened to a sheik, and he said anytime this occurs like you mentioned just get up and pray 2 rakat. As the shaytan, can't stand it if someone does a good deed, when shaytan was working on corruption of them.

wa Allah ya'lam

barakaAllah feekum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

@muslimda3ee:
Ofcourse brither...
Actually I always say Jazakallahu Khairan wa barakallahu feekum
though i don want to show any excuse, but ofcoursely my intention was for good,Allah knows the best

Jazakallahu Khairan for remembering me..

Allahafiz