ban burkas, niqabs in public

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum,
I dont agree to ban these but I do agree that the covering of the whole face,hands ect is not a MUST and that it is not in the quran, the quran tells us specifically to cover from head to toe but that we are allowed to show hands and face.......May Allah forgive my claims are wrong..What are your opinions on this? I live in Canada by the way and this ban attempt is in the capital of Canada, Ottawa. Sorry if this was already posted. Click the link below for the article..

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091007/091007_burka/20091007/?hub=CP24Home

how about like banning sun bathing in public for a start??......or mayb like banning the strip club at the corner of the street??.....it always starts with the Niqab then it will b HIJAB then the Abaya UNTILL ALL IS GONE I SUPPOSE......PATHETIC!!!!......WHERES THE SO CALLED FREEDOM??!!!!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
how about like banning sun bathing in public for a start??......or mayb like banning the strip club at the corner of the street??.....it always starts with the Niqab then it will b HIJAB then the Abaya UNTILL ALL IS GONE I SUPPOSE......PATHETIC!!!!......WHERES THE SO CALLED FREEDOM??!!!!

OH brother :) ur comments are great but Canadians govt is not behidn this :p its some group of muslim women who want that :D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum!
:(:( how dare they? subhanaAllah i dont believe this, it's coming from OTHER Muslim sisters:( what happenned to the UMMAH!!!!
oh Allah, you're the one who guides, guide us all, ya Allah you can put an end to this banning thing by your grace and mercy, oh Allah help those who have submitted to you. ya Allah make things easy for the Muslims who are been afflicted by this banning! ameen
and YEA where is the SO CALLED *freedom of experission and religion*??
pathetic!

andi kumala dewi

Wa'alaykumsalam warahmatullah

I have read about statement from syaikh Tantawi about Niqab,and make me dissapoint cause there are many in hadith and qura'an about niqab.
furthermore our scholars or ulama different opinion about niqab, whether obligatory or sunna, so we can't force someone.

I hope Muslim women in the region remain patient and keep the niqab :tti_sister:

OH brother :) ur comments are great but Canadians govt is not behidn this :p its some group of muslim women who want that :D

some GROUP OF muslim women???>.....NOT MUSLIM ENOUGH ACTUALLY.....if the grand cleric of egypt can b bought and sold then so can *SOME GROUP OF MUSLIM WOMEN*................

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
eating apples is neither compulsory nor recommended in Islam. but we cant ban it because its lawful to eat them.

even if niqab is not fard according to many scholars, NOBODY has right to stop our sisters wearing them.

NOBODY can make Haraam wht Allah has made Halaal.

i m sooooo angry @ those who want to ban it!!:angryred::mad::angryblue:

the irony is u can wear it easily in US, UK but not in turkey, egypt.

halah

Again and again and again

Whatever they say ,whatever they do,like this my hijab is
433685527rdwkBd_th.jpg

revert2007

Love Fishing
well how many eupe countries have this Nude Day..a speciall day where all of them go nude on the treet,to their work,to the shopping complex?

THEY ARE NOT CIVILISED AT ALL..STILL LIVING IN STONE AGES...DAMN !!!!!!

This is what they are suppose to bann...not the decent modest cloths..are these people out of their mind????and the muslims themselves are aginst it and wanna come out witha a fatwa?what fatwa?it has been clearly duscussed by all the scholors..

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
ya allah! so wierd.....
these people are doing all the wierd things...
may allah really guide them....
this world is really going astray -asthakfiuallah!...

well how many eupe countries have this Nude Day..a speciall day where all of them go nude on the treet,to their work,to the shopping complex?

THEY ARE NOT CIVILISED AT ALL..STILL LIVING IN STONE AGES...DAMN !!!!!!

This is what they are suppose to bann...not the decent modest cloths..are these people out of their mind????and the muslims themselves are aginst it and wanna come out witha a fatwa?what fatwa?it has been clearly duscussed by all the scholors..

actually they have nude day everyday cause whenever they go to the beach they take all their clothes off to get a tan jz to get a paki looking colour :p

VeiledKnight

Assalamu Alaikum,
I live in the USA, and I think that the niqab is close to but not yet a fard. It definitely is sunnah, and the quran does mention about the niqab.

Your Sister In Islam,
Veiled Knight

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

When it comes to Muslim matters I dont know why most of the Muslims forget is human rights ? or its freedom they talk about all the time, suddenly it disappear from the dictionary. If sisters want to wear niqab its nobody's business to tell them not to, why always our Muslim people get in debate about these issues just because some of them dont do it doesn't mean they need to ban it,

We see mashaAllah our brothers and sisters jump first on these issues and start debating....

WolfWalker

Personally i think it should be a woman's choice to wear a burka or niqab. I am also Canadian and i think its sad that in Ontario at least, i don't know about the rest of the country, its perfectly legal for a woman to go topless, yet they want to stop women from wearing something that is modest. I have to really wonder what my country is coming to.

Anwarul

Niqab is a must (FARTH)

In the Holy Quran, Allah Subhanahuatala said,Surah An-Nur, Verses #30 and #31 ‘And Say to the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), ...........and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or dress like veil, gloves, head cover, apron), Now the word ADORNMENT means beauty. Who can argue that women's face is not a part of their beauty. Even in non- Muslim countries, where most often they see women’s everything, but still chase after a woman based on her face most of the time, , but in all Muslim countries, face alone is enough beauty to fall behind a woman. So it is from Quran, a must to wear niqab. It is not just from Hadith, or sunnah. My second point is in Alazhar, the head said, under four conditions women can wear niqab, such as a VERY BEAUTIFUL woman. Now my question is who is there to judge all the time, who is VERY and who is NOT VERY beautiful. We all know, beauty is a relative term, one person may not be beautiful in one's eye, but may be beautiful in other's eyes. The third point is in all Muslim countries, including, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, till to date a vast majority is wearing niqab, and why is Al- Azhar going against those vast majority. The fourth point is the security point is baseless. There is not even single instance in any western country, that man wearing niqab has blown out himself as a suicide bomber. So, why ban niqab, why not bikini. Only to create more bitterness, chaos among the people of Adam and let each other destroy themselves. May Allah guide us.