Banned from the masjid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
There's no way a police department would issue a restraining order without being 100% certain that the alleged perpetrator has done harm/proved to have the potential to do harm. Police departments don't just issue restraining order like candy.

It's sad to see that members here lack reflective judgement regarding many issues other than this one. It's a shame most of my brothers and sisters are so damned gullible to easily take sides without using just a few brain cells to have a broad in-depth analysis of the situation. Someone actually said, "the prophet would be angry if he was here." No, the prophet is wise; he would listen to both parties before making his judgement.

And you wonder how 11 million Jews have power over 2 billion Muslims.

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.
Quran.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The letter came in the mail. It was a certified letter. It is from the masjid. I telephoned the police department and asked them how legal is the letter of trespass. The police notified me that if I walk onto the grounds of the masjid and people see me I will be arrested. I will be fined up to $10,000.00

I wrote that. The police only enforce the trespass if they are notified.

Thus, in this case it would be Muslims notifying the police about a Muslim woman attempting to pray in a masjid.

I thought I had made that clear. The police do not issue notices of trespass;

So in my case it has nothing to do with the Jews. I guess I am looking for the Muslim warrior who will stand up to this brother. And in this case it is me.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Wa alaikum asalaam.

Respected Sister, it sounds as though this brother is upsetting others than just yourself, and there must be people at the masjid who understand the situation only too well. Remind yourself that this brother will have to answer to Allah swt for his actions, and as we are aware, hotheaded responses rarely achieve their intent.

I think this is better dealt with by someone closer to the situation. It is more modest for a family member or friend to attempt to mediate on your behalf. By all means check out the legal situation, but it is better if things can be resolved amiably, inshaAllah.

Allah hafiz

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

One of the reasons that I posted this situation on the website was to help me clear my mind. And your responses have.

I have written a letter to the iman at the masjid asking him to intervene and given a copy of the letter to a pious brother.

I have also decided that I am not going to fight this. This is not an isolated instance. This is a practice of the brother. I find it amusing when the family questions why there is no sense of commitment at this masjid.

I was given an opportunity to see how a masjid functions on a daily level. I saw first hand how decisions are made. I have gained much experience and know first hand how to suggest changes to benefit the community at large.

I understand the need for the imam of a masjid to have awareness of the business aspects. When a single person has more say in the running of the masjid and is not a religious man than there are serious problems.

I barely spoke to this brother. The imams are the ones who would smile and put their heads down as I would come running with my suggestions and opinions. They did listen and respond and sometimes I would hear a word or two in the kuthba.

I am going to chill. InshaAllah, there is a masjid waiting for me where I can employ all my wonderful ideas to build a strong community that serves all the members of the community making everyone want to be a Muslim.

Jazaak Allahu Kharin for your input and dua.

Precious Star

Aapa,

1. There would have been an affidavit filed in support of the restraining order. The Affidavit will indicate the reasons that the judge relied on. Ask your lawyer to get a copy of it.

2. If you are going to go through legal channels about this issue, I really think you should stop discussing it on the forum here. Please.

3. Aren't there other mosques you can pray at? If you really would like to pray in congregation, then what difference does it make where?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

I am discussing this on the forum as I stated to remove the elements of overreaction. My first reaction was to call every Muslim male hating organization and hand him to them. I have calmed down.

It is not a restraining order. It is a notice of trespass. It is originated by the masjid. Should I walk onto the grounds of the masjid, as it is private property, the owners of the private property can have me arrested. As I wrote I called the local police district and asked if they could enforce this. And the police replied they would should they be called.

I do appreciate your concern. I was gaining a sense of perception. And in a sense of disbelief that a man who calls himself a Muslim would behave in this manner.

The heart of the issue is simple. Yes, I can drive to three or four masjids. I can pray on every inch of the Earth. But, this man is in the wrong. He can not dictate who is allowed to pray at the masjid and who is not. He is not a scholar, he is not an imam. He is simply a businessman who is getting a major tax deduction and using religion to do so. He has dishonored me. He is wrong. Although this may seem like a very light issue it is not. He has no authority to act as a representative of Islam to banish someone from a masjid.

So, I will wait until the Day of Judgement.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
There is no doubt that this man is wrong. This is very shocking. He must be very arrogant and stupid. What crime have you done? Sister, please do not go near this masjid, I don't think we want you being arrested for someone's else stupidity.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Thank you brother, I am not going near it. It does hurt as my father was so instrumental in getting it. ( last time I was arrested I did look good in handcuffs; many many moons ago)

John Smith

Any explanation given why you were banned?.

Odd behaviour banning someone from a Masjid without a valid reason.

tic_tac_toe

Assalam alaikum,

Long story short:

I worked as a teacher at the Islamic school. The proprietor removed his wife as the main administrator; brought in his daughter; fired the principal and many of the staff members. Late in August he tried to reprimand me in front of others. He was verbally abusive. I told him to stop. I told him he was not my husband nor was I a dependent of his. I was fired the next day by his daughter and her husband.

I contacted the major Muslim organization. They told me they could not help me but that I should seek a law suit. I spoke an imam at a respected masjid in the area. He was willing to assist me. I reflected and decided I want to forgive others. I did not want to bring any negative light upon Muslims. This was a deeply thought out decision. I am constantly asking Allah subhana wa taala to forgive me. I decided whatever had happened was water under the bridge and I supplicated that Allah subhana wa taala give me better.

I continued to attend the prayers. Each day I walk with my mother for the afternoon prayer. It is good exercise for her. She truly enjoys it. And we attend jumma. We harm no-one. We say salaam and leave.

The masjid is the house of Allah. It is not exclusive. The brother has issues but there is no reason whatsoever that he would take such serious matters into his hands. He can not stop a Believer from praying.

I did not wish to fight this. But, I am not going to allow a man with a little extra-pocket change bully a woman from praying to Allah subhana wa taala. I am not sure what planet he came from but this is the USofA.

The saddest part of this is that my father was his guide to hajj. And he knows my mother can not attend the masjid without me.

I write the truth, as always, for I fear Allah subhana wa taala.

I received a certified letter in the mail stating I will be charged with trespassing if I set foot on the masjid grounds. Let me think it out before I give out information. I am very upset. If I do go to the masjid I will be arrested and fined up to $10,000.00 I spoke to the police department.

I am writing this to help me overcome the emotionality and become calm. Once again, this has nothing to do with the imam.

:bismillah1:

:salam2: Sister,

In Islam we are supposed to have the best of impressions about our fellow Muslim brother and sister and take their words on face value, therefore I genuinely feel sad for you about what you have described.

Your mother is like our mother so we are all seriously concerned.

For the Masjid to have gone so far they must have considered all options on the table and the consequences of their actions so in my view escalating hostilities won’t benefit either you or them. In addition, we neither want you (our Sister) nor the Masjid dragged through the mud in the media and don’t want the money of the Ummah (from either side) to be spent unnecessarily.

Masjid is the house of Allah (SWT) so all Muslims have the right to worship there and by the same token the Administration has the right to ensure safety, security and sanctity of the house of :Allah: so the resolution is for someone to intervene and listen to both sides of the story.

Someone needs to get involved and make Sul’h (reconcile between two parties) as the Qur’aan has commanded us so I am sure that you know the contact details of the Masjid Administration and it’s time to get on the phone and offer that you are willing to sit down with an independent (or a group) of Muslims and reconcile.

You may have to gives some concessions and they may have to give some concessions, let the Qur’aan & Sunnah be the judge between the two parties and either of the two parties need to curb their violations of Islamic (Shariah), the agreement should be written down and signed.

This is the Qur’aanic way to reconcile between believers.

:wasalam:

:jazaak:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

I now know why it that we need two women to stand up for each other.

No. I think I have provided sufficient reasons. In summary:

The brother saved the masjid from sinking by investing money. He still pays the note. His wife took over the school. He was unhappy with many aspects of the school. He then fired the principal and replaced her with his daughter. In the change of administration I was let go. The brother as I have written tried to reprimand me. I told him it was not his place. I was not rude. He was very abusive to me to the point of placing his index finger close to my nose. I told him to put his hand down. Two days later his daughter and son in law called me under false premise for a meeting. Dumb me asked the son in law why he was there, in a good tone. I was fired.

I did contact a major organization for Muslim rights. They suggested I hire an attorney. I spoke to an imam. He was willing to help arbitrate with the administration as they had breached my contract. To make matters worse I can not collect what is called here unemployment compensation. I believe it is what the English call the dole. A religious institution does not pay into the tax.

I learned a lot and had thoroughly enjoyed teaching my little daughters as I called them. It was time to move on. I do not hold grudges. I took the circumstances to be a test of faith. I decided to forgive everyone and move on.

As this is the local masjid I continued to attend the prayers. And as I have written I used the opportunity to walk with my mother daily to attend afternoon prayers. If I saw the imams I would extend a salaam and greet the few sisters daily. On jumma, it was just hugs and kisses from the sisters.

When the postman knocked on the door and requested my signature for a letter I was surprised. The return address on the letter was the masjid. It is a form letter filled out with my name and address. It has a signature of a staff worker at the masjid and at the bottom it is written: time period to be banned is forever.

I telephoned the local police district and asked them about the legality of the notice of trespass. The police officer was disturbed and we laughed about it. I double checked with her and asked " If I go to the masjid grounds and someone there calls the police I can be arrested? The reply was yes.

This man has taken the same action against former principals and members of the board of directors. People just leave.

I have no reason to lie. I have no reason to lie.

My walking with my mother to the masjid to worship has nothing to do with this brother. As I have written I would exchange salaams with a handful of brothers and the imams. The friends of my sons always extend a salaam and silly smile.

I am not making a big deal; I was stunned.

I take my faith very seriously. This is below the belt, as they say. I am about good. I do not harm people. My life has been devoted to helping others.

I sincerely want to thank all of you. You have helped me. I questioned myself. And this is not a reflection on me.

Brother, please forgive me for my book length response. ( just got back from a great job interview..energy level high..need coffee to calm down)

Brother Tic Tac Toe,

Yes, brother. I have written a letter to the imam.

Please understand that I posted this to help me overcome the emotionality of the issue. And each one of you has helped me with this. I am a protector of my faith.

Once again, may Allah reward each one of you being there for me.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

I now know why it that we need two women to stand up for each other.

No. I think I have provided sufficient reasons. In summary:

The brother saved the masjid from sinking by investing money. He still pays the note. His wife took over the school. He was unhappy with many aspects of the school. He then fired the principal and replaced her with his daughter. In the change of administration I was let go. The brother as I have written tried to reprimand me. I told him it was not his place. I was not rude. He was very abusive to me to the point of placing his index finger close to my nose. I told him to put his hand down. Two days later his daughter and son in law called me under false premise for a meeting. Dumb me asked the son in law why he was there, in a good tone. I was fired.

I did contact a major organization for Muslim rights. They suggested I hire an attorney. I spoke to an imam. He was willing to help arbitrate with the administration as they had breached my contract. To make matters worse I can not collect what is called here unemployment compensation. I believe it is what the English call the dole. A religious institution does not pay into the tax.

I learned a lot and had thoroughly enjoyed teaching my little daughters as I called them. It was time to move on. I do not hold grudges. I took the circumstances to be a test of faith. I decided to forgive everyone and move on.

As this is the local masjid I continued to attend the prayers. And as I have written I used the opportunity to walk with my mother daily to attend afternoon prayers. If I saw the imams I would extend a salaam and greet the few sisters daily. On jumma, it was just hugs and kisses from the sisters.

When the postman knocked on the door and requested my signature for a letter I was surprised. The return address on the letter was the masjid. It is a form letter filled out with my name and address. It has a signature of a staff worker at the masjid and at the bottom it is written: time period to be banned is forever.

I telephoned the local police district and asked them about the legality of the notice of trespass. The police officer was disturbed and we laughed about it. I double checked with her and asked " If I go to the masjid grounds and someone there calls the police I can be arrested? The reply was yes.

This man has taken the same action against former principals and members of the board of directors. People just leave.

I have no reason to lie. I have no reason to lie.

My walking with my mother to the masjid to worship has nothing to do with this brother. As I have written I would exchange salaams with a handful of brothers and the imams. The friends of my sons always extend a salaam and silly smile.

I am not making a big deal; I was stunned.

I take my faith very seriously. This is below the belt, as they say. I am about good. I do not harm people. My life has been devoted to helping others.

I sincerely want to thank all of you. You have helped me. I questioned myself. And this is not a reflection on me.

Brother, please forgive me for my book length response. ( just got back from a great job interview..energy level high..need coffee to calm down)

Brother Tic Tac Toe,

Yes, brother. I have written a letter to the imam.

Please understand that I posted this to help me overcome the emotionality of the issue. And each one of you has helped me with this. I am a protector of my faith.

Once again, may Allah reward each one of you being there for me.

Assalam alaikum,

Long story short:

I worked as a teacher at the Islamic school. The proprietor removed his wife as the main administrator; brought in his daughter; fired the principal and many of the staff members. Late in August he tried to reprimand me in front of others. He was verbally abusive. I told him to stop. I told him he was not my husband nor was I a dependent of his. I was fired the next day by his daughter and her husband.

I contacted the major Muslim organization. They told me they could not help me but that I should seek a law suit. I spoke an imam at a respected masjid in the area. He was willing to assist me. I reflected and decided I want to forgive others. I did not want to bring any negative light upon Muslims. This was a deeply thought out decision. I am constantly asking Allah subhana wa taala to forgive me. I decided whatever had happened was water under the bridge and I supplicated that Allah subhana wa taala give me better.

I continued to attend the prayers. Each day I walk with my mother for the afternoon prayer. It is good exercise for her. She truly enjoys it. And we attend jumma. We harm no-one. We say salaam and leave.

The masjid is the house of Allah. It is not exclusive. The brother has issues but there is no reason whatsoever that he would take such serious matters into his hands. He can not stop a Believer from praying.

I did not wish to fight this. But, I am not going to allow a man with a little extra-pocket change bully a woman from praying to Allah subhana wa taala. I am not sure what planet he came from but this is the USofA.

The saddest part of this is that my father was his guide to hajj. And he knows my mother can not attend the masjid without me.

I write the truth, as always, for I fear Allah subhana wa taala.

I received a certified letter in the mail stating I will be charged with trespassing if I set foot on the masjid grounds. Let me think it out before I give out information. I am very upset. If I do go to the masjid I will be arrested and fined up to $10,000.00 I spoke to the police department.

I am writing this to help me overcome the emotionality and become calm. Once again, this has nothing to do with the imam.

:bismillah1:

:salam2: Sister,

The issue has nothing to do with two women witnesses or 2 male witnesses, the issue is between you & the Masjid and it needs to be resolved and someone independent needs to step in offer to arbitrate the matter as it may be cheaper and more expedient. I would suggest asking for other Mosques & Imams to arbitrate even if its in email where both sides have the opportunity to say their piece.

There is no reason for them to be confrontational.

There is no reason for you to be confrontational.

Let cooler heads prevail. In the meantime set your alarm at Tahajjud time and cry your heart out to :Allah: and let your heart and soul soak in the Mercy of :Allah:

:wasalam:

:jazaak:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

The post in which I am rather angry was posted prior to me reflecting and changing my mind. As I wrote I used the opportunity of reading what others had to say to help me cool down.

I am not asking for any monetary gains. I am not asking for any lawyers to be involved. I am waiting to hear from the imam.

And trust me...I call out to Allah subhana wa taala. I am living proof that dua is answered. ( sometimes after my prayers have been answered I ask myself..why did you freak out when everything transpired so smoothly!)

Just like now...I see the blessings.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

The post in which I am rather angry was posted prior to me reflecting and changing my mind. As I wrote I used the opportunity of reading what others had to say to help me cool down.

I am not asking for any monetary gains. I am not asking for any lawyers to be involved. I am waiting to hear from the imam.

And trust me...I call out to Allah subhana wa taala. I am living proof that dua is answered. ( sometimes after my prayers have been answered I ask myself..why did you freak out when everything transpired so smoothly!)

Just like now...I see the blessings.

The issue needs to be resolved because you are hurt and your mother is being deprived of her visits of the house of :Allah: so the matter needs to be picked up and resolved.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

Please do not destroy my image of the tough American cookie...but you words are correct. InshaAllah, everything will be resolved in the best of manners.

peaceful woman

I don't know what to say sister but im really shocked what kind of muslim who prevents u from going to Masjid, that is really oppression......What ever u doing or u did, he should not interfere the other part who are non-muslim to stop u legally from approaching to masjid.....He is seriously rude.
Anyway, if he interfered non-muslim in this case....please, don't do the same: either talk with the muslims in your community, and share with them what happend to you, and what this rude person did to u....But i still insist, don't go to court or any,where to sue him....It is enough, what the non muslim tell about us: how we kill each other every day, and that we are uncivilized, and more......Go to Allah, put your case between Allah's hands, and He will surely gets your own back. May Allah retaliate to u.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I won't go to court. Besides, in most cases when you have a lawyer they try to work things out before you see the judge. I am going to work with the imam. He is a good man.

peaceful woman

Assalaam alaikum,

I won't go to court. Besides, in most cases when you have a lawyer they try to work things out before you see the judge. I am going to work with the imam. He is a good man.

May Allah be with u, say more حسبي الله ونعم الوكيل hasbia Allah waniaama elwakel

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I called ADAMS Center at (703) 433- 1325 (found their # on their website) and they me that there was no such incident! They even said this "turnover" has occurred 2 years ago and even the principal has been working there ever since.

Why are you making up stories, Aapa? For Attention??? I knew this story just didn't make sense from the get go. This is the United States of America. People here have rights and big organizations such as ADAMS has legal consultants. No way in hell will they do anything stupid without legal advice. You made me waste my brother-in-law's time and energy!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I said it was not the ADAMS center.

Slow down. I have everything under control. I was not going to involve the ADAMS center.

I do not lie.

I just got of the phone with the imam there.

I guess I must thank you, son. He is going to speak to my imam to help him address the brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.