BBC:Big Question, Banning Burkah

vegangoth

Banned
I liked that everyone agreed that the Burka should NOT be banned despite the majority of people being againts them, including one Musim man who's beleif I totally share. It was refreshing to hear a Muslim being againts the Burka, it made for a more balanced view and show's that not all Muslims agree with each other.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Islam sees modesty as a natural part of being a human, more so being a woman. I bet you if the majority of women were asked whether modesty is a good thing they would answer with a resounding YES. If your starting point is that promiscuity is a good thing then we have no meeting grounds.

Modesty comes in many forms. Dress code is only one of them. The debate about whether to cover the face or not is quite old in Islam. We are not going to solve it any time soon. I don't personally think that it is a must but I have to say those who support covering the face have a solid argument. Every one would agree that the face is one of the most beautiful part of a woman. Just see how much care is spent on beautifying it.

I don't quite see how covering one's face will subject them to a live of servitude while having your naked photos sold in an auction (Mrs Sarkozy) is empowering and has "artistic value" !! It just can't get more silly than this.

The argument about "restricting communications" is rubbish. This is the age where people communicate using SMS, the web and Twitter. The veil did not prevent some early Muslim women from participating in all walks of life. One of the Prophet's (peace be upon him) wives was instrumental in transferring massive amount of Islamic knowledge to us despite adhering to Islamic code of conduct. If a modest woman cannot lead an easy and normal life then the society is where the problem is. I suspect if you take your values from the likes of Sarkozy then there is not much I can do about it.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

This is totally ridiculous dont these ignorant peopl see that they have far more bigger issues to tackle than a womens closet its sad that they believe covering the face and dressing modestly and behaving chaste will bring problems in this society when they have women that dress inappropriate every day why dont they ban mini skirts or bikinis they are the items of clothing if any that cause the problems that harm and bring problems such as Teenage pregrancy, STI, STD and to add a sexually loose society is much more harmful than a chaste modest one if they feel uncomfortable with pieces of clothing they really need to look at themselves......

And this French Sarcozy whatever can tackle his issues instead of meddling with muslim womens rights and freedom...I dont see him banning a nun's veil and other religious items of clothing??? he is a hypocrite that is scared of ISLAM spreading with its beauty and morals... But Allah will prefect his light and spread it where ever he wills so this tyrant can do nothing

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I liked that everyone agreed that the Burka should NOT be banned despite the majority of people being againts them, including one Musim man who's beleif I totally share. It was refreshing to hear a Muslim being againts the Burka, it made for a more balanced view and show's that not all Muslims agree with each other.

Needless to say, these muslims do not represent the entire Muslims community's view. There are thousands of Muslims who acknowledge themselves as muslims but in practical they actually no different with pagans and kaffirs. Any one on this earth can claim to be muslim but at the same time talk things againt Islamic teachings. I've hindu friends who is not suppose to eat beef, but he eat them. Can I say the whole hindu community now can eat beef? Only opportunist like you will come to such conclusion.

vegangoth

Banned
Needless to say, these muslims do not represent the entire Muslims community's view.

Yes that was my point, that no every Muslims has the same view

There are thousands of Muslims who acknowledge themselves as muslims but in practical they actually no different with pagans and kaffirs. Any one on this earth can claim to be muslim but at the same time talk things againt Islamic teachings.

Yes but when It comes to views on the burka it has already been established that it's ( the burka) is not an actual religous obligation, it's not compulsery in Islam to wear one. So saying that a muslim who is against them is going againts islamic teachings is wrong.

I've hindu friends who is not suppose to eat beef, but he eat them. Can I say the whole hindu community now can eat beef? Only opportunist like you will come to such conclusion.

I feel sometimes that many people hold on to a religon ( regardless of what it is) for a sese of identity more than an actual spirtual belief. We all have heard of people who identify as Jewish who don't practise the religon anymore, we have a comdedian over here who is from a sikh family, he calls himslef a sikh, wear a turban, doesn't cut his hair but is not in any way religous. So I can see how it is possibel ( of a wee bit strange) that some people call themselfes Hindu or Muslim but don't follow it to the letter. But then with so much diversity amongs The Muslim coumminty with regards to what denomonation ( for want of a better word) to follow i.e Whabbie i'm finding it incresingely difficult to actually pin point what it is Muslims are actually ment to wear, eat,drink etc.

Why am I an opportunist?