Be careful with your words

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Salam aleikum
This is a short reminder for all of us ...

There are many daily expressions that we use in our language , that we should avoid ,especially the slang words that we use ..
Allah is telling us in many verses of the Quran to rememeber Him ,to do dhikr ..
How do we do dhikr ?First in the Salah ,second by doing Tasbih and third in our hearts also ...
We should not be shy to use the expressions of remembering Allah ,like SubhanAllah ,Alhamdulillah ,Jazakallah khair in our dayly life..
We should not be ashamed of these words ,.because this is also form of dhikr .

Nowdays in our language we replaced these words of remembering Allah with slang words ,instead of saying SubhanAllah we say WOW ,or instead of Jazakallah khair we say thank you ,and etc...
Its very common for people to say "Oh my Gosh" and its very wrong ,because who are you calling upon ? Who is gosh ? Some say that Christians they used to say 'Oh My God' and then people who were not believeing in God ,they changed it to gosh ,so we need to be very careful with our words ,because some of them can be considered as form of shirk..Don't use expressions that you dont know ,you dont know what they mean ,because you might take something and it has whole history behind it ,and you have no idea ..

It is recorded in the hadith Qudsi :

I come up to the expectations of My servant. I am with him when he remembers Me. When he makes mention of Me in his heart, I make mention of him to Myself. When he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in a better gathering (of the angels). (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

nita madjid

Alamdulillahirrabilalamin

It's a perfect reminder for me sister. InsyaAllah Allah will protect those who remind his brother/sister on the way to approach Allah as well as those who are willing to take the good advice.

Assalamualaikum wr.wb.

icadams

wa-‘Alaykum us-Salam Sister,

Jazak-Allahu khayran, this is a good reminder for all of us. All of the little things that we do each day add up and have profound affects on our deen.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair my sister. Indeed that is so straight to the point and very beneficial.

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) keep you and us steadfast in His Deen.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
WaAlaikum Wassalaam sister:D

tabarakaAllah very good reminder:D I certainly fall into the group who say *Oh my gosh* or *oh my GOD* but as you have already said it's not goood so.....lo0ol, I changed it to *oh my Allah* or OMA:D
anywho, JazakaAllah khairan for sharing dear sister:D
keeeeepp smilling:D

Allah hafiz now and alwaaaaaaaaaysssss:D
*PS...keep posting these kinda reminders sister, I also liked your other thread about the Masjid and those who dont look at their shortcomings but are quick to judge others:D

May Allah reward you with Jannah for your efforts....Ameeeen ya Ilahi:D

halah

:salam2:

Wa :salam2:alikum asslam,jazaki Allah khair dear sister for this great reminder as it become very common even among the Arab to use those expressions,may Allah make us all among those who follow the best of what they hear:tti_sister: