Beard and the Pants above the ankles What the Salaf said

facethetruth

In the name of Allah the most merciful.
This one of the things to prove my point, a person who call himselfe a Salafi does not mean that they follow the Salaf they could follow the recent "Salafi" scholars more.

Salam Alikom,

In deen ALL scholored agreed on when the prophet prayres and peace be upon him make an order without an exception in different occasion then it is a Fard (Mandatory) the beard is like that. Now to cut from it is allowed because Ibn Omar did it and non of the companions said anything to him though personally I dont prefer trimming it. Akhi if you dont have a beard it is OK admit it and ask Allah to give you the strength to have one. I did not have one at point but I would ve admite that I was wrong till Allah blessed me, and if somebody trims his beard and make it not too long dont act like he is a Fasiq...

Pants above the ankles.

It really shocks me when people will act as the pants above the ankle is mandatory and this is the strong opinion. Brothers and sisters this is THE WEAK opinion and may Allah forgive the "shaikhs" who dont tell you all the opinions. Brothers and Sisters this is really something serious and everytime I talk to somebody they dont know about it, JUST most of the recint scholars such Ibn Othaimen and Ibn baz said that this is the strong opinion the Jomhor of the SALAF which mean the majority of the credited salaf scholars said if it is not for arrogance it is NOT haram and then they argued about whether it is Makrooh or Not. Wallahi we are in time that is so sad where recent scholars who are like a drop of the ocean of our salaf give different opinions about stuff that is already settled and we leave the SALAf scholars opinions to follow the recent ones though they call themselves SALAF. If you want to follow IBn Othaimean I have no problem with that but pls note that this is the minority opinion. Here a post that I am going to copy that I have wrote recently just to save time.

Isbal, pants above the ankle. If it is not out of arrogance it is NOT haram and the scholars are the Jomhour who say that such from Shafie Nawai and Ibn Hajar, Ibn Abd Albar From Hanbali Shaikh al islam and also reported a narration from Ahmad that it is Makrooh to have it lower the ankles. Also Alshawkani said the same thing. From the maliki in the book of Albajy Fe Almoltaka in the explination of Almowata that it is harm for arrogance.People who said that is Haram both ways are the current scholars beside few recent Maliki like IBn alarabi and others.

The Hadeeth is clear in Bukhari when our prophet prayres and peace be upon him told Abu bakir you dont do it out of arrogance so it is OK and there is no exception from the religion to a Human even if it is Abu bakir as our prophet prayers and peace be upon him said if Fatima the daughter of Muhammad steeled I wouldve cut her hand.

Conclusion it is a sunnah and no problem with it but it is not haram, and believe it or not that I have doubts that some people who will do the Isbal out of arrogance and Allah knows their intentions!!!

What is more important these days are the 100,000$ Mercedes or 11 bedrooms house this is much closer to the Haram than 5 cm of clothe. Pls lets understand and apply the beautiful soul of our religion and the great goals that it was sent to.

To check some of the resources and there are many more,
Ibn Miflih 351 reported this opinion of Abu Hanifa
Ibn Abd Albar fe Altamheed 3/244
Shafie in Majmoo 177/3
Hanbali Aliknaa 139

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
The following is very clear. Look like you have misunderstood certain hadiths.

Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'Whatever of the Izar comes below the ankles is in the Fire.'"
Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 5330
In-book reference : Book 48, Hadith 291
English translation : Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5332

It was narrated that Ash'ath said:
"I heard Sa'eed bin Jubair narrate from Ibn 'Abbas that the Prophet [SAW] said: 'Allah will not look at the Musbil (the one who lets his Izar come below the ankles).'"

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

Brother I am sorry, but you are not a scholar to be contradicting fatawa and giving your own opinions based on hawaa. Also, you have no right to declare the scholars of today as not following the way of the Salaf.

The scholars such as Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saleh al uthaymin (rahimahullah), only came with rulings based on the Quran and Sunnah, with the understanding of the Salaf, the ulema who came before them. You suggest they create their own opinions which were not of the Salaf, and this is a very wrong statement. A lie against them, La hawla wa la quwwata illaa billah. If you want to not follow something, then this is your choice, but please do not degrade the honour of the scholars with nonsense.

facethetruth

Brother Abu Loren,
No it is not clear :) it is a lot more complicated thats why there are few scholars in the world... The only time it is clear when the person finishes studying Ossol Fiqh such qyas, Motlak and Mokayad, Aam and 5as, then Fiqh then Arabic language besides no All the Nasikh and Mansookh and become a Mojtahid in Mathhab then Mojtahid Motlak moreover add to that studying Arabic Grammer add Balagha then it is going to be clear. When I tell you Ahmad ibn Hanbal you should shake and would think 100 million times before saying an opinion against him especially when you are not supported from a scholar better than him. In some narrations Ahmad ibn Hanbal had 1 million hadeethes memorized yes 1 million so he wont know such famous two hadeethes???? OK if you want me to make a "taaseel" no problem you was lucky that I know the taseel of this.

In ossol fiqh there is something called Motlak and Mokyad. This means that an Aya or a Hadeeth would say something general but then another Aya or Hadeeth would give an exception for this rule and this plenty of examples in our deen. Imajin I come to tell you brother it is very clear that liquer is Halal, you would be like what!!!! I would tell you Allah sobhanah wa talah said in the Quran in Surat Al araf in verse 31 "O Children of Adam! Look to your adornment at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but be not prodigal. Lo! He loveth not the prodigals. (31)" so I will tell you as long as I dont waste or drink a lot it is OK which includes liqure, you would tell me no brother you made a mistake, I would tell you why, you would say this is Motlaq and Allah did the Mokyad in the famous verse that Made Liquer Haram. The same thing here In genral our prophet prayers and peace be upon him ordered not to let the pants go lower the ancle but in another Hadeeth there is the Mokaiad which the hadeeth of Abu baker In Bukhari that Abu Baker asked the prophet about his Thob goes under his ankle our prophet prayers and peace be upon him said o Abu Baker you are not from the ones who do them out of arrogance. BROTHERS AND SISTERS the hadeeth is very clear and the scholars all of them support this hadeeth so lets stop here about something abvois like this, and sorry to say that but if you are still not convinced you are not from the Salaf and you dont belong to them because non of the Salaf would stick with their shaikhs opinon and leave a hadeeth and ALL the four Imams beside Shaikh Alislam and Alshawkani. Here is the Arabic version of the hadeeth sorry I dont read hadeethes in English and one more thing for why there is Motlak and Mokyad it is an Arabic thing that I can talk about it later inshalah I am just a bit nervouse because I have been talking about this simple thing for too long..

1-عن ابن عمر رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنهُ أن النبي صَلَّى اللَّهُعَلَيهِ وَسَلَّم قال: "من جر ثوبه خيلاء لم ينظر اللَّه إليه يوم القيامة" ، فقالأبو بكر: يا رَسُول اللَّهِ إن إزاري يسترخي إلا أن أتعاهده. فقال رَسُول اللَّهِصَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ وَسَلَّم: "إنك لست ممن يفعله خيلاء" رَوَاهُ البُخَارِيُّتحت باب (من جر إزاره من غير خيلاء) فكأنه يرى الجواز، وروى مسلمبعضه.

facethetruth

"your own opinions based on hawaa"

My own opinion based on Hawa ????? brother what I have been talking about all day long, what about Malik, Shafie, Nawawi, IBn Hajar, IBn Abd Albar, Ahmad, Shaikh Alislam, Abu Hanifa, Alshawkani, Bukhari, brother do you know who these people are?????

Brother Alrisala for shafie was read by one of his students 600 times and every time the student would learn something new.

Who is Ahmad? Ahmad one person asked him can some one make a Fatwa and memorize 100,000 Hadeethes he said No they asked him 2 he said no they asked 3 he said no then he asked him 4 he said I hope. Some narrations says he had 1000,000 Hadeethes memorized.

Who is Shafei? Shafi used to cover one page from the book because when he reads the page one time he memorize it

Who Nawai. Nawai died at 40 something years old did not get married when they asked him why he said I forogot I was busy with knowledge

Who is Ibn Hajar? Ibn Hajar is the one who explained Albukhari

Who is Ibn Taymyah? Scholars at his time said no body was like him nor he saw anybody like him. The one who was welling to drop himselfe with a sufi in Fire to prove him wrong and he was sure that Allah will save him like Ibrahim, The one who did not just talk he applied and ride his horse and fought the Tatar, did not just stay in the Masjid giving fatawi

Who is Malik, Malik is the one who some malik pray with hands beside their sides because they saw him doing this but they did not know that he could not left his hands out of torture.

Brother I am speaking about GIANTS when these GIANTS agree on something PlS NO BODY OPEN HIS MOUTH.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum.

Again the issue is how you spoke about the scholars. There are many matters that have differences of opinion - with scholars today and also in the past. You have no right to say that a certain scholar is giving new opinions, or is not following the Salaf. This is what came across in your posts.

In sha Allah the following, will help:

I heard that the majority’s opinion regarding Isbaal (wearing one’s clothes below the ankle) is that it is makrouh; because of what Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him said and the prophet’s answer to it when he (PBUH) said: “you are not one of them” meaning one of those who do Isbaal out of pride.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a man lets his garment hang down below the ankle with the intention of being conceited and showing off, this is haraam and there is no difference of scholarly opinion concerning that, rather it is a major sin.

In the answer to question no. 762 we have quoted some of the ahaadeeth which speak of the prohibition on that.

With regard to the one who lets his garment hang below his ankle with no intention of being conceited and showing off, the scholars differed in this case and there are three points of view: that it is haraam, that it is makrooh and that it is permissible and not makrooh.

The majority of scholars from the four madhhabs are of the view that it is not haraam. There follow some of the comments of the scholars from different madhhabs concerning that:

Ibn Muflih said in al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (3/521):

Abu Haneefah (may Allaah be pleased with him) wore an expansive rida’ and let it drag on the ground. It was said to him: Are we not forbidden to do this? He said: That is for those who show off and we are not among them. End quote.

See: al-Fataawa al-Hindiyyah (5/333).

With regard to the Maalikis, some of them were of the view that it is haraam, such as Ibn al-‘Arabi and al-Quraafi.

Ibn al-‘Arabi said in ‘Aaridat al-Ahwadhi (7/238):

It is not permissible for a man to let his garment go beyond his ankle and say that he is not being arrogant by doing so, because the text mentions the prohibition and refers to the reason, and it is not permissible for anyone to say I am not one of those referred to in the text, because the reason does not apply to me, because that attitude goes against sharee’ah and is an unacceptable claim. It is a kind of arrogance to make one’s garment and izaar longer, so he is definitely lying. End quote.

Other Maalikis are of the view that it is makrooh and not haraam.

Al-Haafiz Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed (3/244):

This hadeeth indicates that the one who lets his garment drag for a reason other than pride and arrogance is not subject to the warning mentioned, but letting the izaar, chemise and any other garment drag is blameworthy in all cases. End quote.

It says in Haashiyat al-‘Adawi (2/453):

There is a difference of opinion concerning that which comes lower than the ankles if it is not done out of arrogance. Al-Hattaab – a Maaliki scholar – concluded that it is not haraam, rather it is makrooh. Al-Tadhkirah – a book by Imam al-Quraafi – concluded that is that it is haraam.

It seems that the most likely to be correct is the view that it is emphatically makrooh. End quote.

With regard to the Shaafa’is, they stated that it is not haraam unless it is done with the intention of showing off.

Imam al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, as was quoted from him by al-Nawawi in al-Majmoo’ (3/177): It is not permissible to let the garment hang low when praying or otherwise in order to show off. As for letting the garment hang low for reasons other than showing off when praying, it is not as serious, because of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he told him that his izaar slipped down on one side: “You are not one of them (i.e., those who let the garment hang down out of pride).” End quote.

And al-Nawawi said in Sharh Muslim (14/62):

It is not permissible to let the garment hang down below the ankles if it is done in order to show off. If it is done for any other reason then it is makrooh. The apparent meaning of the ahaadeeth which limit it to letting the garment drag in order to show off indicates that it is haraam specifically when done to show off. This was stated by al-Shaafa’i who differentiated between different cases. End quote.

Some of the Shaafa’is – such as al-Dhahabi and al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar – were of the view that it is haraam.

Al-Dhahabi said in Siyar A’laam al-Nubala’ (3/234), in response to the one who lets his garment hang below the ankle and says ‘I am not doing that to show off’:

You see him behaving in an arrogant manner and thinking of himself as not one of them (those who are arrogant), but this is a foolish notion. And you see him looking at a text that is general in meaning, and he limits its meaning on the basis of another, separate hadeeth, to conclude that it is only haraam when it is done in order to show off!

So he allows a concession based on the words of al-Siddeeq (Abu Bakr), who said: O Messenger of Allaah, my izaar slips down, and he said: “O Abu Bakr, you are not one of those who do that to show off.”

We say: Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) did not tie his izaar in such a way that it hung below the ankles in the first place, rather he tied it so that it came above the ankle, but it slipped down after that.

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The izaar of the believer should come to mid-calf, but it does not matter if it comes between (that point) and the ankle.” The same prohibition applies to the one who lets his trousers cover his ankles, or makes his sleeves too long. All of that is showing off which is deeply hidden in the psyche. End quote.

With regard to the Hanbalis, they stated that it is not haraam.

It says in al-Iqnaa’ (1/139):

It is makrooh for a man’s garment to come below his ankle unnecessarily. End quote.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni (2/298): It is makrooh to let the chemise, izaar and trousers come below the ankle, and if he does that in order to show off then it is haraam. End quote.

Ibn Muflih said in al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (3/521):

Shaykh Taqiy al-Deen (Ibn Taymiyah – may Allaah have mercy on him) favoured the view that it is not haraam, but he did not mention whether it is makrooh or not. End quote.

See: Sharh al-‘Umdah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (p. 361-362).

Al-San’aani (may Allaah have mercy on him) was of the view that it is haraam, and he wrote a book concerning that entitled Istifa’ al-Aqwaal fi Tahreem al-Isbaal ‘ala al-Rijaal.

The view that it is haraam is the view favoured by most of our contemporary scholars, such as Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Shaykh Ibn Jibreen, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, the scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas and others.

And Allaah knows best.
IslamQA

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
OK if you want me to make a "taaseel" no problem you was lucky that I know the taseel of this.
the hadeeth is very clear and the scholars all of them support this hadeeth so lets stop here about something abvois like this, and sorry to say that but if you are still not convinced you are not from the Salaf and you dont belong to them
Brother I am speaking about GIANTS when these GIANTS agree on something PlS NO BODY OPEN HIS MOUTH.

:salam: brother, please tone it down. You're not helping your case by writing in that sort of manner. You want to teach us something, khayr, just make sure you watch what you say and be careful of coming of as arrogant or making assumptions.

Jazaakallaahu Khayr.

facethetruth

Yes probably I should make my tone down, I was angry not acting arrogant.

"You're not helping your case by writing in that sort of manner"
It is not my case, I cant force you or other brothers or sisters to follow this, it is up to you, I did what I have to do infront of Allah.

and when I said he was lucky I meant that if I would not know the Taseel ,which there are many that I dont, of it then I would not be able to respond and many people would think that the Jomhour did not follow such a straight forward hadeeths like those.

Last edited:

facethetruth

Honestly I really respect Shaikh Monajed and pray for him he say many good stuff and say the truth. I always read from his Fatwas. I have problems with others who would just reveal the opinion that they believe in for example Fozan. Do you believe that I have a friend who is An Imam Masjid who just finished Rawdat Alnather and did not know this. I talked to tons of people who dont know that the Jomhour had the opposite opinion, that what really makes me angry when a "Shaikh" reveal his opinion as the absolute truth and he knows that it is the weak opinion or the minority. What is the result, the deviation in the Ummah all of these "Shaikhs" students think that all of these people whore are doing the Isbal are Fosaq and dont care about the religion, and Allah will held them accountable for causing this trouble among the Ummah. It made me to be histated from engaging to a sister because I kept talking to her about it and in the end I felt like she still have doubts about it and who wants to argue with a woman that he wants to marry in the first phone call about Forooa (branches) of Fiqh, and the problem many of them dont have enough knowledge and think that they do she kept saying like do you read Ryad Alsaliheen as it is an advance book or something, again pls no body missunderstand and think that I am acting arrogance, I am just upset of what of these things causing all the deviation among our ummah but inshalah it will stop.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Honestly I really respect Shaikh Monajed and pray for him he say many good stuff and say the truth. I always read from his Fatwas. I have problems with others who would just reveal the opinion that they believe in for example Fozan. Do you believe that I have a friend who is An Imam Masjid who just finished Rawdat Alnather and did not know this. I talked to tons of people who dont know that the Jomhour had the opposite opinion, that what really makes me angry when a "Shaikh" reveal his opinion as the absolute truth and he knows that it is the weak opinion or the minority. What is the result, the deviation in the Ummah all of these "Shaikhs" students think that all of these people whore are doing the Isbal are Fosaq and dont care about the religion, and Allah will held them accountable for causing this trouble among the Ummah. It made me to be histated from engaging to a sister because I kept talking to her about it and in the end I felt like she still have doubts about it and who wants to argue with a woman that he wants to marry in the first phone call about Forooa (branches) of Fiqh, and the problem many of them dont have enough knowledge and think that they do she kept saying like do you read Ryad Alsaliheen as it is an advance book or something, again pls no body missunderstand and think that I am acting arrogance, I am just upset of what of these things causing all the deviation among our ummah but inshalah it will stop.

Dear brother, be careful on speaking ill of the ulema' . If they give fatawa, they do not give it whilst thinking it is "weak opinion", they are in position to do that with knowledge of the Qur'an and sunnah. Nobody is forcing you to believe a certain thing. There are many small fiqh differences between Muslims and as such, we should not get overwhelmed and end up quarelling over it.

P.S Riyadh Saliheen is a nice book, "advanced" too! It is the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabaraktuh Akhi, May Allah swa put blessing in your knowledge but seriously you need to learn the etiquette of sharing the Elm. No doubt that i might be wrong, but It seems as though you are putting the Uluma down and placing your openion above them. Remember the ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of martyr.

Who can give Fatwa?
It is reported that Imâm Mâlik – Allâh have mercy on him – was asked, “Who is allowed to give religious rulings (fatwâ)? He replied:

Issuing fatwâ is not allowed except for a person who knows what the people have differed in. It was said, ‘Do you mean the different views of the people of opinions (those who depend more on analogy and speculation)? He replied, “No, [I mean] the different views of the Companions of Muhammad – Allâh’s praise and peace be upon him. And he must also know the textual evidence that abrogates [other rulings] and that which is abrogated [by other texts], both in the Quran and the hadîth of Allah’s Messenger – Allâh’s praise and peace be upon him. Such a person can issue fatâwâ.

Ibn ‘Abd Al-Barr, Jâmi’ Bayân Al-’Ilm wa Fadlihî article 1529.

It is reported that ‘Abdullâh b. Al-Mubârak – Allâh have mercy on him – was asked, “When can a person issue an edict (fatwâ)?” He replied, “When he is knowledgeable about the narrations (hadith and traditions of the Salaf), and has insight into [juristic] opinion.

Ibid. article 1532.

And no doubt with their deep understanding of the Qur'an and the sunnah all the ulama you mentioned like those of Ibn Utheymeen, Bin Baz and Fowzan are qualified.

Manners of student of knowledge!
It is reported that Abû Bakr Al-Matû’î said:
I sat in the circle of Abû ‘Abdillâh Ahmad b. Hanbal for twelve years while he read the Musnad to his children, and I never wrote a single hadîth, I only looked at his behavior, character and etiquette.
Ibn Al-Jawzî, Manâqib Ahmad, article 210.

It is reported that Al-Hasan b. Ismâ’îl said, ‘I heard my father say:
There would gather in the circle of Ahmad five thousand people or more; less than five hundred would write, the rest would learn from him good manners and behavior.’
Ibid.

It is reported that Sufyân Al-Thawrî said:
A man who wanted to write hadîth would [learn] manners and worship for twenty years before starting.
Abû Nu’aym, Hilyatu Al-Awliyâ`, 6:361.

facethetruth

Salam Alikom,

This will be my final reply. No Fozan is not an Alim and I am not speaking ill about him I am speaking the truth, and warning people from him, add to him Al Modkhali and his friends all over the globe(shaikh Fareed in the U.S., Raslan in Egypt and Halabi in Jordan) and I have also to worn people from the other "Salafi side" for example Makdesi and all the ones who spread the Takfir Ideology. EVERYBODY will be held accountable on the day of judgment and be sure to prepare good answer to Allah because the word Ulma, the Shia would use it, Sufies would use it and everybody else. Remember the Hadeeth of Udai when our prophet prayers and peace be upon him told him you worshiped your scholars, Odai respond o Rasul Allah when did not used to worship them he prayers and peace be upon him said did not you use to follow them when they turn the Haram to Hallal and the Hallal to Haram he said yes he prayers and peace be upon him said you worshiped them.

Ibn Baz and Ibn Othaimein are great scholars but they still make mistakes like everybody else, but Fozan and his gang are lying to the people and Allah will not take their words for you as an execuze on the day of judgment, Pls dont worry about me, I dont know you neither you know me, and I dont have much left to post that is needed. Worry about what are you going to tell Allah when Fozan says there is no Jihad in syria till the Wali give permission is worse than what the Shias says. When it is a fard aid no permision is asked. I really respect Monajid because he said that and that couldve lead him to jail but this how Ulmaa are tested. I have nothing to add everything is clear and I know exactly what can I say and what can I not about scholars, and I am ready to respond to Allah when he asks me on the day of judgement inshalah all glory to him.

Pls no body respond about how should I respect the Ulma if I read all of these books you should be sure that I have passed through these things, and I know when are the four times that it is Halal to do Ghiba so pls read what i have said and take care.

zaman12345

Salam.. when u mention all these big scholars name can u plz say rahimahullah (Allah have mercy on them) after their names, they aint our brothers or friends, they are big timers.. jazakallahu khairan

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahamtullahi Wabarkatuh,

Well brother, May Allah in whose hand is a clear guidance guide you and us. First and foremost if you know what the meaning of standing in front of Allah and answering him means, you would never utter words majority of your life.

Ibn Mas’ud –(radiyallaahu ‘anhu) – would advise his students,
If your intention is one of these three, do not seek knowledge:
~To shame the ignorant, or
~To argue with the Fuqahaa’ (scholars), or
~To cause people to turn their faces in your direction.

Intend with your actions and words that which is with Allaah, for indeed that which is with Allaah shall remain and everything else shall perish.

May Allah swa guide us.
Wasalamu Alaikum

Last edited by a moderator:
W.salam.

Being an Muslim, with below average understanding of Islam. At times brothers might not agree, it certain topics or issues. It happens, however we all have to keep our emotions in check. After all, we are the followers of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I need to work on this myself, to keep my emotions in check also (make dua for me In sha Allah).

I remember my ustad of Quranic studies explaining me a situation is logical terms. He said, the reason why it is a good choice to keep your pants at level or a bit elevated from the ankle is due to unpurity that we may find these days on our roads. I've personally seen dogs and even at times humans urinating just off the sidewalk were we walk. If our pants are dragging of these sidewalks and we take them into the masjid i believe that is not really a hygienic concept. I personally will try to elevate my pants a little to avoid coming into contact with such things. In sha Allah it will make Allah (swt) happy and we will get rewarded for our effort.

The rest brothers comes down to us. Some have more knowledge and like to abide to rules in a different manner. However, lets try to keep our clothes clean. Obviously, Allah and his Prophet (pbuh) loved cleanliness.

Forgive me if I had said something wrong. Allah knows best of all things.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
W.salam.

Being an Muslim, with below average understanding of Islam. At times brothers might not agree, it certain topics or issues. It happens, however we all have to keep our emotions in check. After all, we are the followers of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I need to work on this myself, to keep my emotions in check also (make dua for me In sha Allah).

I remember my ustad of Quranic studies explaining me a situation is logical terms. He said, the reason why it is a good choice to keep your pants at level or a bit elevated from the ankle is due to unpurity that we may find these days on our roads. I've personally seen dogs and even at times humans urinating just off the sidewalk were we walk. If our pants are dragging of these sidewalks and we take them into the masjid i believe that is not really a hygienic concept. I personally will try to elevate my pants a little to avoid coming into contact with such things. In sha Allah it will make Allah (swt) happy and we will get rewarded for our effort.

The rest brothers comes down to us. Some have more knowledge and like to abide to rules in a different manner. However, lets try to keep our clothes clean. Obviously, Allah and his Prophet (pbuh) loved cleanliness.

Forgive me if I had said something wrong. Allah knows best of all things.

Salaam bro

Good points Maa Shaa Allah but the hadith is about arrogance or dragging the clothing along the ground like royalty. But you are also right in that if we keep the clothing above ground then it will not pick up filth.

facethetruth

W.salam.

due to unpurity that we may find these days on our roads.

Jazzak Allah khair brother. First thank you for liking the post few liked it. But as the famous Abid owais said, commanding good and forbiding evil did not leave friends to the person who perform it. But I am sure you will take it. With respect to your teacher he is wrong. There is a very important rule in Fiqh that all scholars agree on that the origin of places is purity till something else prove it wrong. Thats why we can pray anywhere as in the Hadeeth.

On the other hand having the pants above the ankle is a Sunnah that no body can talk about and is better than not doing it but my point is when we turn the Sunnah to Fard and thats why I made this post.