beard

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
:salam2: brother

Welcome to TTI and enjoy your stay here

Alhamdulillah you already have beard, I'm trying hard to grow one, I'm asian, so you know what I meant. Do anything to make it nice and presentable, well, we are men of course!

wassalam

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
WeLCoMe To TTi
enjoy your stay here and if you want you can check the forums in TTI

Turn To Islam Start
Help Using Website
Introduce Yourself!

General Discussions
TurnToIslam Lounge !
Islamic Discussion
New and Current Affairs

TTI Member Central
His and Hers World
Word Games
Islamic Poetry
Learn Arabic

Islamic Files and Downloads @ TurnToIslam.Com
TurnToIslam Media Library
Quran Mp3 Downloads and Links
Nasheed/ Poetry Mp3 downloads.
Islamic Pictures
Mobile Zone

Islamic Media Section
New Muslim Video
Learn About Islam Videos
Quran Video
Nasheeds, Poems and Duas
Muslim Children Video
Muslim History Video
Learn How To do Prayer and Ablution Video

Islamic Articles Library
Islamic Articles And Important Information

Current Affairs Media Section
Palestine Video
Lebanon War
Iraq Video
Other Videos
Islamophobia

Other Languages
Arabic
Bosnian
French
German
Spanish
Portuguese
Italian
Dutch
Russian
Romanian

mohammed nasser

hello everyone i'am anew revert to islam and would like to know if i can trim my beard on my neck.
you are free to do this or not
anyway, many muslim scholars thought beard is must and other scholars say it is not a must
i have read this matter in detail so you are free to do what you want and suit your society

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
I'd have a second beard sprouting from my neck if I didn't shave it regularly. I mean, I'm quite happy to let the hair that sprouts from my jaw, chin and cheeks grow, but the thought of having a beard growing from my neck (and it does grow from my neck: the front part can get quite hirsute after a couple of days) just doesn't appeal to me.

MRasheed

I have some hairs that grow out of my neck that I trim. I can't grow hair on my jaw line but I do keep a neat mustache and goatee.

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum wa rahmatullah,
The best thing for us to say is 'I do not know' and refer our answers to those who are better acquainted with the authentic texts in reference to this matter.

My dear brother please read the following fatwa which insha'Allah will answer your question:
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69749/beard

With regards to the beard itself, it is fard, obligatory for the muslim male (if he can grow it!), this is confirmed by the consensus of the four Imaams that preceded us. Where there is a difference of opinion is the length of the beard (to trim it or not). Allah knows best. So please let us not convolute the discussion with what is concordant with 'our' opinions.

My dear brother Ibrahim, welcome to TTI, and may Allah continue to increase your blessings, as He has given you the greatest gift of Eman.

May Allah guide us all, for without His Guidance we are truly and utterly lost.
Wassalaam

dollar$

the true meaning of the beard

I have had a lot of personal lectures about the beard and i can safely say that the beard is wajib as well as sunnah. This means that you HAVE to keep it and also you will recieve reward every second. The beard CANNOT be trimmed below a fist in length or be shaven. If a person has done this then they will be sinning every second. Even during sleep and salaah! Brothers please remember that all the prophets of Allah have a beard and the route to jannah can only acomplished by copying them. Jazaakallah

Mumin01

is there proof of it either sinning or being blessed every second?

and as far as i know the prophet Sal Allahu Alayhi wa Salam only told us to grow it out, he specified no specific length length, but it was a tradition of the Sahabah (RA) to trim it at fist length, i dont think you can bash on a brother just cause his beard isnt as thick or as long as urs is

Allahu Alam

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna
:salam2:

Hadith - Bukhari 7:781, Narrated Ibn 'Umar

Allaah's Apostle :saw: said,

"Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuHurayrah

The Messenger of Allaah :saw: said:
'Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers."

Hadith - Bukhari 9:651, Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri

The Prophet :saw: said,
"There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)."
(Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Hadith - Muwatta 51.7

Yahya related to me from Maalik from Zayd ibn Aslam that Ata ibn Yasar told him that the Messenger of Allaah :saw: was in the mosque when a man came in with dishevelled hair and beard. The Messenger of Allaah :saw: motioned with his hand that he should be sent out to groom his hair and beard. The man did so and then returned. The Messenger of Allaah :saw: said, "Isn't this better than that one of you should come with his head dishevelled, as if he were a shaytan?"

The last hadith means that even your beard is long, should try to groom...you know, smooth it with some olive oil or somethin' if it looks a bit frizzy or you could shampoo and conditioned it with a hair conditioner or some says egg yolk to make it fluffy...if you prefer the fluffy look...heheh...I know this, coz I take care of my hubby beard...the wife just just go ga-ga over the beard....so brother, take care of 'em beard.