Beautiful Conduct/Example.

Abu Fauzi

Assalam alaykum,
In Ayat 21 of Surat Ahzab of the Holy Qur'an (33:21), Allah, Azzah Wa Jallah, says:--

"You have indeed in the Apostle of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct),
for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages
much in the praise of Allah."

In view of this, since our object is Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, and the Final Day, we are charged to follow the Prophetic guidance taught/treaded by Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam- the guidance referred to as "a beautiful example"... that Allah loves. Spiritual teachers have always taught that the Prophet's beautiful example primarily lies in the inner qualities of his soul..... designated by his compassion, justice, generosity, forgiveness etc.

We should imitate him in this, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, by obeying the rules of Islamic Shari'a and overcoming everyday forgetfulness of the soul. This is closely related with the teaching in Ayat 31 of Surat Ali-Imran of the Holy Qur'an:--

"Say: 'If you love Allah, follow me, and Allah will love you
and forgive you your sins." (3:31).

In otherwords, the way to become worthy of Allah's love is to follow Prophetic guidance. The good of following this guidance is explained by a famous Hadith Qudsi in which the Prophet, peace be upon him, quotes the words of Allah Ta'ala: "When My Servant approaches Me through good works, then I love him. When I love him, I am the hearing with which he hears, the eye with which he sees, the hand with which he grasps, and the foot with which he walks".

Abu Juwairiya

A person's good manners, agreeable character, good social and people skills, honesty, trustworthiness, sincerity and uprightness are in short a form of 'silent da'wah'. The Prophet (SAW) spoke of his appearance and mission in perfecting good conduct.

As the Prophet's character was a reflection of absolute perfection in a human (and not divine) sense, we are imitating him when we seek to improve our overall personal manners in relation both to Allah and to His Creation; meaning His servants, the rest of the human race.

Our behaviour, relationships and social bonding with and to other Muslims should in theory be easier to uphold since they worship the same Creator.

However, we should be equally on guard for ensuring we give respect to Non Muslims, especially since we as Muslims are the custodians of the Divine Message and serve as ambassadors of Islam to them.

It may be our good manners turn them towards Islam or our bad conduct turns them away from Islam. Either way we have a Divine Responsibility and by following social etiquettes our goals towards pleasing our Creator will inshallah become easier.

Abu Juwairiya

10329179_723448494345333_4304510309743908703_n.jpg