beautiful hadith

Marina28

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sharing a beautiful hadith post i know i have daily hadith but i thought this was so beautiful that it needed its own thread-

There was a man from the desert people whose name was Zahir. He used to bring gifts from the desert to the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), and in return the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) would provide him with whatever he needed when he went out to fight. The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Zahir is our man of the desert, and we are his town-dwellers." The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) loved him very much, and he (Zahir) was an ugly man.

One day the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to him whilst he was selling some goods. He embraced him from behind. The man could not see him, so he said, "Let me go! Who is this?" Then he turned around and recognized the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), so he tried to move closer to him once he knew who it was. The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) started to say, "Who will buy this slave?" Zahir said, "O Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), you will find me unsellable." The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "But in the sight of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) you are not unsellable," or he said, "But in the sight of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) you are valuable."

- Reported by Imam Ahmad from Anas (رضي الله عنه)

i think this is a great hadith....ive always felt ulgy to be honest but thats understandable as i was abusive relationship...but in the end i had the courage to leave then i met the love my life and found islam so allah has plan for all of us.......

Lena

:salam2:

Allow me to share this beautiful hadith with you.

Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your heart and to your deeds." [Sahih Muslim]

Doesn't this just make you feel so good and happy. What matters to Allah the Almighty is what is in your heart and your actions. :D

Dear sister, NEVER EVER feel or think that you are ugly. Allah doesn't do ugly. Believe that you are beautiful inside and out. Beauty and wealth fades with time but what is in our hearts and our deeds never fade away. Just remember that. I love you for the sake of Allah sister :hijabi:

:jazaak: for sharing!

:wasalam:

Marina28

Omg that's soooo beautiful thanks for sharing sister I'm sooo gonna use this one thanx again. Ur totally right, it's ur actions matter not ur looks :)